• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Green Cloth (that's not green)

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't even remember where I got this from, and I'm assuming it's nothing really rare, but anyone know where this might have came from?

thanks!
-Derium

K

Kandorian Demons

Correct me if wrong but isn't that what you get from cutting up Green Clothing?

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a cloak, I think it's black, or blue...lol I should have checked before posting, anyway, if you bring up its info, it says "A Green Cloak". I believe it is made from "Green Cloth" like you have there.

Where it came from...I have no idea.

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Green clothing was from a while back when you set the tailor kit to barbed leather and then crafted cloth items. I think this might be from (I'm just taking a guess so i could be wrong) crafting cut-up cloth with the kit set to barbed leather. No idea on value for this tho since I've never seen it.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a feeling it's one of those items where not many are around, but the price is prolly low too haha. but that's okay, at least I know where it's from, thanks!

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is where it came from, the other interesting thing is that clothing made from "Green Cloth" can be dyed using the Tok dyes.

Robes made of "Green Cloth" usually run 1-2 million. At least that's what they were worth 3 or 4 years ago ;)

I came across 5-6 robes made of it in an IDOC about 3 or 4 years ago. Not knowing what they were I dropped them on the floor at Luna bank. I think I was the only one at the bank that day that had no idea what they were worth! After seeing everyone scooping them up, I decided that I needed to find out what they were ;)

Hope that helps

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Green clothing was from a while back when you set the tailor kit to barbed leather and then crafted cloth items. I think this might be from (I'm just taking a guess so i could be wrong) crafting cut-up cloth with the kit set to barbed leather. No idea on value for this tho since I've never seen it.
This is correct. They are popular because they can be dyed with the tokuno dyes. Average price is about 1-4 million. Price factor is determined by amount cloth used and rarity of created item .. for example a lot of sashes around, but hardly see a tricorne hat. Also crafted name can factor in as well with more favorable names being more desirable that "Bob" (unless you have a thing for Bob clothing :p )

Also whether or not they are blessed can also factor in. While I personally haven't tried it, I believe you can cut up the non-blessed green clothing to make a green clothing item you desire. So while blessed does have the expense of an item deed, the bob-blessed is more versatile. I have not personally tested this, so please investigate thoroughly prior to any cutting Someone should confirm this last bit to be sure.

Good luck!

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you cut up a robe (haven't tried with with a green robe yet, but i will once I find one) you get cut cloth right? how did the piece I have end up being folded?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when you cut up a robe (haven't tried with with a green robe yet, but i will once I find one) you get cut cloth right? how did the piece I have end up being folded?
Yes, I would assume when you cut up a robe, you get the cloth... but I haven't tested it personally. I know you used to be able to, but unsure whether or not you still can.

Far as the style of fold... when you have cut cloth, in the menu for a sewing kit there is an option called combine cloth. Works great when you turn in bods and get several styles of folded cloth of the same color or if you buy the different styles of folded cloth from the NPCs. It combines them and gives you that style of folded cloth in the picture.

Again, be careful if you do it, maybe try a less expensive green item first and I would make sure you had no regular cloth in your backpack to prevent any glitches of the two combining. Game mechanics wise it should only combine like-colored cloth, but if they are both the some standard color or default colored, it may combine them. Just be careful. This is just how it used to be done and I'm not sure if it still works.

Good luck and please let us know what you find out if you test this so in the future if someone wants to know we have the answer.

L

lols

While I personally haven't tried it, I believe you can cut up the non-blessed green clothing to make a green clothing item you desire.
No :(

Cut up green clothing just turns into regular cloth.

The green folded cloth came from having a sewing kit set to barbed and cloth scraps in your bag and then using the 'combine material' button.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The green folded cloth came from having a sewing kit set to barbed and cloth scraps in your bag and then using the 'combine material' button.
Great! Sounds like we have a definite origin for the OP. That makes sense to me given the style of the cloth being the combined type and the way the bug worked back then. Based on that, in my opinion, it should be kept as is. If this was from combo'n cloth back then and not reproducible than it is more rare as is and I don't think anyone should try and make clothing out of it (even -if- that would work).

I haven't seen green cloth come up on the boards often and haven't seen it saturated in-game, so my guess is it's worth a decent amount. I would think if they were made in large amounts (as the gold mark scrolls were), we'd be seeing a lot of it still floating out there. I personally wouldn't go less than 10m until you get an idea on how many are out there and perhaps get a second confirmation it can't be made. Not that I doubt Lols, but to make absolutely sure it can't be made. Since I haven't seen it often, items like this make me (and others too) nervous, so the more confirmation you can get that you can't find a way to make it will help increase its value. My guess is if the answers are in your favor you might be able to get even more than 10m, possibly significantly more if you found a crafting collector. It would look great in a crafting room.

P.S. Forgot this, but testing at server down should still work if you time it right and make sure its not saving - always makes me nervous though. *shudders*

N

necromancer45895

the reason its a piece of folded cloth and not the cut cloth is because of the way you "made" the green cloth. for a short time you would create an oil cloth from the tailoring menu then put it into a commodity deed then redeem it. that would give you stackable oil cloth for each piece you did, which could be used to create clothing with the green tag.