• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

greater dragons and super mares?

S

ShaunOfPac

Where do the new souped up mares spawn? And what is the required taming for the new beasts?

Z

Zodiac19

The Vanguard Controlers rode The dread warhorses once the controler was killed or dismounted the warhorse could be tamed. The minimum tamming needed is 105. I'm not sure if they are still spawning but you might check Cove, Nujel'm, Serpent's Hold, or Papua as this is where they were spawning.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUT be very careful, and don't go alone as the spawn is VERY heavy !!! :popcorn:

(i never go myself :lol:)

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am thinking someone said earlier 106.7 for the mares to tame, but I can't remember. Once the Vanguard is off it (can also use a Bola to dismount him), it's easy with a peacer tamer. I have done prob 100 plus of them & it's a piece of cake. Problem can be is the people killing the vanguard usually kill the dread mare also :( On the Greater Drag's get your Honor up then they are easy tames also. Without Honor, ya can die several times. They too are over the 105 to tame.
And yes the spawn associated with the Vanguard can be a lot & hinder badly. I have bola'd him early & led the mare off to tame & have killed the vanguard then tamed the mare. it's whats most convenient & easy fro you.

G

galefan2004

BUT be very careful, and don't go alone as the spawn is VERY heavy !!! :popcorn:

(i never go myself :lol:)
You can solo them. Its not that hard. Most of the time I don't even die while soloing them. You can bola the Vanguards off of the mounts but you need to attack the horse the second the Vangurds fall off it to keep it from disapearing.

G

galefan2004

I am thinking someone said earlier 106.7 for the mares to tame, but I can't remember. Once the Vanguard is off it (can also use a Bola to dismount him), it's easy with a peacer tamer. I have done prob 100 plus of them & it's a piece of cake.
I have honor tamed, EV tamed, and lead tamed the warhorses. They aren't exactly hard to tame if you know how.

Problem can be is the people killing the vanguard usually kill the dread mare also :( On the Greater Drag's get your Honor up then they are easy tames also. Without Honor, ya can die several times. They too are over the 105 to tame.
I only kill the dreads if they are under 630 hp (or at 630 hp with horrible resists). The dread I currently have (best I've seen) is 643 hp 74 physical and 40 fire. That is actually the highest fire resist I have seen on a dread.

And yes the spawn associated with the Vanguard can be a lot & hinder badly. I have bola'd him early & led the mare off to tame & have killed the vanguard then tamed the mare. it's whats most convenient & easy fro you.
I normally just kill him and then tame the horse. I run away from the spawn then lure the Vanguard away from the spawn. If you are not used to luring mobs out of a lot of spawn without getting most of it on you then you might have some issues.

G

galefan2004

That site is bonked. They don't have a minimum of 555 hp (its more like 505) and I've never really seen one go over 550 (although I've heard it was possible). I'm betting whoever put that information up put the hps from when the lored it and it was blessed (or strengthed). I'd have to say my 71 physical 40 fire 543 hp one is pretty darn nice.

M

meridus

The stats on the Dreads are from an average of 77 or so different critters. However, the purpose of the guide is to be accurate. So if you have additional information, let me know.

Cheers

G

galefan2004

The stats on the Dreads are from an average of 77 or so different critters. However, the purpose of the guide is to be accurate. So if you have additional information, let me know.

Cheers
I have lored WAY over 70 dread war horses. Their minimum hp seems to be 505 and their max hp (that I've seen) seems to be 545. I've heard of people having 550 and 551. I've never even heard of one (or seen one) over that unless they were blessed/strengthened which I'd say 95% of them are when you first lore them.

I'd have to say that everything else looks pretty accurate.

DrDolittle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have lored WAY over 70 dread war horses. Their minimum hp seems to be 505 and their max hp (that I've seen) seems to be 545. I've heard of people having 550 and 551. I've never even heard of one (or seen one) over that unless they were blessed/strengthened which I'd say 95% of them are when you first lore them.
I tamed two last night. One has 607hp and the other has 609hp. I just took them out of the stable and lored them to be sure.

G

galefan2004

I tamed two last night. One has 607hp and the other has 609hp. I just took them out of the stable and lored them to be sure.
I'm not doubting that. All I can do is talk about past experience. I got my collection rewards (luck set, full virtue tiles, dragon head, bee hive, and horse barding) almost strictly from turning in Vanguard shields and swords. I lored everyone of those war horses

The best one I ever saw had 642 hp. Ok, so I'm an idiot, and I appologize. I just lored it and it has 642 hp. I think the base I saw by that means then would be 595 and the top would be 645. Sorry for the confusion.

The one I currently own is...

642 HP
508 STR
74PR 40FR 21CR 55PR 48ER

I'm the one in error here...sorry about the confusion. Although I have heard of someone with a horse that had 650+ hp. Never seen one though. Everything else seems right so sorry again.

Looking at your guide makes me love this war horse even more btw. :p

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My dread is 650 hp / 531 str. 75/37/20/53/49. Basically, a ridable white wyrm.

K

K'torr

602 hp 67/40/37/57/42
Not the greatest, but works very well for me.

G

galefan2004

My dread is 650 hp / 531 str. 75/37/20/53/49. Basically, a ridable white wyrm.
How much int does yours have? Mine has 142. I'm actually a bigger fan of higher int than higher str because of the way pets mana dump (except with my greater who is a str pet).

G

galefan2004

Can anyone tell me if they use their special (aoe poison thing) when they are tamed. I just recently started hunting with mine (basically because I replaced them repeatedly until I got this one) and I haven't seen them use the special yet.