• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Grand Event] YMCA Resumes Storynight!!

D

Dor of Sonoma

*hugs, grinning*

Good eye, sir!

A caveat, however...I had just come to post about the potential for postponement, when I saw your announcement. The gist is thus:

A HUGE storm has just moved into my area. It has the local weathermen so freaked out, that they are even handing out sandbags in San Francisco this morn! A foot of rain is forecast for Sonoma County from now through Sunday, with 70 mile-per-hour winds expected. (Those are the ones that always cut our power, due to falling, waterlogged trees knocking down the lines). In the mountains, winds of 100 mph are predicted, along with 10+ feet of snow. Heck, we might even see snow here on Sunday, as temperatures are expected to plummet then.

So! While I certainly intend to host Storytelling Night on Friday, it appears as if I/we (Lord Maddwg, Karyn, Hunter, et. al.) may be kept offline, battling live elementals in the real world.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Just please know that if I do NOT show up, it will not be by design.

G

And I promise not to kill anymore guests and make them cry.
I feel so bad.

I

imported_Queen Mum

Stay safe to all of you on the West Coast!!

*and welcome back, Dor. We were wondering what happened to ya. Very glad you are okey ...

We have something for you, and the Y, from the Holiday events ... by Keja "Kimberly"

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya its pretty nasty over here. It was garbage can day and my cul de sac flooded. It wasnt my idea of fun to swim out and grab the neighbors and my garbage can.

But im sure it looked amusing.

D

Dor of Sonoma

*update*

Lost phone (DSL) for awhile last night, and suffered through a brownout and then a brief power outage this morning. Power and utility lines are not underground here, so falling trees and sliding cars are nuking them muchly. They just now announced that they have closed Marin County from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Sonoma County border until late tonight, due to multiple accidents and flooding. S'okay, though...no one can use the Richmond Bridge now anyway, as the 70+ mph winds caused two trucks to blow over onto their sides, and forced the closure of that bridge (among others).

Things seem alright at the moment, but it's still raining and raining (hasn't stopped since yesterday - we've had more than 4 inches at my place), so we'll see how the day progresses! :)

G

here's our update

Two brownouts this morning but no full blown power outages. Cable out for a while.
When I went to work early this morning things weren't too bad. Some down limbs along my trek. I heard on Sirius that the Bay Bridge was in touble already.
As I approached Kenwood there were three tremondous flashes in the sky, exploding transformers. After I got to work, things got much worse. Sideways rain.

Karen called me around 10 a.m. to tell me we lost a Loquat tree in the backyard. 10 minutes later she called to tell me that a neighbors tress fell and was on the power cable leading to our house. so, I began the trek back home. Hwy 12 was out as 12 and 129 were flooded near Napa blocking my path.
I took the Hwy 37/Lakeville Rd/101 route. Hwy 37 was a real interesting ride. As I crossed the bridge just outside Vallejo the semi beside me almost got blown over. I bet that truck driver wished he had spare pants! As we neared Infenion Raceway the water was lapping onto the road and the red light was out at the intersection there. Lots of downed limbs and a couple of trees on Lakeville. 101 was suprisingly empty. WOOT for me. I can imagine how it would have been if had I waited until the PM commute! EEK.
I got home and spent a couple hours cutting limbs from a tree leaning on live power lines (PG&E were too busy) in the pouring rain. YIPEE.

And that's just the first storm?

D

Dor of Sonoma

*hugs*

Great description, friend.

This day was amazingly draining, on so many levels. I just feel used-UP tonight.

My apologies to everyone who may have visited the Y earlier this eve; my connection was uncooperative, and I wasn't able to get ingame until an hour after the announced start time. Wandered around for a bit, lost conn a couple of times, and then logged out after not being able to find anyone.

Just one of those (crappy) days, I guess. I am sorry to have messed it up for anyone, and hope to do better in the future!

I

imported_Hecubus

D'oh! I did drop by for a surprise visit, but no one was there

Maybe I'll catch you guys another night.

I am Jack's bad timing.

-Hec

D

Dor of Sonoma

Doh-eth!

*hugs*

I am SO sorry to have missed you. I will go post this week's event right now :)