• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragon Spawn in Destard Stopped?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed that there have been no greater dragons spawning in Destard (Trammel) on Sonoma for about the last 30-45 minutes. Not sure if this is just a fluke or if it's happening on other shards too. Could it mean the Stranger rotation is about to start up again?

Edited to add: Just checked again, about 90 minutes later. Still no greater dragons spawning in Destard on Sonoma in the main room. However, I did find a few (3) in the room to the north. So either there's flukey going on or someone's herding them up there. (Probably the latter.) Checked out some other shards and found they still had greater dragons in the main room (GL - 4, Legends - 5, Origin - 5, Napa - 5 or 6, Pacific - 4 wild and 1 tamed and released?, Atlantic - 4, Baja - 4, Oceania -6).

P

packrat

I just checked Napa and they have plenty here... Someone was killing them and they were re-spawning.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They were spawning just fine this AM on LA.

What I have noticed though is the number of quality/good Greater Dragons spawning has decreased dramatically.

*Shrug* One migh have expected this to occur after their initial introduction.

BUT it is disappointing to see all these Junk Greater Dragons in all their spawn points.

I see a 1844 HP GD and it is almost always followed with 500is int, 1000ish str, 65% phys res, 70% Fire Res and skills in the low 120's.

You see a 1000ish HP GD and things are hardly any better.

J

Joyous2K

They were spawning just fine this AM on LA.

What I have noticed though is the number of quality/good Greater Dragons spawning has decreased dramatically.

*Shrug* One migh have expected this to occur after their initial introduction.

BUT it is disappointing to see all these Junk Greater Dragons in all their spawn points.

I see a 1844 HP GD and it is almost always followed with 500is int, 1000ish str, 65% phys res, 70% Fire Res and skills in the low 120's.

You see a 1000ish HP GD and things are hardly any better.
I too have noticed this. I think you are the first to document it. I am on LS. They are slowly nerfing the quality drags. Maybe I had 26 hours of bad luck but seems unlikely.

S

Sarphus

You could be not seeing GD's because someone relocated the GD's that spawn.

I haven't farmed GD in a really long time, so I can't comment on whether they are generally spawning with worse stats.

A

Azureal

Plenty on Oceania too. I just dragged one away from my lockpicking chest.

Always exciting recalling into Destard and being greeted with a curse/flamestrike combo.