• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got the new Triton this morn..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is a diff damage non mount CU with lot of room for op combos like chiv ai fw
The basic AI Chiv does the most damage. If you want the Triton to do less damage you can add stuff. So we now have the ability to make a pet with lower damage than we have. But they look cooler in the Lore screen!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I just got high seas Wednesday night. I love my necromage spider so I took him out with me. At one point I had 2 non-scuttled pirate ships near me and the spider was teleporting back and forth between those 2 ships killing orcs. I was afraid I wasn't going to get him back! Sadly, they don't teleport onto beacons where it would actually be helpful.

A few things I found out since getting high seas:
-Pets (and players) with magics can cast spells on beacon lighthouses. Yesterday I came across a ship with a few people spamming flamestrike on it-no cannons used to destroy it as far as I could tell.
-I was on my orc ship and put the discord mastery spell Travesty on the light house, cannon damage was 2,000 with regular cannon balls, not sure if that was extra damage or what, needs more testing? I cast corpse skin on it but it didn't seem to have any effect. I was on a guildies orc ship and he was hitting the light house for around 7,500+-not sure how, a bunch of us asked him but he wouldn't tell us or didn't know. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if his pet discorded it-not sure if that's possible. Not sure if other spells like curse would have any effect on it. (let me know if you know any other ways to increase cannon damage)
-Anyone that takes a cannon shot at the light house gets the mythical cargo. There are people in my guild with many alt accounts so they may get 70k+ doubloons off each beacon. Whenever someone in my guild has a beacon ready to go we all recall/gate to their ship and take a free shot.

Please let me know if you have any more tips.
I'll have to run some more tests. My discord tamer can't really do beacons, he can't take out the orcs with discord or spellweaving, or it would take forever. Sadly, he can't discord the pirates either. I had to bring out my necromage tamer to deal with the beacon orcs. I've found if I take out a pirate ship I get about enough cannon materials to do another pirate ship and a beacon with an orc ship. Trying to find the way to do the most damage to make the cannon materials last.

Is this event with cargo turn-ins permanent or will they discontinue it like Kaldun?
Welcome to High Seas finally :p

So just a few notes -- you can definitely destroy a beacon without cannons if there are enough of you to cast flamestrikes on it, Plunder Beacons have just over 65,000 hit points.

If you are looking to save resources, here is how you can increase your damage:
- Evil Omen the Plunderbeacon before firing your cannon (make sure no one else eats the Omen proc with a spell though)
- Bard Provoke mastery song 'Inspire' works with cannons against plunderbeacons. Inspire + Orc Ship = 7500 damage per shot. Add in Evil Omen for even higher numbers.

No one knows for sure the duration of the Plunderbeacons, the devs haven't given a definitive answer. They may go away once pub 105 hits, or they may be around for the entirety of the high seas content (so the rest of the year).

I don't see the plunderbeacons being permanent unfortunately, but I'm hoping the lesser Maritime Cargo Crates are permanent from pirate ships, as it is a fantastic alternative method to fund city coffers.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Welcome to High Seas finally :p

So just a few notes -- you can definitely destroy a beacon without cannons if there are enough of you to cast flamestrikes on it, Plunder Beacons have just over 65,000 hit points.

If you are looking to save resources, here is how you can increase your damage:
- Evil Omen the Plunderbeacon before firing your cannon (make sure no one else eats the Omen proc with a spell though)
- Bard Provoke mastery song 'Inspire' works with cannons against plunderbeacons. Inspire + Orc Ship = 7500 damage per shot. Add in Evil Omen for even higher numbers.

No one knows for sure the duration of the Plunderbeacons, the devs haven't given a definitive answer. They may go away once pub 105 hits, or they may be around for the entirety of the high seas content (so the rest of the year).

I don't see the plunderbeacons being permanent unfortunately, but I'm hoping the lesser Maritime Cargo Crates are permanent from pirate ships, as it is a fantastic alternative method to fund city coffers.
I'll have to try out Evil Omen since I usually take out lighthouses with my necromage tamer. My bard has provoke on a stone-maybe that's what my guildmate was using.

So the beacons may end, but pirate/merchant ships will still be around? I'm hoping it goes through the end of the year at least.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
You get a crate for each person there. If you have more than 1 account just let them all shoot the cannon once or twice and party for the songs.

Or if someone else does not have a bard toon go with them. You have to figure out which song to sing. I am sworn to secrecy. It is defiantly worth their time to have you along.
We all look up to you @Pawain for wisdom and helpful tips..Soooo no more with secrecy!
So what bard song is best for these beakons?

**Light on face, hands tighed, sitting on chair, sweat dripping from face*
**Fess up, sire, NOW or else**
**Ooos, he swallowed a cyanide molar pill**:devil:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
We all look up to you @Pawain for wisdom and helpful tips..Soooo no more with secrecy!

Khyro just posted it above. It's provoke mastery Inspire. Necro spell Evil Omen also increases damage.

Effort

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The basic AI Chiv does the most damage. If you want the Triton to do less damage you can add stuff. So we now have the ability to make a pet with lower damage than we have. But they look cooler in the Lore screen!
I want to put discord on mine, spec me the best tanky discord Triton build please!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to put discord on mine, spec me the best tanky discord Triton build please!
Simple. If you want to have it just as a resist dropper use conductive blast and discord.
Personally I would add AI.
Either way it will help you.

Follow the guide on the cah site for the base build. Resists, regen, 700 strength, mana. You won't need more than 5 or 10 stam regen. Max base damage last round.

Any triton can make that build.

Find one and put stats in the calculator then go to the planner and save the blank planner and copy the link so we can see it and give some builds.

If you find a really good one you may want a different build on it.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Well, its really the ispire song from provo. Sadly, I got so frustrated with raising it, and deleted the skill from the stone a while ago lol. Sooooooo Slooooow to raise..