• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragons Learning New Spells?

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive heard from a few people lately that if you cast a spell alot while your around your greater dragon it will learn it eventually. Is that true? Has anyone else heard or experienced this?

5% Luck

Yes this is totaly true Ive been casting EVs with mine out and it started casting EVs too!

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...I just new SOMEONE who was going to post here would have to be a smart a$$ about it.

Den2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have not heard that...but what I have experienced is this:

For me, the greater dragons with 120+ magery seemed to heal itself more during battle and cure (arch cure) itself faster than a greater below 120. Not sure if that was intended but that's the way it seems to me and the greaters I've had.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never seen any of mine cast spells out of the ordinary and at least one of these runs with a tamer/mage who I cast spells with all the time. The pet spell book is limited since they have no use to cast certain spells. White Wyrms used to cast mass curse, which would hit their owner too, then they would turn around and eat their master. Since they effective cast like a player casting off scrolls (20 points lower than actual spell level), I wonder if a really high magery greater dragon could cast earthquake.

Dragons dispell summons any which way (it's ability not skill), so that wouldnt be something they where casting.

I'm curious what spells they where said to be casting.

My unicorn loves to cast poison more than my rune beetle. My one kitsune loves to cast heal (as far as I've seen, pets only like to cast heal and cure in combat). Pets cast arch cure when they are poisoned it seems. I've been hit with the sparklies as has the other pet when training pets against each other.

(Sorry if I came off cranky at all. I spent a lot of time dispelling stupid info someone told a pretty much newbie in our guild concerning his fighter. He had focus instead of healing..... I'd like to strangle a whomever told him that was the best way to go.)

C

Corrupted Goblin

Your pet must have the required magery to cast high level spells. so if your GD starts out with 50 magery you will get lightning and below until it works it way up and then it will start casting the higher level stuff.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did giggle when I read that reply. My hubby was reading over my shoulder and didn't get it until I reminded him G. dragons take 5 control slots. So I was laughing as much at him.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When a gretaer dragon is tamed his magery is a max, sorry they do not train up.

Other pets doo however and wen they get higher they can cast higher level spells.

But sorry you have been fed a line they do not learn spells from what you are casting.

If that were so I would stand next to my Beetle and cast nothign but poison, so that is all he would cast with his 120+ nox, Can you say DP every time LoL.

Pied Piper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope your wrong...Greater Dragon is only Tameable thats magery can go past 100 and as far as I know 130 is the cap all though Ive never seen one that high (seen one on siege with 128)

I have had 3 on LS....

Leviathan's magery was 120. sumin when I 1st got her. She has died alot when young and for a while was below 120 but recently got it up above 120 again and as of right now is 121.8

Melissa Muncher (aka Geico Gecko) is one I'm training for my bro and is a monster. Alot of Str and Resist wise it is one of the best I've seen on LS, although, I have seen some other people with frikin amazing Dragons . Has better all around resists less mana than leviathan but is not as magical as Leviathan in terms of Magery.

Melissa's was 106 when I got her and now is 108. sumin and climbing...

Trick is their Resist spells and magery tend to get stuck kinda and at different intervals for different births...
Sumtimes it seems its either not going up because of a bunch of reasons:

1. other skills need to go up passed a certain point 1st
2. your drag is killing stuff too fast with physical attacks
3. your not making it fight stuff that can take massive amounts of damage
4. your dragon is dying too much
5. try making it fight stuff where you are at a place where ONLY THING YER DRAGON CAN DO TO HURT ENEMY IS CAST MAGIC
6. yer dragon sux

personally jus I say do numbers 2,3,4,and 5 all combined and you should be fine

But no hes right bout 2nd part...they dont learn new spells...they cast all magery direct damage spells, do dragon super fire breath, bless them selves, cast arch cure, cast paralyze, and do bleed attack, and they seem to do their teleportation instant transmission along with flying and getting stuck on top of buildings LOL

thank goodness for pet balls in non log out situations LOL

P

pavel.vesely

to Pied Piper: Greater dragons can gain magery only if they die first. What they have after taming is maximum. And your point five is completely wrong, you can cast only on targets you see, and if you see them, they see you, and come to eat you. Proper way is like this, kill one enemy, wait while your dragon regenerates all mana, kill another enemy.