• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Governor Meeting 8-19-17

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Governor Meeting 8-19-17​

For a few moments in time, there was talk of not having a meeting. The King was not here yet and all were in a daymare of where he may be, if he was coming, if there was a meeting at all?

It looks as if all present were to have an acute anxiety attack and it was with great relief to all there that HRM arrived.

Kimi was looking one direction when his Royal Highness appeared from another and it was when he standing next to her that she became aware that he was there.

The King did not waste a single breath and immediately went into his briefing of what was called grave news and good news.
King Blackthorn: Hail My apologies for keeping you waiting, but I have had much dire news of late and good news as well. But first, I trust all have recovered from the battle against the Soulstealer? We lost many good men and women to that beast. But I applaud the gallantry of those who stood firm against it your king, and your realm, thank you
Gov meeting 8-19-17.jpg
*looks at scroll*

I appear to have good new *coughs* I mean sad news the Blind Bard of Minoc cannot be with us this eve. He has sent a report and apologizes. It seems he is almost happy with the state of his coffers and has been doing random sprints up and down the roads to try to gain more money which brings me to the first major point of this evening. As you have no doubt heard, I have reduced taxes on trade runs. I hope this helps your towns somewhat.

However, word of this has reached the ears of various brigands and they now wish to impose their own taxation I suggest you travel well armed.

Perhaps a dragon or two?

Magichands: well we fought against minions
Sarah: aye
Magichands: so we are ready!

King Blackthorn: Indeed! What are a few brigands to the likes of you? *broad smile* You overthrew the beast's pawns, struck down its knights, and took the queen or king. Whatever that thing was. Now, there have been reports of some strange wisps about the land just one or two, here and there but I am sure you remember the last time they started to act strangely

Siege Perilous: can confirm
King Blackthorn: be on your guard. But now, to the state of the kingdom

Kimi Mori: Mlord there is such a thing of swelled heads with far to much praise, we must be watchful that we do not fall for it.
King Blackthorn: *smiles* You are quite correct but I also believe in praise where it is due
Kimi Mori: *smiles*
King Blackthorn: I know you gained experience in combat against the Soulstealer and its minions and wisdom in battle too. So, shall we begin? I have not heard from Jhelom's governor Or Magincia's If someone sees them, please remind them not to shirk their duties. Minoc's governor has sent in a report, as I said before all seems to be well in that small mining town
the elementals are behaving the rock yields good ore and the bank is more healthy than before. So, let us hear from Britain's governor

Starcon: The Britain treasury is at 15million and growing
King Blackthorn: *smiles, makes note*
Starcon: We continue with the Bardic Collegium trade deal. Seems like a few citizens have joined me in trade runs the last few days Britain has been fairly quiet
King Blackthorn: A good report. Well done, sir.
Starcon: Thank you
King Blackthorn: and now, Trinsic's fair and noble governor.
Sarah: your Grace, Everyone
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
Sarah: Lord Morgan sent word with me Magincia is doing well very prosperous. He did a few money raising projects his coffers are over flowing, New Magincia is doing great

Sarah: Now for Trinsic, We are doing great also we have 14 million in our coffers and it is growing fast we have several running trade deals the lower taxes is a great incentive
thank you, your Grace
King Blackthorn: *nods graciously*
Sarah: Everything is wonderful
King Blackthorn: Good! I had a feeling prosperity would return without those minions about!
Siege Perilous: *claps*

King Blackthorn: And now, the trustworthy and fair representative of Moonglow!
Torin: *clears throat*
Kimi Mori: *Looks out across the table, left and right* Sire, fellow governors, citizens of the land
Magichands: *claps*
Current funds in city Treasury.jpg
Kimi Mori: Currently the City is overflowing with traffic in and out. Mostly its good folk going about with the Trade missions between the cities. The current trade deal is Merchant's Association, +2 Mana Regen. Moonglow’s City Treasurer Balance is now just over 12.5 million. However, we received reports of raids, ambushes of caravans along the roads. Most are able to beat the attackers off retrieving the wares from the raids, still, others have reported losing the battle and escaping with only the shirt on the back. That is my report Sire

King Blackthorn: Thank you.
Quacklebush: arrr
King Blackthorn: The bandits on the road are bad news I will dispatch a few guards, but we have many long roads tis best if all tradesmen are well armed. Now, we seem to have many fair maidens about this eve. *smiles* Shall we hear from the governor of Skara Brae

Natalia Marais: Thank you, Your Majesty. Greetings to all. I have just returned from a long journey and learned of the help to our towns in the form of reduced taxes I am overjoyed to see some relief and hope this will encourage people to go out and do trade deals. I am also encouraged by all the good reports from other governors. Although our resources are small we are still offering our trade deal and hope to augment the coffers during this time. All else is well in Skara Brae. Thank you.

(note I strongly suggest you start at least one missions daily for the fair city Skara Brae to assist with the funds there)

King Blackthorn: I am glad to hear it. Pray, if I can be of further help, send a pigeon to the Royal coop.
SpyderBite: Good Day, Majesty, fellow council members and citizen of the lands.
King Blackthorn: and now, a thorn amidst the roses
Magichands: lol
Natalia Marais: *smiles*
SpyderBite: *snickers&
Siege Perilous: heh
Tanager: *giggle*
SpyderBite: During these dog days of summer, life has been quiet along the Vesper coast. Our fishing trade has been very busy as of late. I suspect the influx of drakes has increased demand for fresh fish. We are grateful for the welcome commerce. New trade deals have also brought many travelers to our city. So local businesses are thriving from taverns to inns and shops.

King Blackthorn: *writes: "drakes like fish?!?"*
Gov meeting 8-19-17B.jpg
SpyderBite: Nothing out of the ordinary to report this month. So, I will forfeit any remaining time I have to the Governor of Yew. *bows with a flourish*
King Blackthorn: good, good!
Lara: *raises hand*
Magichands: some kind yes... also dragon are changing lol
King Blackthorn: *double checks purse* And thus, the noble governor of Yew's report!

Suddenly there a rustle of silk clothing, a young lady stands before the Council, from her determined look on her face at Governor SpyderBite she is here with a purpose.

Lara: May I add a few words here, please? Before the governor of Yew speaks?
King Blackthorn: indeed!
Torin: *mutters*
Lara: I am here as a representative of the citizens of Vesper
Kimi Mori: humm
King Blackthorn: *raises eyebrow*
Lara: the enraged citizens of Vesper I should say
SpyderBite: *rolls eyes*
Lara: Whatever the so called governor of Vesper just told you is far from reality Vesper is NOT thriving
King Blackthorn: Oh? Pray, explain!
Lara: business is NOT good and the number of citizens is in decline
King Blackthorn: *looks sideways at Spyderbite*
Lara: Ever since he assumed governorship of Vesper the trade deal has been discontinued which lead to an enormous population drain
SpyderBite: *wags the crazy finger around*
Lara: and nothing has been done about it!
King Blackthorn: *makes notes**ponders*
Sarah: hmmm
SpyderBite: The trade deal is being renewed today as funds have finally been received
Lara: I am here to suggest the replacement of this incompetent governor
SpyderBite: *snort*
Singularity: ouch
Kimi Mori: Maid Lara if I may ask a question of you?
Lara: of course NOW he claims to do something about it
Lara: of course
SpyderBite: Your majesty, it seems our drug trade may be thriving too much,
Kimi Mori: are thy a citizen of Vesper?
Lara: I am
Carrick McGee: *snickers*
Kimi Mori: thank you
SpyderBite: *Checks for letters from Lara*
Lara: letters have been sent
SpyderBite: hmmm... I got nothing from you
King Blackthorn: I note we have a Baron of Vesper present.
Lara: complaints have been filed
SpyderBite: Mailbox is on the porch of the governor's house
Ol'Rac Nnod: aye
King Blackthorn: Perhaps Lord Ol'Rac Nood could provide some insight?
Ol'Rac Nnod: What Spyderbite says is true, our coffers were too low for a trade deal until very recently
SpyderBite: *nods*
King Blackthorn: *notes details down carefully*
Ol'Rac Nnod: other than that I am too new o' citizen to weight in further on this issue
Lara: Of course a citizen who received the title of Baron from this governor would jump to his defense
Quacklebush: haharr
SpyderBite: I might remind Lara that the governor's job is not to subsidize the coffers.. but to encourage citizens to contribute for a prospering community
Lara: the coffers have surpassed the 2 million mark weeks ago
Lara: and nothing has been done
King Blackthorn: Well, Let me suggest this: A month from now, the Royal auditor will quietly visit Vesper
SpyderBite: Sounds good to me
Lara: and while we're at it
King Blackthorn: Citizens will be questioned, but the registers will also be noted
Lara: and the same problem occurred in Jhelom
Natalia Marais: I fear it may happen in Skara
Lara: "governor" Synbad has failed to turn on the 5 hci trade deal
Natalia Marais: as I am not able to keep the coffers full by myself. I am hoping citizens of all cities will help
Lara: down with these incompetent governors I say! I rest my case...
Natalia Marais: their chosen city to gain funds.
King Blackthorn: Well, you are entitled to speak your mind but I will have our auditors confirm the facts, if you have no objection
SpyderBite: no objection here
Lara: *nods* *eyes Spyderbite*
King Blackthorn: They will visit all towns and cities in one month time
SpyderBite: if there is one thing I'm good at it, its cooking.. errr keeping the books!
Torin: shall we continue?
King Blackthorn: and report back prior to our next meeting
SpyderBite: *blows a kiss to Lara*
Ol'Rac Nnod: lol
King Blackthorn: Indeed. Now, is the governor of Yew present? *looks under chair*
Kimi Mori: yes
Niatnuom: When lol.
King Blackthorn: excellent!
Torin: Hello my King, Ladies and Lords! I still have to beg for your forgiveness, that i couldn’t attend the last meeting. My Mother-in-Law summoned me to her cavern. And I had to follow.
Comming to the reports of Yew.
SpyderBite: o_O
Torin: We have nearly 48 Million in our city treasury. - All most 2700 Trade Deals have been delivered. This years harvest is looking very well. - The Pets on our meadows, the grain, vegs and fruits are growing very well.
Torin: *Clears his throat* But there are 3 things, I would like to highlight... and I would need your support. First thing is:
King Blackthorn: *listens carefully*
Torin: Our sheeps on the meadows are getting killed from soulless people. Those conscienceless people are hiding and killing the sheeps as soon as they see them. If you just talk to them, you’ll notice them just running off.
Niatnuom: *looks around..as if he doesn’t kill sheep daily*
Torin: Its hard to catch them. - Even if you kill them, the next day there is another guy.
King Blackthorn: Soulless? Still? I had thought them all destroyed!
Ol'Rac Nnod: lolol
Torin: well they are not replying
Lara: They seem in trance...
Torin: if you talk to them. To uphold the productivity of Yew, its important, that we are stopping this robbery.
Carrick McGee: Soulless scripters more like it
King Blackthorn: Hmm.
Torin: Remember last year in October, when we were close to bring the harvest in.
Kimi Mori: Kenzie told me of this once when she went near the Yew sheep pens
Torin: And soulless people, jumped on our pumpkin fields and trample down most of our pumpkins.
SpyderBite: *nods in agreement at Carrick*
King Blackthorn: Perhaps a guard or two. Perhaps hidden beneath a disguise of wool...
Torin: So my question is: If you and your guards could watch time by time the fields ... and ban those uncontrolled people.
King Blackthorn: *makes note to write to the Pumpkin King*
Torin: My second request is: As you know my Lord. - Yew is far one of the largest city in Britannia.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Torin: We have no walls like Trinsic or Britain, where we can hide behind. We are not located on an island like Moonglow, Skara or Jhelom, ...or can close our bridges like Vesper easy. Even there are no mountains, we can hide behind like Minoc. But we are in the middle of Dungeons and hideouts. Yew is not like any other town. The Elves living beneath us. The orcs with their dungeons and forts on our borders. Believe me, its a hard work to keep the diplomatic up amongst the races. As you might know. - Some of my ancestors are elves, some are human and some are... well I can’t remember all of them. But as I still have relatives within the elves, I got rumors been told. That in the crypts in the far east of Yew. - The crypts were the Shadowlords had their base...That there has been seen some unholy shadows, some demons, may be even some dark elves. We need to figure out, what is behind the rumors. So...
SpyderBite: We can close our bridges? Cool!!
Magichands: no taxes for that spyder !
SpyderBite: bah.. *crosses closeable bridges off of infrastructure bill*
Torin: I would like to ask you if you could send an expedition to the crypts, ...that could get more information about the matters there. And report to us.
King Blackthorn: I am sure something can be arranged. Especially since the minions are no more.
Torin: Thank you. Speaking about the relatives before. I come now to my third request:
Quacklebush: arrrgh he be havin nightmares!
Torin: My King, Britannia is a far large world. - And I know you are a very busy man. But I think, its time now.... you are not getting younger. Remember, when Lord British left, we had the problem, that there was no one visible... whom we know, who was leading us through that hard times.
Torin: *Clears his throat again* So my King, I believe it is time... That thou shall not keep us in that uncertainty any longer... .. who will lead us, if there something happens once to you. Its time for you to look for a wife!
Tanager: *cough*
Torin: So we will see soon a prince or princess, who might be your successor. There are so many mighty ladies within Sosoria. For example the wealthy and elegant Lady Sarah of Trinsic.
Siege Perilous: *nods*
King Blackthorn: *wry smile*
SpyderBite: Holy shi... errr.. Sweet Christmas!
Torin: The young and beautiful Lady Natalia Marais of Skara.
Quacklebush: bahh
Torin: The strong and powerful Lady Freja of Safe Heaven
Sarah: *smiles*
Kimi Mori: *gasp*
Torin: The intelligent and elaborate Lady Hoffs of Gilfane The helpful and self-abandonment Lady Tanager of Zento. Or might you like more a merchant woman? Lady Coco of Umbra is not married till now, too? As you haven’t chosen any woman the last 20 years, I would like to offer ... myself as marriage broker to find for you an adequate woman.
Ol'Rac Nnod: Here here aye
Quacklebush: That do sound like a good gig
SpyderBite: This made my day.. XD
Tanager: *grin*
King Blackthorn: I thank you for your offer, and your concern. But, fear not. There are certain royal prophecies, which I cannot repeat here which speak of the day when the future queen of Britannia will make herself known
Quacklebush: haharr perhaps you should offer yerself to the King
Torin: *mumbles softly... my mother in law will not be happy with that*
Siege Perilous: *cackles*
King Blackthorn: But, for the moment, should I be temporarily incapacitated
Carrick McGee: Who is prophesying for the King? That crack Inu in Moonglow?
King Blackthorn: There are those trained and equipped to step in Lord Dupre, for instance
Torin: he’s old and rusty
King Blackthorn: *looks down at small mouse pretending to be a town crier*
SpyderBite: Sherry!
Torin: think about my offer...
King Blackthorn: And there are others, as well. All is well in hand. But, should all existing plans fail, I will remember your kind offer
Torin: thank you
Torin: thats all for now.. my mother in law will not be happy. *sigh*
Niatnuom: well said.
Sarah: May I have a chance to say another word
King Blackthorn: Indeed
Malo: if I may comment
Sarah: go ahead
King Blackthorn: The floor is yours
Malo: it is a bit rude for Torin to offer my wife's hand in marriage
Sarah: *smiles*
Niatnuom: LOL!!!!
Kimi Mori: ahhh
Magichands: LOL
Tanager: *giggle*
Siege Perilous: *cackles*
Quacklebush: hahaharr
SpyderBite: Awkward...
King Blackthorn: *rolls eyes* Indeed. But fear not, your good lady wife is quite safe
Malo: *glares at Torin*
Quacklebush: Arrrgh ye scallywags!!
Tanager: hah!
Quacklebush: I've come to lay me claims to the seas of Sosaria
King Blackthorn: Greetings, captain. All of them?
Siege Perilous: *gasp*
Quacklebush: I've brought a large fleet and wish to offer me services
Quacklebush: *looks down at feet*
King Blackthorn: Hmm.
Quacklebush: I know I don’t look like much now but me had boots ordered harrr
King Blackthorn: We do have a royal navy, but there is always work for privateers
Quacklebush: *nods* I am from Vesper your grace. I hear you be needin' help there. I sha'll travel me fleet there at once. Arrrgh
King Blackthorn: From time to time, we do need aid. Recently, matters have been calm
SpyderBite: We could always use help at the port with off loading and such as well as the fishing fleet
King Blackthorn: other than about Bucanneers Den
Quacklebush: *nods*
Lara: help with loading his own pockets maybe...
Quacklebush: That will be all for now yer grace
King Blackthorn: There you are! Speak with the Admiral of the Fleet, and if he has no work,
Quacklebush: I have an appointment fer new boots
King Blackthorn: seek out Governor Spyderbite
Lara: *mutters*
Quacklebush: *nods*harrr
SpyderBite: *winks at Lara*
King Blackthorn: Now, are the representatives of the newer towns here?
Gov meeting 8-19-17c.jpg
Magichands: I’m here for UWSP Town your majesty
King Blackthorn: Good, good. Do you have anything to report?
Magichands: your majesty governors first i want thank you all brave fighters
that in last battle stand between us and our enemy without minions now our life is easier
and we can rest a bit
King Blackthorn: Good! You did fend off many an attacker, I hear!
Ol'Rac Nnod: aye
Magichands: hehe yes with the help of many citizens of Sosaria
Siege Perilous: *nods*
Magichands: we killed them and we give rest also to some free soul
King Blackthorn: Good! Well done!
Magichands: second I want to thank you
Magichands: for lowering taxes this act is helping all cities and also our town because citizens
King Blackthorn: *smiles broadly*
Magichands: have more gold to spend in our shop and fighters need always new weapon and suit
so our crafter are always busy but I asked to all our town citizens to help all other cities when they have time with trade quest hoping this we'll help all our cities to grow up :)
Magichands: for the rest nothing special to report in our town thank you very much again to all

King Blackthorn: You are most welcome Do we have any representatives from other towns present? Safe Haven? Gilfane? Mother Lode? No? I must admit, I’ve not heard much from the Haven of late I hope all is well there.
Tanager: As do I
Singularity: Been quite there
Carrick McGee: May I?
Niatnuom: There were recently murderers between moongate and town
Carrick McGee: CharGar is out doing trade deals and sent me in her place.
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Carrick McGee: But, we in Gilfane would like to thank all the kind folks here and of Siege for supporting our auction for so long. It started as a way to make gold for the towns and has just prospered, thanks to the folks here and those that could not make it.
King Blackthorn: Thank you for that report!
Tanager: thank you Gilfane for sponsoring it!
Kimi Mori: *claps*
Magichands: *clap*
Ol'Rac Nnod: *claps*
SpyderBite: *claps*
Tanager: *claps*
King Blackthorn: and indeed, thank you to those who support our towns, in so many creative ways! Now, one town who has not sent a representative in a while is Bartertown.
Kimi Mori: *gasp?*
King Blackthorn: but, I have heard a rumor of a renowned scoundrel being sighted there
Tanager: *doublechecks her purse*
Gov meeting 8-19-17  Tanager outfit.jpg
King Blackthorn: I cannot say if it is true, but you may wish to keep your eyes open if you go there and a firm hand on your valuables
Kimi Mori: what was the hat you had to wear I forgotten
King Blackthorn: Hopefully tis but a rumor
Tanager: a yellow um jester hat
Ol'Rac Nnod: lol
King Blackthorn: *sighs*
Tanager: they are very observant, in barter town always finding things *cough*
King Blackthorn: now, let me open the floor to anyone who wishes to speak are there any other matters for the council? *looks around the room* well, if not, then I declare this meeting closed! *bangs royal scepter*

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Thank you for that write up. I am sorry that I was late, and unable to set up the usual gates, announcements, etc - but my client decided to go insane, and kept crashing 5 seconds after I clicked on Siege Perilous. Eventually, I had to re-install to fix the problem, which got me there about 30 seconds past the start of the meeting!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
NEWS - [uo.com] Daemon’s Crag It seems there may be an heir in the wings? Maybe?? Is the KIng to die? Not sure, will he survive? Daemon’s Crag – Ultima Online
Those waiting to do business at the West Britain bank heard a boom like thunder above them. Looking into the sky, they saw a man falling, desperately trying to cast a spell to save himself. Even though he managed to slow his fall, his body hit the ground hard enough to spook the horses tied around the bank. Those who rushed forward to help recognized the burned and broken form of their king.