• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got the new Triton this morn..

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
New triton i got started at 625ish HP , 150 stam, 190ish dex at 2 slots and 122.5 wrestle and 163.9 resist magic. - starts off Bonded! Trained it up to 3 slots at Crazed Mage - and dex changed to 202. I added HPR20 so far, str upped to 238, HP to 655. then i put in stable. Now what do I do if I want a chiv/ai/exp goo - what should I add now? Many thanks! Fyi - my 2nd tamer got a 117 wrestle 160ish resist triton - so it is a dice roll. But only 130K doubloons!

SouthPaw

Lore Master
New triton i got started at 625ish HP , 150 stam, 190ish dex at 2 slots and 122.5 wrestle and 163.9 resist magic. - starts off Bonded! Trained it up to 3 slots at Crazed Mage - and dex changed to 202. I added HPR20 so far, str upped to 238, HP to 655. then i put in stable. Now what do I do if I want a chiv/ai/exp goo - what should I add now? Many thanks! Fyi - my 2nd tamer got a 117 wrestle 160ish resist triton - so it is a dice roll. But only 130K doubloons!
That's a nice Triton! You need to set resists, recommend max physical and fire resist. Regens 20HP/5Stam/30Mana. Max Strength. When you begin to add abilities add Goo first, then AI, and Chiv last. At the end you'll need to save about 400 Training points to fully 120 scroll it.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You mean 140K doubloons, right?

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im pretty happy about the price too but intensity can vary too much so i would have honestly prefered fixed stats and a much higher price

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Im pretty happy about the price too but intensity can vary too much so i would have honestly prefered fixed stats and a much higher price
I was just thinking about that too. Strength in particular has a pretty wide range, also wrestling and resist, as people have pointed out. 1 may be cheap, but to get a good one you either have to get a bunch of them and so the cost goes up, or just get very lucky.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To get a really beastly one you will have to farm a lot or be very very very lucky. If RNG God is against you it can become something super expensive. This pet is kinda tricky so it's true that a low intensity makes a stunning Chiv/Ai but by the other hand it seems to me that the juicy one needs to have some serious extra balls..... ;)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Somebody please pop a few on TC wearing a luck suit. Gotta try.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm actually glad they didn't the approach that everyone gets the same stat pet; that would be boring and seems too millennial to me where everyone gets a trophy for participating.

I think they got this right for once. I also think that WORST case scenario you have a pet that is equivalent to an ugly looking Cu but better case is you have many more options to make a powerful pet.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I think the Triton is what is going to force me to get High Seas. Well played marketing team...well played.

I'll be very happy if I can get one with 75% plus intensity and >120 wrestling. Not sure what the odds of that are.

OT: I seriously question if luck helps with anything in this game. None of my characters have a luck suit and my treasure chests and Shadowguard drops seem to be pretty much the same as those that have a crazy high luck suit. I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I popped ten, five were under 120.

Other five were 120.1 thru 130.

The 130 one, if I were to train it, could look like this even at 53.13% intensity:

Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

Don't know if I should train it, or sell it. It would take me years to get the other 120's most likely. Am bad with gold :(

First one I am training is a 67.43% with 199 dex and 126.2 wrestling. Ya all will think I am nuts, but gave it spellweaving and will be adding frenzied whirlwind.

Also have a 76.34% with 124.5 wrestle and 75.60% at 120.1 and 47.75% at 129.3 wrestle (this last one has nice dex of 185 though)

SouthPaw

Lore Master

The 130 one, if I were to train it, could look like this even at 53.13% intensity:

Don't know if I should train it, or sell it. It would take me years to get the other 120's most likely. Am bad with gold :(

First one I am training is a 67.43% with 199 dex and 126.2 wrestling. Ya all will think I am nuts, but gave it spellweaving and will be adding frenzied whirlwind.

