• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Housing/Boats Goza Mat Change

T

Tazar

Something has changed with Goza Mats in the last few publishes.

Many deeded items can no longer be placed on a goza mat removing many decorating options. Some players feel that this is only when the goza has been chopped and replaced, but from my tests it also happens with new goza mats.

One other change is that when a goza mat is chopped and redeeded - the goza mat is no longer properly labeled as a goza mat. Instead the deed will say "unknown". I am not sure if this is related to the above problem or not.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Something has changed with Goza Mats in the last few publishes.
I have confirmed this issue and submitted a problem report into the system. The decoration issue that you mentioned appears to be only occuring with the re-deeded square goza mats (the ones that are labled "unknown"). Newly crafted square goza mats can still be used for decoration purposes.

T

Tazar

I have confirmed this issue and submitted a problem report into the system. The decoration issue that you mentioned appears to be only occuring with the re-deeded square goza mats (the ones that are labled "unknown"). Newly crafted square goza mats can still be used for decoration purposes.
I can show you examples of newly crafted goza mats that also will not accept deeded items. The "Unknown" redeeded ones will not work at all - but there are other examples where it also will not work with a newly crafted goza mat. For example: I have 3 houses on Siege in Luna. One is fully decorated and the other two are in progress, but several things that I was able to do with the original house I can no longer do on the other two.

The other two are side-by-side and identical builds designed to mirror each other. I crafted goza mats and put them into position. On the western house of the two - deeded items placed fine. On the eastern house - no deeded items will place on any mats.

If you would like to see a demonstration, please feel free to PM me here - or ICQ me at 286-771-023.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
On the western house of the two - deeded items placed fine. On the eastern house - no deeded items will place on any mats.
Are you saying that similar types of goza mats allow items to be placed on top of them in one house, but not in the other house?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its the 'square goza' on the tailoring menu is the one that has the problem, these are the ones that become an 'Unknown' deed when axed. You can't place any other deeded items on these, they give you various error messages.

Both types of the 'square goza (east/south)' function normally for the floating/broken furniture and broken stair tricks.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

Are you saying that similar types of goza mats allow items to be placed on top of them in one house, but not in the other house?
Yes. I used newly crafted identical square goza mats (last one on the crafting menu) in two different houses that are side by side and they worked in one house and not the other. I tried redoing the goza's and still had no luck. I tried recustomizing and confirming a foundation change with no luck. I crafted more goza mats with no luck.

These two houses are on Siege in Luna side by side along the Northern side of town - east from the north gate if you want to look at them.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
These two houses are on Siege in Luna side by side along the Northern side of town - east from the north gate if you want to look at them.
Both houses are chock full of goza mats, which mats are you specifically speaking about?

T

Tazar

Both houses are chock full of goza mats, which mats are you specifically speaking about?
If you want to see chock full... I can show you 10x that on my Atlantic houses. *grins*

The two houses on Siege have a goza roof area. I attempted to put 3 raised garden beds on the roof of each house which would then cover the bulk of the roof. I could not place them anywhere on the roof. In the house on the west side of those two, the garden beds placed fine but the house on the east side would not let me place any of the Garden Beds anywhere on the roof. I ended up placing the garden beds on the floor below for now. I was also able to place a ladder up to the roof on the west house, but I could not on the east house. I finally reversed that idea and placed the ladder and then placed the goza by targeting myself while I was on the top of the ladder - and then lowered the goza into place to achieve the same effect.

For an example of what I tried to do here that did not work - I have another Luna House on Siege in the SW Corner of town. That was was built before the recent change to how Goza Mats work and it is built in virtually the same design rotated 90 degrees. The raised garden beds placed fine there.

T

Tazar

Try changing the ladder up to the roof into a standard ladder as opposed to a castle ladder and see if that helps.
I tried both options back when I was working with the houses and neither ladder would place on the goza mat. I was actually trying to place the garden beds before the ladder (raised goza-mats 2 notches higher to make goza stairs on the southern balcony during construction to access the roof) and the garden beds also would not place then.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I tried redoing the goza's and still had no luck.
I just checked all of the goza mats in both of your homes and they all appear to be of the broken re-deeded "unknown" mats variety. We hope to have a fix for this in the near future.

T

Tazar

I just checked all of the goza mats in both of your homes and they all appear to be of the broken re-deeded "unknown" mats variety. We hope to have a fix for this in the near future.
They are now as I tried to place and rework it with several different options. When I originally did the two houses - both were done with freshly crafted mats of the dark green bod cloth. I even tried to pull up the ones in the east house and use freshly made mats of plain cloth to place the garden beds hoping I could ctrl-shift and chop the name-bars and then raise the green mats from the floor below to get the final result right.

Hopefully the planned fix will correct all issues. Thank you for taking the time to look into it.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hopefully the planned fix will correct all issues. Thank you for taking the time to look into it.
This issue should have been resolved, if you continue to have issues with goza mats, please let us know.