• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Greater Dragon question

F

francis

I'm new to the taming profession and I've just bonded a greater dragon. I have a hypothetical question.

My taming skill with jewelry is 120 and animal lore is 120; however, without the gear my skills are 90 and 100 respectively. What happens to my dragon when I die? After resurrection there will be a couple seconds where my skill is 90 and 100 before i put my jewelry back on, and I'm concerned my greater dragon (who is bonded) will go wild or I'll otherwise loose him. Thanks in advance for any insights provided!

S

Scarab

you'll be fine. just don't give him any commands until you have the jewelry back on

F

francis

Wow that was a fast response Scarab, thank you for the info!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if you do slip and give it a command or two it will still be your friend :)

Just curious though why would you rez the pet before getting your stuff back?

Without being equipped, it might just be a tactical mistake to deal with your pet. It isn't like you can do much about keeping it alive or removing it from harms way.

F

francis

Enigma- i should have been more specific with the hypothetical situation. I die but pet lives. but, that's a good point!

This brings me to another newbie question... what skill do i need in order to take off my jewls? Is it just 105 taming?

Once again thank you for the information :)

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You won't have pets go wild because your jewels are off, as long as you don't accidentally command them and lower their loyalty. If you play with sound up to hear a refused command noise, that will prompt you if you forget. The important thing is to avoid spamming commands and if you notice a pet losing loyalty it's sensible to carry pet food to boost loyalty to wonderfully happy again.

If you have 105/105 that's only going to take you into the low 70's% for control of a greater dragon. I'd suggest 110/110 if you can, but while you're training taming, you can get lore up to 120 very quickly and that will help you out a good bit.

There's a handy calculator here if you want to fiddle around with figures and see how it works out.

You can also see a list of pets and your control chance at different skill levels right here.

Wenchy

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enigma- i should have been more specific with the hypothetical situation. I die but pet lives. but, that's a good point!

This brings me to another newbie question... what skill do i need in order to take off my jewls? Is it just 105 taming?

Once again thank you for the information :)
Taming has two major catagories

1) Stable Space, this is calculated based on your Animal Lore, Animal Taming and Veterinary Skills at the time you go to stable a pet. Jewelry is used in that calculation.

2) Taming/Control, To Tame does NOT take Animal Lore into consideration. To control takes both Animal Lore and Animal Taming. As a minimum, for control, just base both Animal Lore and Animal Tameing on the Animal Tameing skill required TO TAME. If you do that then the pet will obey you the majority of the time, this tends to be very functional but frustrating at times.