• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Got a super dragon...as a gift.

G

Im relatively new to taming (but have been in UO on and off for 128 months now). I ran into a guy that had tamed several dragons that day and had 1 too many for his stable so he gave me one. Im so new to taming I really dont know a good pet from a bad pet but this one looks pretty decent. Id like to share the stats after tame (no training done yet) and get some input on it. Would appreciate it

Hits: 927
Stam: 50
Mana: 668
Str: 605
Dex: 50
Int: 668

Wrestling: 98.8
Tactics: 82.7
Resist: 84.8
Anat: 0.0
Magery: 118.6
Eval: 44.3
Meditation: 13.0

Resists: 69/70/47/56/58

Any feedback appreciated.

Thank you!

R

Revertex

Hi Kenelm, welcome to taming. Its fun, I'm sure you'll love it

That drag's not too bad as a freebie. Hits're not too bad and int/mana is good. Assuming its had no training at all, wrestle will go up to a bit under 125, but tactics and magic resist will be a bit low (multiply them by 1.25 to get your final skill score, I think).
However, if you want a good keeper you'll need one with better phys and fire resist - you can go up to 85 and 90 respectively with those. Better energy resist would be nice, too.
That said, it'll still beat a lot of what's out there so there no need to instantly dump him for being rubbish!

G

Oh I am loving taming. With soulstones i cant pick a template
. Working up peace/discord/eval int/resist/magery/med and will play around a bit. Only can afford 110 scrolls so im 110 taming/lore/vet (well 88 taming plus jewelry

Thanks for the input on the dragon. He didnt look super good but he didnt look like a throw back for my first one. I think ill enjoy training him a bit.

Now where did I put that Sphynx rune..

I

imported_revenant2

The anatomy at 0.0 is proof that it's a fresh tame. Even killing a single drake on the way out of the dungeon will bump that anatomy up from 0.

G

I'd say it's middlin'.

It's got super magery, and will have very good wrestling when trained. The other skills are average.

The hits are average. The resists are pretty low.

It will still be good, particularly for pvp, but personally, I'd go look for another couple.