• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Graphical Glitches in SA Client Help

D

Darlan

I have graphical glitches in the client . They destroy not only the landscape but also the UI and several text. Another user saw the picture I will post here now and told me, he never has somethib like this in the client, so i guess its no bug. A driver update for my graphic and a driectx update did not help. Has anyone the same glitches and/or what can I do?

In the picture i marked the glitches with circles.

PS: glitches are not always on the same position

Attachments

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have seen things like that, almost.

Mostly it is just a single tile, such as a teleporter.

Mostly it is after a patch or something and I have always written it off as just a graphic update. As it tends to go away if I log out and log back in.

*Shrug* So I am not sure why your getting it. I could generalize and suggest that for what ever the reason, the tile set that is missing, has a bad identifier on it and can not be found in the art work file.

Not that I think it will help, but you may try to increase/decrease the Frame Rate in the Options menu.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it did not help

Any other suggestions?
Not really, I will think on it but it gets down to why those tile sets are not being identified correctly.

There can be two reasons:

The tile sets are misidentified

OR

The system redraw is ... well for some unknown reason, skipping over them.

I suppose (as in don't go out and buy a video card) that if you had access to another Video Card or an onboard video chip, you could try swapping them and see if the problem persisted. That would pretty much limit where the problem is.

If some one knew the file name for the tiles/objects what ever, then deleting it and forcing the patcher to download a fresh copy may also be useful.

D

Darlan

Dont think it is related to special files, because the appearance of the glitches change all the time, they are not persistant

D

Darlan

After a reinstall the glitches inside of houses seem to be gone, but the black glitches in the landscape are still occuring. Why is there only one poster in the whole uostratics who can try to help me about this? *wondering*

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

I see the occasional missing tile when wandering around outside. They can be Black or they can be water when close to water.

I have also see what appears to be cave floor tiles when on my boat they don't act like obstacles, they identify as water etc.

D

Darlan

Problem still unsolved. Stratics is the biggest uo forum in the world and no one can help me?