• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gray Bug?

Andy316

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simply, is this a bug or attended? Whenever u sick ur pet on a gray, it'll flag u gray and possibly Guard Whack u if u're in guard zone. This should be fixed if it isn't intended, this has been going on for way too long.

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to PvP with pets, you should go in the UO options and change the default colors for flagged people so you can make the difference between someone who is grey and someoen who is flagged to you.

What happens is that by default, both appears grey. The tamer and the pet have different flags. This means that you may be flagged to the grey but not your pet. By commanding your pet [non flagged] to attack a blue flagged to you, you order your pet to make a criminal act.

This feature is a lot abused to pas murder counts to tamers. It can be abused too against people using followers like demons, energy vortices (EV targets a grey guy, but hits the guy when he is blue a few seconds later), etc..

Anakena

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wat difference does it make?
Well, if you change the default color for flagged into, let's say, yellow, you will see as grey those who are freely attackable, in yellow those who are only flagged to you.

If you attack with pets those in grey you are safe, but if you attack those in yellow, you will go yourself grey and eventually be whacked.

It is a bandaid, but at least you have some control on what is happening.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if you change the default color for flagged into, let's say, yellow, you will see as grey those who are freely attackable, in yellow those who are only flagged to you.

If you attack with pets those in grey you are safe, but if you attack those in yellow, you will go yourself grey and eventually be whacked.
I'm pretty sure that if you attack someone while they're grey, then you'll just both be grey to each other and not to everyone else even after the initial grey person's crim timer wears out.

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel your pain on this one, Andy.

The bandaid fix is all well and good, but doesn't solve the underlying problem you described. Theres also another problem.

You can go grey from attacking REDS with pets/summons - people who should be universally attackable. I should know - happened to me a few times.

Dev really needs to look into this.

S

Sarphus

This is most definitely a bug. I have gone grey putting pets on reds before, but I haven't figured out why.

I also think that putting your pets on a gray should not ever flag the tamer.

Consider this scenario. You're blue and have more than one pet. A blue comes up to you and attacks one of your blue pets. They flag criminal because they committed a criminal act. You command "all kill" on them and are flagged a criminal. If you kill them, you get a murder count.

This is clearly a bug and it is exploited fairly heavily in pvp.

It's annoying when someone attacks you, you defend yourself and get a murder count.