Also have a 76.34% with 124.5 wrestle and 75.60% at 120.1 and 47.75% at 129.3 wrestle (this last one has nice dex of 185 though)
Woa! You got some really nice ones. Personally I would keep the 130 wrestling one, that's got to be pretty rare. That being said I imagine it would fetch a pretty penny.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Strictly out of curiosity...... what would a pet like that go for?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am bad with gold, pricing, and selling and anything like that. I am an adventurer with big holes in my pockets.

If 130 is really rare, and there is interest, would sell it to highest bidder.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keep than all. I made stable slots last week. I will give away any that I do not want to other players as needed. We just got 2 returners on LS. This is a perfect pet to make more tamer Addicts.

I think that so many players earned Doubloons. There will be many 130 wrestling high % Tritons found. I hope a few by me!

The value will be determined by how many are for sale immediately. I need three before I sell any. :)

Turkish

Journeyman
Can we have a competition for the worst triton? Mine was 115 wrestle and about 36 intensity. Unfortunately, I only have enough doubloons for one, haha.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can earn the doubloons in a few days.

Keep them all and run them thru the calculator then planner. They will all build a great pet.

They skill 100% on a Dread Pirate. You are on the Seas keep doing what you have been doing.

Turkish

Journeyman
You can earn the doubloons in a few days.

Keep them all and run them thru the calculator then planner. They will all build a great pet.

They skill 100% on a Dread Pirate. You are on the Seas keep doing what you have been doing.
I got another one today, 82% intensity (!) but still just 119.7 wrestling. I was hoping to get overcapped wrestling, but all the other stats are quite good, so I may scroll this one up but keep trying for that overcapped wrestle

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got another one today, 82% intensity (!) but still just 119.7 wrestling. I was hoping to get overcapped wrestling, but all the other stats are quite good, so I may scroll this one up but keep trying for that overcapped wrestle
I'm looking for a 120 or above that is high % with over 220 strength.

I think it would make a great high mana ai/chiv pet.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm looking for a 120 or above that is high % with over 220 strength.

I think it would make a great high mana ai/chiv pet.
I have one that is 82% intensity which includes 129.7 wrestling & 249 str (if I remember correctly) which I'm debating on builds for it since it does seem pretty rare. I definitely don't want to mess it up by making a build that I could also make with a lower intensity pet.

I would love to get your thoughts on the best build for my pet. I don't think I'll ever use my tamer to do champ spawns so I don't know if I really want to go FWW route. That being the case what do you think I should do? Chiv/AI/Conductive blast with 750hp and like 1000 mana (ballpark)?

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im not the most experienced tamer around here so im not gonna discuss about technicisms but my impression is that we'll keep seeing the same old builds, exception made for some tanky ones. The reason is that even if we had a gazilion points to spend over our pets they will end up being bloated and not effective. What we really need is a revamp of the useless skills and a significant improvement of the AI which takes care of spells rotation. I would have loved to see something new but tritons convinced me once for all that we don't need new pets, we need variety and it can be achieved only with an array of working skills that we don't have at the moment. Just my 2 cents, no harm intended hehehehe ;)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Im not the most experienced tamer around here so im not gonna discuss about technicisms but my impression is that we'll keep seeing the same old builds, exception made for some tanky ones. The reason is that even if we had a gazilion points to spend over our pets they will end up being bloated and not effective. What we really need is a revamp of the useless skills and a significant improvement of the AI which takes care of spells rotation. I would have loved to see something new but tritons convinced me once for all that we don't need new pets, we need variety and it can be achieved only with an array of working skills that we don't have at the moment. Just my 2 cents, no harm intended hehehehe ;)
I'd agree and disagree. I would disagree on not needing new pets just from the standpoint of a pets damage type / fame level / innate abilities etc. I think that conductive blast synergizes with a triton because of 50% energy damage which is something you couldn't pair with chiv on a cu. Also something like a Naja is great for poisoning and going that route whereas a Cu never would do well here. Lastly some skills just won't fit due to the pre-loaded abilities (nightmare and dragon breath). I think it would be easier to create new pets with a variety damages / skills to allow us to achieve things like that (example: frost dragon / frost drakes) when we are looking to have a pet specifically for a certain fight.

I do agree with maybe a revamp on useless skills to help do this but lets be honest we as players have several useless skills that should be revamped before pets so I think a new pet is an easier fix.

That said (and @Pawain please feel free to offer guidance) I think the new Triton has the ability to create an interesting build but I don't know if it would be effective. I think a very good concept is the Chiv/AI/Conductive Blast build which makes sense that lots of damage would come from Chiv EoO & AI and regular hits would then be compliments with the conductive blast + 50% energy damage. I'm wondering if there might be other builds though. Like how about instead of Chiv we did wrestling mastery with KO (for a player it's 100% DI for PvM I believe at level 3)? Would that essentially double my damage on every single hit and then only use mana on AI / conductive blast ? That seems like that would be nice way to go since it's not always predictable how pets will use Chiv spells.

There are other abilities that could possibly be put on these things too like bladeweave which would include AI but I think that would defeat the purpose of my logic above where spells/moves are more predictable.

Thoughts anyone?

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Problem with CB is that it has been ninja nerfed while ago, if im correct it lasts <2 sec and uses a nice amount of mana, that's why its not used in any Chiv/Ai template as far as i know. Im pretty sure it would fit in any decent intensity cu sidhe build but at what pros?

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Am training up one now to be a 4 slot with only armor ignore so I can be mobile on my ethy for when I just want a diversion that cannot be dispelled whilst I blast monsters with my slayer books.

Tried 4 slots before on Najas and Vollems, but this Triton I think will work much better for what I have in mind.

Love the high wrestling/resist/dex and self healing.

Thinking it will look something like this:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We do need new pets, more synergizing abilities and specific damage types. Problem certain people's triton builds is they are not synergizing and actually working against other abilities the pet has. Less is generally more unless more adds to what you are trying to accomplish.

We actually have quite a few builds we have not posted that are quite exceptional. Why? Because we take time to detail things out so what we put forth are actual good pets.

I think that conductive blast synergizes with a triton because of 50% energy damage which is something you couldn't pair with chiv on a cu.
You can get conductive blast on a cu.

I think the new Triton has the ability to create an interesting build but I don't know if it would be effective. I think a very good concept is the Chiv/AI/Conductive Blast build which makes sense that lots of damage would come from Chiv EoO & AI and regular hits would then be compliments with the conductive blast + 50% energy damage. I'm wondering if there might be other builds though. Like how about instead of Chiv we did wrestling mastery with KO (for a player it's 100% DI for PvM I believe at level 3)? Would that essentially double my damage on every single hit and then only use mana on AI / conductive blast ? That seems like that would be nice way to go since it's not always predictable how pets will use Chiv spells.
problem is, adding conductive blast with ai cuts down on how much both abilities are used. It has terrible synergy overall.

Wrestling mastery cannot get AI. It also doesn't work the same way as the player mastery. We have tested it extensively and even mobs with low resist it still cannot compete against chivalry.

Bladeweave, also, is pretty terrible for efficiency.

There are really fantastic and synergistic builds for the Triton, depending on playstyle.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think i didnt express correctly, sometimes its not easy to be perfectly on point using a non native language :) @Khaelor your sentence "more synergizing abilities and specific damage types" better synthesize what was in mind. I do know i lack the knowledge to be more specific but this is my feeling. In the actual scenario despite of the number of pets or skills the viable templates are litterally too few

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We do need new pets, more synergizing abilities and specific damage types. Problem certain people's triton builds is they are not synergizing and actually working against other abilities the pet has. Less is generally more unless more adds to what you are trying to accomplish.

We actually have quite a few builds we have not posted that are quite exceptional. Why? Because we take time to detail things out so what we put forth are actual good pets.

You can get conductive blast on a cu.

problem is, adding conductive blast with ai cuts down on how much both abilities are used. It has terrible synergy overall.

Wrestling mastery cannot get AI. It also doesn't work the same way as the player mastery. We have tested it extensively and even mobs with low resist it still cannot compete against chivalry.

Bladeweave, also, is pretty terrible for efficiency.

There are really fantastic and synergistic builds for the Triton, depending on playstyle.
Thanks for the response and helpful info! I'm curious though what you mean by "adding conductive blast with ai cuts down on how much both abilities are used.". Do you mean that neither one trigger as much (ie. the pet has mana just sitting there not being used) or that neither one trigger as much individually as they would if you only have like AI (like a 50/50 split on usage but uses all available mana)?

Also could you confirm if what Pseudo said is accurate that the conductive blast only sticks less than 2seconds?

On last thing, could you give your opinion on what the top synergistic build is for the Triton since you debunked my wrestling mastery and kind of put a damper on the conductive blast idea? Chiv/AI & Disco/AI seem like they are just duplicate builds of the current Cu's so I'm looking for something different and hopefully even more powerful.

Thanks!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the response and helpful info! I'm curious though what you mean by "adding conductive blast with ai cuts down on how much both abilities are used.". Do you mean that neither one trigger as much (ie. the pet has mana just sitting there not being used) or that neither one trigger as much individually as they would if you only have like AI (like a 50/50 split on usage but uses all available mana)?

We call it "Ability Bloat". It is when a pet has so many abilities/magicals that it will often not cast what you want it to cast, when you want it to cast. Since we cannot control when and what a pet casts, you have to rely on the RNG factor. Pet abilities get put into an array of abilities the pet knows. To be very simple, an RNG check goes out which basically says "Is the pet going to use an ability?". If yes, it picks a random ability from the array of abilities it has learned.

When a pet has a lot of abilities, it often won't cast what you are hoping it will cast.

Also could you confirm if what Pseudo said is accurate that the conductive blast only sticks less than 2seconds?
Conductive blast lasts for 4 seconds: Foundations: Pet Ability Breakdown | uo-cah.com

It lasts long enough for a pet to attack 3 times while the enemy is under the effects of the resistance debuff (assuming max swing speed, and the pet not missing a hit).

On last thing, could you give your opinion on what the top synergistic build is for the Triton since you debunked my wrestling mastery and kind of put a damper on the conductive blast idea? Chiv/AI & Disco/AI seem like they are just duplicate builds of the current Cu's so I'm looking for something different and hopefully even more powerful.

Thanks!
Synergy is about how different abilities work together. You want a pet to specialize on something and have good ability synergy.

For Example: AI and CB do not compliment each other. One debuffs the target's Energy resists, the other ignores all resists completely. If your pet lands a CB, then casts 2 AI's afterwards, the CB is essentially wasted.

Chiv/CB have an OK synergy. Chiv will increase the pets overall damage with abilities, and CB will reduce the target's resists. However if the base damage of your pet isn't high energy damage, then it then again defeats the purpose of CB, because you aren't benefiting from it.

Discord/CB have great synergy. Both serve the same purpose -- to weaken the target. Adding AI to the mix is counter-productive (for the same reasons as AI/CB above).

CB/AP have good synergy together. CB to reduce the resist of the target, and AP to increase all damage done to it even further.

Those are just a few examples of build synergy.

You then have to think about ability use. If you give your pet ONLY CB, then it will ONLY cast CB, creating a very high uptime on the effect. If you add another ability to the pet, it's resources are now split between the two abilities, so your uptime on CB will be lower. This is why Disco/CB work together so well, because once Disco lands, the pet is no longer trying to cast it.

There are a lot of builds out there that aren't plain Chiv/AI that can be very useful.

I have a Poisoning, RC, AI, Goo Fire Beetle. I haven't used it in over a year probably. I instead now have a plain RC Fire Beetle, and an RC/AP Fire Beetle that I switch between. The ability bloat of the first beetle was just too high, causing it to have a very poor uptime on RC (probably one of the most useful abilities in the game).

If we could toggle abilities on and off and tell our pets what to use and when, it would be a different story. But we can't, so we have to try and improve efficiency wherever possible.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you @Khaelor for sheding a light on CB, dunno where but im sure i've read that it's timer had been nerfed. In any case pointless to put in a Chiv/Ai build. Im glad to know that you guys are about to share some new builds and i have faith that you all will do a great job ;) About beetles i have to say that mine with Rc/Ai/Poisoning works like a charm and i litterally love him, nothing compared to my beastly PPWW but still awesome pet!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would love to get your thoughts on the best build for my pet. I don't think I'll ever use my tamer to do champ spawns so I don't know if I really want to go FWW route. That being the case what do you think I should do? Chiv/AI/Conductive blast with 750hp and like 1000 mana (ballpark)?
Specifically talking about the Triton.

Single tamer single target: Tamer doing nothing but healing.

We have one general best build for a single target with this pet. AI/Chiv. Keep the pet at high hitpoints to reduce stamina loss. Unless your toon has discord or bard songs, you are not going to synergize with it and increase the pets damage.
The Triton is a great pet for this player!

Tamer also doing damage with weapon:

My Archer Tamer has Chiv and slayer bows for any mob that has a slayer. My Archer will out damage the pet on everything I have fought. The 250 arrow damages really suck the stamina out of a target so they lose stamina and swing slower and you may hit while they were deciding to swing and they change their mind about the attack.

Magery, Weaving, Mystic:

You can buff your pet heal your pet and help damage the target. Spells also make the target lose stamina and debuff the pet.
Finish the battle at the end with WoD.

Necromancy:

I do not have that on a tamer but looking at all the spells, I see none that will reduce the Physical or Energy Resistance of a target.
But the player can deal damage to the target as above.

Conductive Blast Nerf:

It lasted longer for less than a month. It was great when it lasted longer but some players were killing spawns too quickly when Cus and Reptalons were together. There was also an issue where two Reptalons on a target would keep the target paralyzed and the power gamers were doing the spawns too quickly so the Devs used a large Nerf Stick instead of looking deeper. Most of the Ninja Nerfs were caused by players who took synergy to the extreme. IMO @PlayerSkillFTW needs nerfed. He is OP.

Conductive Blast now:

It reduces the Energy resist of the target for 4 seconds. It would work great on a pet that only does normal melee damage. It would do more damage over time at a noticable rate. (no 100% energy damage pets can get it)
The problem with Chiv and CB is that the pet does other damages also. Consecrate uses the lowest resist so if CB were on with it, it would do more damage if the energy resist was made the lowest. (if another resist is always lower then CB does not matter)
AI does not care what the resists are. It does its 90% of max. So CB is wasted mana during AI.

So, with AI, Chiv, CB only is doing more damage during melee attacks. And if the timing is off then it does nothing but use mana.

Does AI/Chiv/CB work?

Yes it does. If I take my Cu to a High HP Mob and put My AI/Chiv/CB Cu on that Mob it will not have a large difference in the time it takes to kill that Mob with my AI/Chiv Cu. (most time differences are from slight resist difference in 2 mobs)
A Cu uses those abilities just like this Triton.

I use actual Pets and Mobs in the game with a timer to test my pets. I do not care what amount of damage each hit does.
If I have these 2 pets side by side on an Allosaurus and one takes 10 min to kill and the other takes 10 min 20 seconds to kill, They are equal. 1 difference in resist or one Mob losing stamina faster will cause more time difference than the AI/CB vs AI/non. I have White Cu with AI/CB/Chiv. I have a Black Cu with AI/Chiv. Identical in build except HP. Ill time them on any Mob that I can get to and time them if anyone wants to dispute.

Personally I read about the abilities and test them out on built pets and targets in UO. Need I link you to my Cu page where each color Cu has a different build? I have tested most. I don't put crap on pets. Except during the Armor Pierce fad.

All that said, it is sad that the best single target build for a Triton will be AI/Chiv.

When I find a good one I will make it AI/CB/Chiv. Because I have those two identical Cus one with and one without and they kill at the same rate.

My play style:

I fit the LS tamer community very well. We like to get together and go kill stuff. We do not care if it takes 10 minutes or 12 minutes to kill that Mob. Most of us have weaving so we use that at the end but we don't always use other spells unless we are at an Event type Mob. Krampus, Khal, EM event where we want to get a drop or do as many as possible before the month runs out.

At most spawns one of the party will fall asleep or have to go Pee. Two or more pets will be attacking each other, or you will see a party msg that Pete was killed by Pete or Petes pet, Fluffy. we are more about fun than efficiency.

We would rather have fun than cut 5 minutes off a 30 minute play time by trying to synergize our experience.

So if you are ok with that Allosaurus taking 10 seconds longer to kill or Navrey taking 2 minutes longer to kill alone with no player damage and no rocks then you would fit the LS Vibe.

A few Builds that I have tried, will try, think will work.

Built and used:

Feint/AI/Chivalry:

It was aggroged by travesty last night for most of the fight. I ran consume for 3 periods of 10 to 20 seconds. The HP went up like a rocket and I would do it again at 50% pet HP.
I do not know if the low damage taken was from the Feint or the basic Triton.
I have never used Feint, I think it is stupid because my Cus are already tanks. But I might enjoy a tanking pet on my archer since he has no Vet or GHeals. Only Consume that lasts 2 mins without his bow making more mana.
I have a feeling the Ks do not like this build.

My play style says use good abilities and hope the pet uses them when they should and not worry about what happens when they dont.

Will build:

AI/CB/Chiv ---- It will kill stuff and there are always 2 Cus at a fight on LS so they will hit a Melee attack or 2 during that 4 seconds. Will use on main tamer that does things alone or in small or large groups. My Cu with this build got a drop at the last EM event on LS.

AI/Chiv ----- Best single target killer. Will be on my second tamer. Great Roof pet.

AI/FWW/Chiv ---- I can build it so I will. I have 2 candidate Tritons that can have the full build with >127 Wrestling.
Personally I am sure there is a place for this Build. I did not find it on TC and @PlayerSkillFTW is not very impressed with it.
(if it were spectacular we would have seen it on Reptalons)

Hopefully someone will come up with situations where this build will shine!
I think it is cool.

Other Builds I think will work:

AI/Discord ------- It will Discord stuff and all Tritons can be beefy. I dont make pets without AI. (personal preference)
This one would be a good one for CB IMO.

AI/ Any other magic besides magery ---- will kill stuff.
A rock throwing Garden Slug!

A 4 slot AI/Chiv --- So you can show off your Rainbow Unicorn!

Poison ---- maybe, we have poison pets now.

I don't care about support pets. My pets kill stuff so that is support to a NOOB.

Any build Triton and a RC Beetle will make a good pair. Throw in Discord and Bard songs and you are gold!

Sorry, other than adding some neat things to an AI/Chiv build, I cant think of anything else. Mortal Strike is cool but does not produce higher damage over time.

As far as other synergy: Have you seen those videos @Khyro made? Dude has cast a spell and recovered faster than I can push a button. Ill leave the exceptional synergizing to them. I can't physically do some of the things they do. But we need players that understand the game mechanics to give us guidance. Then we can choose. Maybe we want to see cool animations at the cost of a 10% delay in kill time.

Thanks for time to skill my Triton:
upload_2019-5-3_16-25-10.png

I Hate Skilling!

