• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Governors of Sonoma

Yuudai

Adventurer
As an active player I am clearly invested in the available town buffs on Sonoma.

I am not interested in the role playing or other events associated with the towns, aside from contributing to the treasury through quests or gold.

The problem is that buffs are changing, or towns are to poor to support the buffs they have. Why, would count them 5 cities need to have a town buff of 5 sdi? 3 cities have the 5 ssi buff? 1 has the fc1 buff, but I am afraid to put money on the stone as the last time i did the governor never activated the town buff again.

Can you all please get together on the next town meeting and come up with a plan to consolidate? Is that not part of the governors job?

As a side note I have already emailed with several other players to broadsword about the problems with the town buff system and how we think it can change.

Governors please give everyone a chance to use the town buff system!

Thank you

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think the best way to get a town buff you like, and make sure it keeps going is to run for governor at the next election. Or, I think there is 1 town without a Governor now. You could petition the King at the next Governor's meeting to be made Governor of that town, and set your buff.

The problem with each town setting a different buff is that, each of those Governor's need that particular buff. Why would a Governor put a buff on the stone he or she can't even use? Especially since in a lot of cases, the buff is kept up by the contributions coming straight out of that Governor's own pocket.

Again, the easiest thing would be to run for Governor, get elected, and set the buff to what you want.

FYI, if you can get in touch with the current Governor that has the fc1 buff, make sure they know it can be set to "auto-renew". As long as the stone has money the buff will stay up. Maybe that helps.

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
it costs 104 Million gold to run the city buff each year (2M each week), which is why some cities have turned theirs off
we have talked at previous meetings about having an auction to come up with funds for the cities (hasn't happened yet)

When I became Governor of Minoc, I was asked to change the buff to its current one
I never use it myself, but I understand that others do

Is there a particular buff that you would like to see?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Currently, Moonglow is 5% SDI. Running the trade deals will help to keep gold in the city treasury. If you run it enough to where you running 5 items per deal that 50k toward the city per run, 20 runs is half a week. 40 runs is the full two million for that city, start all your runs from your city

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it costs 104 Million gold to run the city buff each year (2M each week), which is why some cities have turned theirs off
we have talked at previous meetings about having an auction to come up with funds for the cities (hasn't happened yet)

When I became Governor of Minoc, I was asked to change the buff to its current one
I never use it myself, but I understand that others do

Is there a particular buff that you would like to see?
Can you all please get together on the next town meeting and come up with a plan to consolidate? Is that not part of the governors job?
To make sure that ALL buffs are represented?? No it isn't!

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking on behalf of Governor Clym of Clough of Skara Brae

The basic fault is the programming that gives the Governor no idea of what the citizens want, there is no way for the citizens to communicate with the Governor except for ingame conversation which we all know how hard it is to find someone when we're on.

Before the changes to the bulletin board at least a citizen could post their wants. Now we do not even have a vague idea of how many citizens want what buff except for the ones we see, so those folks are the ones who get the choice. Heck we don't even have an idea of how many citizens we actually have.

As far as I know all Governors are open to the needs of the people but if they don't know how many want what, they have no way of satisfying their majority of citizens wants.

However we do pretty much know who contributes to the city coffer because in the less visited cities it's only us as Governors and our friends or guildmates paying for the buff. If you ask for or use a buff then prepare to contribute or run trade quests to make it fair to the Governor. 2M a week adds up in a hurry to us folks who don't have megagold.

Lady Lavendar

Seasoned Veteran
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One way to help get the buff for the town that is running the buff you want is to directly help donate gold to keep that buff running. As previously stated, that amounts to 2 million gold per week. Running trade deals will help, but an awful lot of trade deals need to be run to keep the buff going. I believe one town still runs FC1, so help that Governor keep funds, if that is the buff you need.