• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragons

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm a tamer bard and i can't tame solo a greater dragon. There is someone that can help me? I'd like to take 2 for my second tamer. One red and one brown. Very good :)
Who can help me?
Thanks

T

Trinsie

I'm a tamer bard and i can't tame solo a greater dragon. There is someone that can help me? I'd like to take 2 for my second tamer. One red and one brown. Very good :)
Who can help me?
Thanks
What server? If you are Origin I will help. If not and you cannot find help I would suggest building up your honor.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Build your armor up and use IT to tame them yourself. Go to succubus with a Cu and spend a couple hours. You'll be knight, or close to it, in that time. Then find the GDrags you want, honor yourself, and go tame them quickly and easily.

D

Deryk the Pirate

How exactly does Honor help? Ive only been back for a few weeks now playing and Ive seen it mentioned but don't understand. Im familiar with the virtue honor and that part but does bestowing your honor on it make it non aggressive? I tried to tame one yesterday I ate an orange petal to help with the poison issue but usually I beat dragons and mares down then lead tame them... the greater dragons have hit me for 130 damage and killed me in 1 shot lol. What strategies are ppl doing to solo tame them?

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What server? If you are Origin I will help. If not and you cannot find help I would suggest building up your honor.
Sorry, i'm on Catskills.
I have only second level of honor and it's too poor :(
I've been working on Honor but in the meanwhile i need the two dragons :D

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Build your armor up and use IT to tame them yourself. Go to succubus with a Cu and spend a couple hours. You'll be knight, or close to it, in that time. Then find the GDrags you want, honor yourself, and go tame them quickly and easily.
Only succubus help to raise Honor to knight?

T

Trinsie

How exactly does Honor help? Ive only been back for a few weeks now playing and Ive seen it mentioned but don't understand. Im familiar with the virtue honor and that part but does bestowing your honor on it make it non aggressive? I tried to tame one yesterday I ate an orange petal to help with the poison issue but usually I beat dragons and mares down then lead tame them... the greater dragons have hit me for 130 damage and killed me in 1 shot lol. What strategies are ppl doing to solo tame them?
You honor yourself, by doing this the monsters will not attack or harm you unless you harm them. This allows you to stand right next to a greater dragon trying to tame them without them even attacking you for it. This is only temporary and the length of time this lasts is based on you level of honor. You need to honor and then kill monsters to gain in honor. I would not recommend trying this with low levels of honor for it will only last on yourself for a few seconds.

I don't know if that makes sense but I am not good at explaining things.

Only succubus help to raise Honor to knight?
I tame Greater dragons using honor and I am only "Follower of Honor", well about halfway through follower. I built all of this from zero off honoring and killing swoop.

D

Deryk the Pirate

ahhh ok now that is making sense. So when you get your honor high enough (mine is 8/10 Im guessing for the first tier was killing ice deamons for a few hours, also working sacrifice for the self res) so then when you honour yourself the GD wont attack you. Guess I need to start seriously raising my Honour... I want to check out one of these bad boys lol. So since they take up 5 control spots guess ya got to get used to walking bleh... wonder if gargoyles can be tamers? They fly at the speed of a fast horse lol.

U

uoBuoY

I used Ice Fiends at first but got better Honor gains from WWs which is odd because they have same level of fame). When I stopped seeing any Honor gain messages from Ice Fiends, I was able to gain from WWs. The WWs spawn faster than Ice Fiends, have double the gps and a load of leather as a side benefit. Ice Fiends also target switch far more often WWs.

I have raised Honor on 2 Tamer/Bards to 2.6 (Follower 6th dot) with WWs and Swoops but it takes time.

A

Abyss

Thrashers in Twisted Weald give the highest level of honor gain. You can Knight it in around 30 mins if you are unaccosted by the other monsters.

C

controlfive

i've gotten knight off of thrasher, but it definitely takes longer than 30 minutes, even with disco.

A

Abyss

Guess it all depends on the char. Never really done it with a tamer...always used my Sammy.

R

RichDC

You could always invest in skill points for spellweaving.

Get a high level focus and cast etheral voyage...with a 5 that lasts the same length as knight of honor

M

mutau

Does Thrasher give more Honor than Swoops?

I've been farming Swoops with my Greater Dragon, and honestly, I was starting to think that something is wrong with the whole Honor point system. Whats the amount of points between dots? Seems like a gazillion?

K

Kazumi the Wild

You could always invest in skill points for spellweaving.

Get a high level focus and cast etheral voyage...with a 5 that lasts the same length as knight of honor
Don't you need a lot of people to get a focus that high? Doesn't that negate the entire point of trying to solo-tame greater dragons?

Forgive me my ignorance - Spellweaving is still mysterious and new to me, and I've only glanced at the rules for it. :)

G

Goodoljoe

Honor yourself and slap jewelry to make 120 tame if you dont naturally have it then just spam a tame macro, at 120 it usually doesnt take more than one or two atempts

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, you don't have to use honour or spellweaving to get a GD. If you want a really basic taming technique, it's quite possible.

Get a good resist suit on, some orange petals to protect you from poison so you just have to cast heals, heal pots can be handy, as can the bracelet of health if you have one.

Firstly, I go to fire isle temple and pull a dragon out to a quiet spot. Then either use a cu or better still 2 kitsune with my disco bard to beat it down till it's on a sliver of health. I'll then park my pets, run up to the drag, drop an invis on myself and eat an orange petal. After that I just hold down my tame macro and keep a tile away till I start the tame. Then keep invising and healing myself as necessary.

If you're struggling, a guildmate or friend who can heal and invis you will help a lot.

But anything above and beyond a simple lead tame is pretty optional. Just work with what you have available and after a bit of practice you should have a new dragon :)

Wenchy

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, i'm on Catskills.
I have only second level of honor and it's too poor :(
I've been working on Honor but in the meanwhile i need the two dragons :D
Ivory...did you get them...if not throw up a post on the catskills forum...we will give you a hand np.

L

Lunaticus

Wow! Sometimes I'm amazed at the ingenuity of other players. A few weeks ago, my aunt and I went out to tame ourselves a GD. I took an archer to fend off the spawn, and she brought her 120 tamer/peacer. It took us a bit of time, but we ended up getting each of us a GD and my mother to boot! I never realized that there were ways in which one could tame a GD solo. . . Been playing this game for over nine years, and I still learn something new almost every day! :spider: