• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Governor Meeting 7-15-17

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Governor Meeting 7-15-17​

Kimi made sure to arrive early for this first meeting of the new board of Governors. Some were returning some were new, one was not going to be here as no one had run for the position of Governor for the isle of Moonglow.

You see: King Blackthorn: Welcome Please be seated. *looks around* it seems we are thin on the ground this eve did the elections not go very well?
7-15-17 meeting.jpg
Natalia Marais: Spyderbite said he would be delayed but hoped to be here
Magichands: Lord Starcon sent a report because he can't be here
King Blackthorn: Ah, good. Good.
Kimi Mori: there is the spider
Magichands: *close his backpack*
Tanager: one minute late!
King Blackthorn: Ah, the loyal Spider approaches. Good *puts royal seal on purse*
Natalia Marais: Welcome
SpyderBite: Afternoon all.. sorry I'm late.
King Blackthorn: Well, I am glad that you are here. It seems many are not.
Tanager: Perhaps they are held up by minions
King Blackthorn: Too busy celebrating their successful elections, no doubt
Kimi Mori: ??
King Blackthorn: Aye, there are still those infernal minions. Let us begin, regardless the first item on the agenda is actually the minions. After we discovered their hatchery, and disabled it, their numbers fell for a while but the past few days have seen an upsurgence in numbers. I hear fresh reports of minions all over the land. I have placed a guard on the hatchery portal so that nothing can get through and in coming days, we will return there, to ensure all their equipment is destroyed. In the meantime, be especially vigilant - they can strike at any time. I have heard fresh reports of rumblings beneath Ocllo as we know, a hidden legion of the beasts was found there. It would be prudent to monitor those caverns
Magichands: yes
King Blackthorn: gone are the days when all we had to be concerned with were smugglers
Blind Otto: aye!!
King Blackthorn: There have also been reports of differently hued minions about the land ones with different powers and traits as I said, be vigilant. Now, to slightly happier matters. Later this eve, I believe that the young archaeologist's apprentice will be guiding you on another expedition. As ever, if you are of a mind to donate anything you find to the town coffers, that would be appreciated. I have heard that the towns are struggling slightly less now, but we will wait for governor's reports to confirm that I have also had reports of strange happenings out at sea normally, reports of sunken pirate ships would be a cause for rejoicing but this time, not so it seems that any sea-faring craft is under threat great krakens have arisen, as well as several Scalis
Magichands: ouch
King Blackthorn: so, if you venture out to sea, or even near the shores, be especially wary. I also remind you that the crown is holding a fishing contest running all month there are two categories - a specific fish, and the largest "big fish" I wish all our fishermen good fortune! Especially those brave enough to set up camp in the labyrinth Now, to the matter of our governors. I had hoped to see more faces here tonight.
Blind Otto: so did I, but life happens
King Blackthorn: *glances at the blind man, and sighs* in any event, congratulations to those who were re-elected and to those who hold their positions for the first time. I would now hear your reports. As Jhelom's governor is absent and so is New Magincia's governor we will move on to Minoc's governor. Please, brief, unaccompanied reports.
Blind Otto: *puts lute away* *looks sad* Sire! I bring good news!
King Blackthorn: *smiles*
Blind Otto: Minoc's coffers are doing well the recent release of your exotic creatures worked well indeed many donated riches found on the beasts and, while I was imprisoned in my office for a while, I would say the entire endeavor was a success so thank you sire I will be able to run the town's trade deal for a while yet. In other news, the local tavern has been serving a new form of rot gut. I really do recommend you drop by and try it sometime soon
King Blackthorn: *raises eyebrow* hmm. Perhaps I will send the royal taster along.
Blind Otto: excellent, sire! that is my report!
King Blackthorn: thank you
Magichands: *claps*
King Blackthorn: Now, Britain's governor has not graced us with his presence, so, let us more on to the fair governor of Trinsic. A Trinsic Rose, if you will. *smiles*
Sarah: *smiles* Trinsic is doing great. I have found ways to raise money for our coffers. I am doing spawns, put up a vendor, everyone is pitching in and buying the scrolls.
King Blackthorn: excellent work!
Sarah: I do have a suggestion, one night
King Blackthorn: aye?
Sarah: One night three of us Sara Dale Becca and I ran trade deals until we made 2 million for the coffer in one night. It was great I wondered if we could make a town a week or something, name a night that we all do a run or two for a certain town just a thought but Trinsic is great a little crumbly but great.
King Blackthorn: excellent news! good work!
Sarah: Governor of Yew asked me to let you know He had a family issue and had to travel to far lands.
King Blackthorn: Ah. Thank you for bearing the message
7-15-17 meeting1.jpg
There was a little confusion over the appearance of a thief, yes I know there are no thieves on Siege. The individual soon found himself on the front steps, guards blocking his return.

King Blackthorn: consistent attempts to steal will be treated the same way as attempts to fight. but all bans will be lifted after any meetings I trust that is clear? King Blackthorn: *sigh* Now, it seems we are missing Moonglow's governor so let us more on to the fair governor of Skara Brae

Natalia Marais: Hello
King Blackthorn: greetings
Blind Otto: *waves*
Natalia Marais: I am happy to be here for another term and glad to see my fellow governors and Your Highness as well as everyone who has come. I am inspired hearing that Minoc and Trinsic coffers are doing better. I fear Skara is not doing so well in spite of efforts to replenish coffers we will be running out of funds this month
King Blackthorn: *makes note*
Natalia Marais: If we do the trade deal will be suspended I know some have been contributing, and for that I thank you. Other than the lack of funds, the city is doing well. Thank you.
Tanager: aha perhaps Skara is next fundraiser then
Natalia Marais: It would be appreciated.
King Blackthorn: By all means. Let us discuss this in the coming week. I am sure we can find a way to boost your town's funds. Now, let us hear from the loyal and trustworthy governor of Vesper!
SpyderBite: trustworthy.. heh.. how cheeky ;(
King Blackthorn: *raises eyebrow*
SpyderBite: It has been very quiet in Vesper since the elections. But this time of year, many of our citizens travel elsewhere to escape the southern heat and relax. moment.. if you will. I have been up to my ears attempting to repair the economy in Vesper. Seems somebody with light hands has been liberating goods and gold from visitors over the past year. We can not have such behaivor in our city. *cheshire grin*
King Blackthorn: *makes notes*
SpyderBite: Once we have the books in order; I think we will be on a course towards a solid budget. So I have been quite busy. This may be why you might not have heard from me much lately. This is a very busy time of the year for me. In Vesper and in the Mundane Lands. That is all. I look forward to a prosperous year for all our fine cities.
King Blackthorn: *nods appreciatively*
SpyderBite: Thank you.
Tanager: *waves to Calandra*
King Blackthorn: thank you!
SpyderBite: *bows with a flourish*
King Blackthorn: I hear good things about your management of Vesper!
Calandra: *Smiles to Tanager*
SpyderBite: *grins*
King Blackthorn: Mostly from someone called "Mandolin". He speaks very highly of you.
Kimi Mori: She
Magichands: lol
SpyderBite: hehe
King Blackthorn: Ah. It was hard to tell from the penmanship
Kimi Mori: she would speak highly of the spider
SpyderBite: never heard of her.. ;)
King Blackthorn: Now, last but not least, let us hear from the governor for Jhelom, then we will move on to the outlying towns
Synbad: Hello All
King Blackthorn: Welcome, Lord Synbad
Synbad: Thank You. I am currently building up the city treasury of Jhelom
King Blackthorn: *nods* how goes that?
Synbad: the funds were low... so I have temporarily turned off trade deal to rebuild
King Blackthorn: *nods* a sound tactic
Synbad: it is going well... steady. I plan on building up to 10 million and turn it back on currently it is at 8.3 million so soon I should have it back on.
King Blackthorn: *nods* good. You do not want to put undue strain on the coffers that sounds like a wise approach.
Synbad: thank you
King Blackthorn: Now, I believe congratulations are in order the town of UWSP was officially recognised this month which means that they are permitted a representative on the council
Magichands: *smiles* thank you your majesty
SpyderBite: Well deserved!
Natalia Marais: *claps*
Calandra: *Claps*
Sarah: *claps*
Synbad: yes nice town
Blind Otto: *cheers loudly*
Tanager: *claps
King Blackthorn: Sir Magichands, I assume you will represent your town tonight?
Magichands: yes citizens at the moment want me as their governor
King Blackthorn: *hands official key to the washroom across the table*
Tanager: *gigglesnort*
King Blackthorn: Do you have a report on the state of your town?
Magichands: yes your majesty
King Blackthorn: Well done. Let us hear it
Magichands: life in our town is going well our town is growing new citizens join us some very good and other a less good but at the moment everything is going well except for one thing
King Blackthorn: *listens intently*
Magichands: As your majesty knows lately we had a problem with some strange creatures coming from another plan we had a fight with them and with the help of many braves citizens of Sosaria we won the fight.
King Blackthorn: I hope none of your citizens were seriously harmed?
Magichands: no we were lucky
Tanager: *checks bandage*
King Blackthorn: Well done. Well done indeed!
Magichands: minions trained us very well :p
King Blackthorn: Ah. I am glad they are good for something, at least!
Magichands: heheh yes but we found a book that scared a bit me and all other fighters. I bring with me a copy for your majesty and for all governors.
King Blackthorn: Oh? Perhaps the Royal mystics should take a look at this book. Good, good. Thank you for your forethought. hmm
most troubling.
Magichands: as you can read it seems find an ally in minion's lord so maybe it's better keep open eyes
King Blackthorn: So, it sought to infect the water ways?
Sarah: [hmmm
King Blackthorn: You did well in stopping it the kingdom owes you its thanks!
Magichands: He was looking for a powerful book but we hidden it and so now we are safe.
King Blackthorn: Well done! Most capable!
Tanager: perhaps it is related to the current assault on the oceans
Magichands: I hope these informations will help your majesty and all governorns
King Blackthorn: Possibly. We have ongoing reports of some dissidents stirring up trouble it is possible that they are linked.
King Blackthorn: so, you have my thanks
Tanager: Or perhaps just taking advantage of the situation
Magichands: always at your order
King Blackthorn: An excellent start for your new town!
Magichands: your majesty we are always glad to help you thank you all
King Blackthorn: thank you!
SpyderBite: *claps*
Tanager: *claps*
Blind Otto: *applauds*
Blind Otto: well done!
Tanager: and grats on Township :)
Sarah: thank you
King Blackthorn: indeed
Magichands: thank you very much
Natalia Marais: *claps*
Magichands: but without the helps of brave citizens we could't do that
King Blackthorn: Now, are there any other matters for the council? Or do any of the citizens have any matters to bring before the crown or the governors?
King Blackthorn: Yes, citizen?
Kimi Mori: Hail
King Blackthorn: Greetings
Kimi Mori: Hail Sire there is no Governor for the isle of Moonglow. And I ask that I be named for that office
King Blackthorn: *nods*
Kimi Mori: I meet all the requirements for said office and seek your approval for it.
King Blackthorn: *looks around* I have no objections. What say the governors?
SpyderBite: I have no problem with that
Blind Otto: Aye!
Synbad: Aye you have my vote
Natalia Marais: I think that would be a good solution. We don't want an empty seat
King Blackthorn: Very well. I will have my Royal Scribe arrange an appropriate time, and you will be contacted to set all things in order.
Kimi Mori: thank you
Sarah: *claps*
Magichands: *claps*
Tanager: *claps*
King Blackthorn: congratulations, and thank you for stepping forward
Synbad: congrats
Blind Otto: *claps*
SpyderBite: *claps*
Sarah: well done
King Blackthorn: Given how busy I hear this evening will be, you will probably be contacted after sun-up but my scribe will arrange matters.
7-15-17 meeting2.jpg
King Blackthorn: Are there any other matters that anyone wishes to bring to our attention? *bangs table with royal gavel* Thank you all for coming
Magichands: thank you your majesty !
King Blackthorn: and I hope you find the evening's festivities and activities fruitful. *royal wave*

Thus ends this meeting of the Governors.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There were just enough attendees for a game of Spades...what a missed opportunity.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
There was a few more there but they were in hiding due to the thief making his rounds when I took that snap. As for missed opportunities, there is to be no combat or stealing during the meetings, something the King was quite clear about yesterday and before. There is alway the other events where one can do as they wish, take the boat race, for example, four teams started, two finished, and there were no attacks from other players boats. Not a single PvP out there, I assume they lack the sea legs for such a trip.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well Gosh DL, you're special arent ya ? We need a holiday commemorating this day ! Make it so Ra...errrrr your majesty.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
@GarthGrey Well, I did post them a small as I could here, sorry if they seem to JUMP out at you when you click on them, maybe they wanted to GRAB YOUR attention. Nothing to really say here, I was checking stock on the vendors when there came a knock at my door, and there was the King. So what do you do when the King knocks on your door? Invite him in of course. We may small chat and of course, the course of our chat was steered toward the Governorship of Moonglow, Kimi then tried to open a gate, but VvV was in Progress so HRM opens a gate. Kimi steps in and we are at the stone, HRM then does his little business at the stone, Kimi then click on it, accepting the office, done deal.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
current city balance.jpg

My thanks to whoever is also running missions. Only 7.6mil to go. I will be running a couple more in the morning.