• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] Granite and Granite Prices

Lord Damascus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi All,

With the expansion now in full swing.. (and pretty decent to be fair) I was wondering if anyone has noticed an increase in demand for Granite? Especially with the new craftables for customizing Towers, Keeps and Castles?

If so what are the going prices for Granites against Ingots? roughly the same? Slightly less or higher? are they even worth mining at all?

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts..

Kind regards,
Damascus

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just paid 6m for 10k plain granite if thats any use. On Europa.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Granite is in scarce supply on Sonoma, not sure if it's because it's going fast, not many vendors selling basic supplies, or people are just using up their existing supply. Being poorer than the average vet and having no backstock, I've been mining my own for my experiments...have a lot of ideas for custom housing uses that I'd like to try.

Prices I've been seeing here are:
  • Iron: 1500 per, or 150k-200k per 100
  • Dull Copper: 2k per, or 200k per 100
  • Shadow: 3k per, 300k per 100
  • Valorite: 2.5M per 100

As a side note, I was just told by a guild mate that the Trade Quests have added granite ore as a possible reward for completion. Sounded like amounts given might vary based on how much rep you have with the Trade Minister.

Also worth noting that plants, deco plants and natural plant dyes may have a resurgence since the new tiles and craftables are dyable.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I can confirm receiving 150 granite from a trade quest yesterday.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I wonder if which type of granite you get follows the same % as mining - if so this would still be a brutally slow way to accumulate Val granite.

Lord Damascus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If my figures are anything to go by, Valorite Granite is like Rocking Horse cr@p! In 20k Valorite Ingots Mined; i've managed to mine around 500 Valorite Granite in fell as an Elve. I have a store on Atlantic and am currently selling 50 Granite for 950k but unfortunately i may have to increase the price somewhat dramatically as its so difficult to gather.

Regards,
Damascus ~

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Hmm, might be time to sell off some of my pile of valorite granite. I wonder if I can get anything close to that price on Ches.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Granite is in scarce supply on Sonoma, not sure if it's because it's going fast, not many vendors selling basic supplies, or people are just using up their existing supply. Being poorer than the average vet and having no backstock, I've been mining my own for my experiments...have a lot of ideas for custom housing uses that I'd like to try.

Prices I've been seeing here are:
  • Iron: 1500 per, or 150k-200k per 100
  • Dull Copper: 2k per, or 200k per 100
  • Shadow: 3k per, 300k per 100
  • Valorite: 2.5M per 100

As a side note, I was just told by a guild mate that the Trade Quests have added granite ore as a possible reward for completion. Sounded like amounts given might vary based on how much rep you have with the Trade Minister.

Also worth noting that plants, deco plants and natural plant dyes may have a resurgence since the new tiles and craftables are dyable.
Granite from these quests is not new, it has been a reward from the beginning, however if you are counting on any amount of it, I'd sure plan on doing a LOT of quests, with all the quest items that are given the chance of getting granite is pretty finite. However that being said, the quests are tons of fun and quite rewarding if not in gold in fun and the occasional merchant sign or collectable book.... and it supports your chosen loyalty city!

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
They're pretty easy to do too, I just tried a few this morning, took maybe 5 minutes per quest. Though some are easier than others, based on how close the trade minister is to the moongate.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're pretty easy to do too, I just tried a few this morning, took maybe 5 minutes per quest. Though some are easier than others, based on how close the trade minister is to the moongate.
If you use moongates you have no chance to get the merchant sign nor the book.