• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greenlight UO on Steam

EM Hanarin

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I am EM Hanarin.

I know there are some opinions about Greenlight UO on Steam. And I would not want involve or arouse any controversy issues that may hurt people's feeling. However, I would like to you to know that one thing about Greenlight UO on Steam personally. So this is not an official announcement, it's a personal article to let you know outside of US (more specific, outside of Origin Store) and minor group in Ultima Online.

As you may be aware of, there are lots of players in UO. They are all living different area, region, or country. So UO provides some shards for them such as Koreans for Arirang, Balhae shard and Japanese for Asuka, Izumo, Yamato, etc. Same as this, Origin store redirects you to the local market according to where you live now. Unfortunately, those who living in specific region or country cannot buy any stuffs related with UO from Origin store. Yes, there are Korea shards but we cannot buy UO stuffs from Origin store. That's quiet ironic.

I do not or will not analyze or criticize anything about Origin store now because it is not right to do such thing I am as long as EM and I do not how they work honestly. What I do know currently is each local Origin store has different policy and it is holding back us to buy UO codes and expansions.

So you may wonder why we are expecting UO on Steam? Thankfully, Steam has global policy so we can buy things if they are selling in different regions except prohibited games by governments. (For example, Homefront was prohibited in South Korea because of politic issue and Steam does not sell it to Koreans) So it means there is a chance we can finally buy things from Steam.

I am not asking you to vote Yes or No. It is your choice to make a decision. You have your point of view to judge what's good for you. And it is yours to wield your right. I just wanted you to know that it is not only for young players we are going to have when UO goes to Steam but also for current players in specific region where they cannot buy UO stuffs. That's all.

So this is not an official statement or announcement. This is totally personal article so I won't add any prefix on this article. I just wanted to speak up for my people and myself.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards
EM Hanarin

General Lee

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That's very interesting you can't buy from the store it must be very frustrating trying to enhance your good amour! Lets hope for your people that if it does get greenlite'd then they do sell all that stuff through Steam. Thanks for the share.