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Pawain - EXCELLENT write up! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the in depth detail. I mostly play solo so it looks like the Chiv/AI route really will be the best route to go for me... I have a CU that has the same build but at least my Triton will have 129 wrestle to help hit more / get hit less

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pawain - EXCELLENT write up! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for all the in depth detail. I mostly play solo so it looks like the Chiv/AI route really will be the best route to go for me... I have a CU that has the same build but at least my Triton will have 129 wrestle to help hit more / get hit less
I really do not want to talk you out of Conductive Blast!

Also, find two tamers or other type players and go do a spawn! Start at oaks Or pull up a Valor or the other Ilsh random spawn.
You are missing a lot of FUN! Then advance to Fel. Pets fighting and turning grey is a blast!

Fun and a Gold Fountain!

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Moral of the story: any pet can kill things. Some specs will kill faster than others. Some specs will trade solo tamer efficiency for group support, i.e. doing less damage with your pet in order to allow every other player/pet doing the content with you to do much more damage (Example, do a Scalis hunt without anyone bringing Discord/RC to the fight, then do another one with Disco/RC... night and day)

You can still use a Greater Dragon now if you want, it will kill things, but there are ways to kill faster.

There is no right or wrong pet spec. There are some universal truths to pet building (such as 150 stamina is better than non-150 stamina. Maxed base damage makes a huge damage difference vs non-maxed base damage. Mana Regeneration rate is more important than the size of your mana pool. etc.)

Chiv/AI is the highest single-target damage a pet can accomplish, this is a well tested and proven spec. If you do not want a Chiv/AI pet, you don't have to have one.

Make pets that you have fun with. If you don't care about min/max then don't worry about it. If you want to min/max, the information on how to do that is out there.

I have a stable full of Dread Spiders, ranging from Necromage to Bushido. I enjoy using them and they can kill things quite well. I understand they will not kill single targets faster than Chiv/AI, but I am OK with that when I decide to use them.

We have a tamer in our alliance right now that is making various 3-slot pets and taking them to content for fun. Just the other week their 3-slot walrus was tanking Travesty without any problems. Mr Jiggly Wiggly was a big hit that day.

If you want to make a Poisoning, Force of Nature, Essence of Disease, Tail Swipe Triton... go for it! No one is stopping you, and if you have fun with it that's all that really matters, it's just a game after all. I'm sure it will kill things eventually.

However, some people have a limited amount of time to play, so it would make sense for them to want to build a pet that kills things faster.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
However, some people have a limited amount of time to play, so it would make sense for them to want to build a pet that kills things faster.
Yes and they can easily make those with many pet types.

We can finally have some variation. But You did not make the pet AI, I did not make the Pet AI. We are lucky we have what we have.

I build em and hope the RNG will do the abilities and attacks in the most beneficial manner a few times a minute.

You cant compare some of them with others. CB and Feint are not the same as Tail Swipe or Sticky Skin.

It is all about FUN!

Feint may be. Im not into that one yet.

PageBoy

Journeyman
imho, triton is too much op… I've trained a mediocre 60% intensity one and it's devastating…. can't imagine what a high intensity one can do…

def too many training points avaiable, should spawn 3 slot

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi all,

Do all the points have to be used on each level? Or can you save them for the next level? Thank you in advance for your answer. I love reading all the comments and builds here in order to learn. Thank you for that too.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You must to spend all the points each steps in order to advance being the last one the exception of course ;)

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Moral of the story: any pet can kill things. Some specs will kill faster than others. Some specs will trade solo tamer efficiency for group support, i.e. doing less damage with your pet in order to allow every other player/pet doing the content with you to do much more damage (Example, do a Scalis hunt without anyone bringing Discord/RC to the fight, then do another one with Disco/RC... night and day)

You can still use a Greater Dragon now if you want, it will kill things, but there are ways to kill faster.

