• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Catskills] Governors of the Realms... an Invitation

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ IN CHARACTER EVENT ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~
The event will be held in the glorious Castle British to honor Lord British's contributions to the Britain Public Library and the establishment of the culture and class of the city. It will be held on January 31st, 2015 (BY 379) at 8 o'clock in the evening. Dinner and drinks will be served at the dinning hall and small tables and chairs will be set up in the Coronation Room, as well for more private dining.

Please create your characters ahead of time on Catskills, if you do not have one, and message us to assist you with the basics. We can certainly help fund you to get some dresses/clothes that suit the event. It is a "Black Tie" formal event.

Please remember that you MUST be in character at all times during the event.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~ CONTEST INFORMATION ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

My fellow Sosarians! Come ye, come all to the Benefactor's Dinner for the Britain Public Library and enter a special contest is being held for those of you that have a passion for the written word. The winner will be chosen by some of our very special members that have some literary weight and talent. The rewards will be a GIFT CARD provided to us by NEWEGG for $100.00 (we will need your email address) and 100 million gold for the Grand Prize winner. Second and third place winners will recieve $20 GIFT CARDS and 20 million gold each.

Here are the RULES for ENTERING:

1) Must be an original story; must be in character. No plagiarism and believe me we can check! There is a database of such that we can run it through that we have access to.

2) Must be submitted via EMAIL by either attaching it as a .DOCX/.DOC (Microsoft Word Document) or a .PDF (Adobe Portable Data File) file not later than 24 hours PRIOR to the event to [email protected]

3) Story must fit into the 20 pages of a PROVISIONER BOUGHT in-game book; cannot exceed it. Any that do will not be eligible for the contest.

4) Must come to the event and bring at least 10 copies of the book to share with other librarians of Sosaria. These are player-ran libraries so please be sure to use a "RED LEAF" on your books before submission.
http://www.uoguide.com/Red_Leaf

5) It will take us roughly two weeks to sort through the submissions and a winner will be announced here on STRATICS. The Winner will also receive an email and his/her Gift Card.

RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/387731054737609/

We hope to see you all there!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I might make a suggestion, the 20-page book really isn't enough space for a good story...neither is the 40-pager. You might want go go to the 200 page craftable book if you're looking for a good, well-rounded story. ;)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing keeping folks from donating the 200 page books because we're DEFINITELY asking folks to donate anything they want, but since that's not easily available to everyone... for the contest we're keeping it to 20 pages. Did this last year and got a lot of good short stories.

I do hope you come Dot!!! And bring some friends. ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wish I could come.... but sadly I work weekends now so... unless something falls in the tiny window I have from 3pm to 4 or 5pm CST Not likely to be able to attend.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish I could come.... but sadly I work weekends now so... unless something falls in the tiny window I have from 3pm to 4 or 5pm CST Not likely to be able to attend.
Awww Malag... so sorry!!! I'll try to make the next one on a week night. ;) I do two of these per year.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Awww Malag... so sorry!!! I'll try to make the next one on a week night. ;) I do two of these per year.
Thanks but truth is I barely have time to attend things on GL's anymore. Tuesdays are always EM nights, Wed I work, Thursday is Auction and Friday-Sunday I work. Mondays are High Council every other week and anymore it seems we are always busy with something on the opposing Monday nights. I do get home late on Wed night between 9:30 and 10.... but often no one wants to do much that late. Otherwise I'm often up all night by myself Monday-Thursday. Playing Solo... joy. :( Anyway I wouldn't worry about it.