• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragon Question

G

gandolfofaol

Normally I "subdue" aggressive pets before I tame them. Does a greater dragon suffer a bigger drop in skill/stats if I use that approach?

C

Cacophonix

I don't think any pets suffer from additional skill/stat loss if you beat them down first, only if you paralyze them.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, beat them down to within no blue on the life line and it wont make any difference in the post tame values. AND I would beat them to no blue as they have plenty of life left, leave em any red and they will punish you.

BUT

It will barely make any difference in their ability to kill you either.

Some have commented and I have experienced it, If they cant run after you they just teleport on you. Same Difference your dead.

Having said that, what it does do is reduce the Fire Breath Damage and it does slow them down movement (as in walking). This can be helpful, especially if you can get a Peace on them. At 160 Barding Difficulty they are just hard to bard.

C

Cacophonix

Best way to tame a greater dragon is building up your honor and then honoring yourself.

G

gandolfofaol

Thanks for the tips all. And since I'm not a tamer/bard and since they tend to heal up if you leave to stable another bet and come back I'll have to work my honor and use that approach.