There is no right or wrong pet spec. There are some universal truths to pet building (such as 150 stamina is better than non-150 stamina. Maxed base damage makes a huge damage difference vs non-maxed base damage. Mana Regeneration rate is more important than the size of your mana pool. etc.)

Chiv/AI is the highest single-target damage a pet can accomplish, this is a well tested and proven spec. If you do not want a Chiv/AI pet, you don't have to have one.

Make pets that you have fun with. If you don't care about min/max then don't worry about it. If you want to min/max, the information on how to do that is out there.

I have a stable full of Dread Spiders, ranging from Necromage to Bushido. I enjoy using them and they can kill things quite well. I understand they will not kill single targets faster than Chiv/AI, but I am OK with that when I decide to use them.

We have a tamer in our alliance right now that is making various 3-slot pets and taking them to content for fun. Just the other week their 3-slot walrus was tanking Travesty without any problems. Mr Jiggly Wiggly was a big hit that day.

If you want to make a Poisoning, Force of Nature, Essence of Disease, Tail Swipe Triton... go for it! No one is stopping you, and if you have fun with it that's all that really matters, it's just a game after all. I'm sure it will kill things eventually.

I just got high seas Wednesday night. I love my necromage spider so I took him out with me. At one point I had 2 non-scuttled pirate ships near me and the spider was teleporting back and forth between those 2 ships killing orcs. I was afraid I wasn't going to get him back! Sadly, they don't teleport onto beacons where it would actually be helpful.

A few things I found out since getting high seas:
-Pets (and players) with magics can cast spells on beacon lighthouses. Yesterday I came across a ship with a few people spamming flamestrike on it-no cannons used to destroy it as far as I could tell.
-I was on my orc ship and put the discord mastery spell Travesty on the light house, cannon damage was 2,000 with regular cannon balls, not sure if that was extra damage or what, needs more testing? I cast corpse skin on it but it didn't seem to have any effect. I was on a guildies orc ship and he was hitting the light house for around 7,500+-not sure how, a bunch of us asked him but he wouldn't tell us or didn't know. Now that I think about it, I'm wondering if his pet discorded it-not sure if that's possible. Not sure if other spells like curse would have any effect on it. (let me know if you know any other ways to increase cannon damage)
-Anyone that takes a cannon shot at the light house gets the mythical cargo. There are people in my guild with many alt accounts so they may get 70k+ doubloons off each beacon. Whenever someone in my guild has a beacon ready to go we all recall/gate to their ship and take a free shot.

Please let me know if you have any more tips.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please let me know if you have any more tips.
Beacons are immune to Lightning. Bard songs work. Corpse skin works on beacons. The cannonballs are fire damage I think.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
imho, triton is too much op… I've trained a mediocre 60% intensity one and it's devastating…. can't imagine what a high intensity one can do…

def too many training points avaiable, should spawn 3 slot
The same thing. We always put the damage stats at max. Its a diff damage non mount Cu. With a 3% HCI if you get a 130% wrestling.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Beacons are immune to Lightning. Bard songs work. Corpse skin works on beacons. The cannonballs are fire damage I think.
I wasn't sure if cannon balls do fire or physical damage. What does the fire ball do? I have a couple, but haven't used them yet.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They say they are all the same damage so I keep them as deco.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I'll have to run some more tests. My discord tamer can't really do beacons, he can't take out the orcs with discord or spellweaving, or it would take forever. Sadly, he can't discord the pirates either. I had to bring out my necromage tamer to deal with the beacon orcs. I've found if I take out a pirate ship I get about enough cannon materials to do another pirate ship and a beacon with an orc ship. Trying to find the way to do the most damage to make the cannon materials last.

Is this event with cargo turn-ins permanent or will they discontinue it like Kaldun?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You get a crate for each person there. If you have more than 1 account just let them all shoot the cannon once or twice and party for the songs.

Or if someone else does not have a bard toon go with them. You have to figure out which song to sing. I am sworn to secrecy. It is defiantly worth their time to have you along.