• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goodbye all

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well after 20 odd years I have finally closed all accounts, transferred/sold my Castles and packed over 9000 items.

Has been fun, but given 5 yrs ago New Legacy was 'coming soon' the fact it is still not 'live' makes me thankful I didn't hold my breath! That was one of the reasons I quit playing 2 yrs back as I was sick to death of the same rinse repeat invasions 'of the (insert name here)' Krampus, trick or treat, artisan festival the list goes on. Most were fun the first, second and maybe third times round but after 10 yrs NOT SO MUCH. All dev effort seemed to be going to a shard that for those in my part of world will find really difficult to play on given lag so I had zero interest in that not to mention I don't do GOING BACKWARDS which is what this retrograde shard seems to be. For those of you into it I wish you good times, but it is not for me.

I haven't played much in the past two yrs anyways, as moved house real life to Canberra, the capital of Australia, and have been super busy doing lot more real life stuff going to galleries, theatre, markets, exhibitions and even teaching myself mosaics. I have also been playing 7 days to die (7dtd), which is coming out of Alpha 21 around 21st of June (version 1) so lots of new stuff happening there, and for $35 ONE time payment is much better value at that! (although the price goes up once it leaves Alpha in a week or so! but not for those already playing). It has been fun playing a game where bugs get fixed instantly and the developers take the time to really interact with the player base, plus which has a solid modding community and the ability for players to customise their game to how they want it, either solo, team or multiplayer servers both PVE and PVP.

Oh and btw, still waiting for my prize for winning the 16th anniversary Cultural Centre design, Mesanna was supposed to build it on Atlantic but yet again, never happened, I think 'coming soon' doesn't even apply any more. Apparently she found it too hard to build so gave up.

But anyways I had fun and met tons of great people some who progressed to real life meet ups who I will remain in touch with. The money runs out on all my accounts by 30 June, although all are now officially closed. Oh and NONE of places will be going IDOC accept one on Siege, figured I would let them fight over the meagre spoils in that one lot lol.

Have fun all.

regards

MissE1.jpg

MissE xxx

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to see you go. I wish you all the best!

mihali

Sage
GL to you, and also wish you the best.
Also I wonder if you played the old version of client in UO?

I agree things get to be rote in a 23 year old game, and memories and all reminiscing is fine and dandy, but same old same old can wear you down. You found a shoot them up nice game with good team of Devs
Lots of us do not like the shoot them up games, and there are lots of them, but are more into the medieval - fantasy MMORG.

Ergo: I discovered a new game that now to my opinion has awesome modifiable graphics, and great functional (finally!!) macros, decent content, and also good bunch (mostly) of folks!

Name of the game? UO with enhanced client!! Shockingly! :)

It escaped my radar for years, and shrouded by all the negative comments about it and its graphics etc. It is a completely new game for me, and things work, like targeting, auto-targeting and 100's more upgrades to the vintage CC.
It added a little more complexity in terms of learning set up macros etc. but was worth it massively. If you delve back to UO as EJ or F2P sometime, try EC also. You may be surprised.
GL to you and I hope all is well.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hope you Find good days ahead, Take care and be well ;)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@mihali, think I know a bit about the EC seeing as I wrote one of the initial guides for it back when it was first implemented which I wrote when it was in closed beta :) Prior to that I used the 3d client and then used the KR client (which I also wrote a guide for when it was on UOwiki and then UOGuide). The ONLY time I played the classic client was between the KR client and the EC as we were given no choice. The EC came with the Sygian Abyss and was referred to as the SA client back then and then had a reiteration as the EC later on (can't remember but there was a bit of a revamp) so the original Enhanced Client changed a little bit (slight graphic on the UI, map waypoints, minor tweaking etc) even so the majority of it is still as it was back then SA Client. As you see not much has changed, so that is just another reason to leave, that was written in 2009, 15 years ago, so you would think by now we would of had lots and lots of improvements to it but as with all things UO it seems it stagnates never to be looked at again.

Btw 7dtd is NOT a shoot em up game. I would say it is more scavenging, character development, base building, questing, crafting, game. You kill zombies, instead of dragons etc but certainly nothing like a shoot em up. You start naked and need to gather resources to to be able to build a base or convert an existing dwelling into some kind of structure to defend yourself and keep you safe before the first blood moon hits and the zombies intensify. It gets harder as the game progresses with zombies also getting harder. As for base building it is one of the BEST construction games I have ever played and the possibilities are endless. There are certainly some really creative people out there building some fantastic bases and horde bases. The pics below are some of my earlier efforts, as you see you also need to farm to feed yourself :) So no, not a shoot em up, although that can be a part of it if you want it to be.

Cheers MissE.

Base West Genezozi crossroad 3.jpg farm.jpg

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hasta luego.
Safe travels and enjoy the next step of your adventures.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Having made a similar decision recently, I completely understand where you are coming from. Take care and good luck. I'm sure certain cheerleaders will be along shortly to explain how its not UO but your expectations that are the problem.

mihali

Sage
@mihali, think I know a bit about the EC seeing as I wrote one of the initial guides for it back when it was first implemented which I wrote when it was in closed beta :) Prior to that I used the 3d client and then used the KR client (which I also wrote a guide for when it was on UOwiki and then UOGuide). The ONLY time I played the classic client was between the KR client and the EC as we were given no choice. The EC came with the Sygian Abyss and was referred to as the SA client back then and then had a reiteration as the EC later on (can't remember but there was a bit of a revamp) so the original Enhanced Client changed a little bit (slight graphic on the UI, map waypoints, minor tweaking etc) even so the majority of it is still as it was back then SA Client. As you see not much has changed, so that is just another reason to leave, that was written in 2009, 15 years ago, so you would think by now we would of had lots and lots of improvements to it but as with all things UO it seems it stagnates never to be looked at again.

Btw 7dtd is NOT a shoot em up game. I would say it is more scavenging, character development, base building, questing, crafting, game. You kill zombies, instead of dragons etc but certainly nothing like a shoot em up. You start naked and need to gather resources to to be able to build a base or convert an existing dwelling into some kind of structure to defend yourself and keep you safe before the first blood moon hits and the zombies intensify. It gets harder as the game progresses with zombies also getting harder. As for base building it is one of the BEST construction games I have ever played and the possibilities are endless. There are certainly some really creative people out there building some fantastic bases and horde bases. The pics below are some of my earlier efforts, as you see you also need to farm to feed yourself :) So no, not a shoot em up, although that can be a part of it if you want it to be.

Cheers MissE.

View attachment 154936 View attachment 154937
Appreciate the info!
I just scratched the surface with EC not long ago, and I am all excited about it as you suspect. For me it is with beautiful functionality, and graphics not to my dislike, including spell animations etc.
By the way I am still earning about it. I still need to learn a lot, including using agents, and sorting container contents etc. If you are aware of some decent resources I would really appreciate it. So far I have had to just play around trial and error with commands = ec macros etc, and it has been mindblowing to see the results. In summary it feels like I have been playing UO with my hands tighed behind my back for years. With EC easements and perks things are a lot different. Its a new game for me!
Ty in advance and GL to you!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very sad to see you leave, fair winds and following seas.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I left several months ago and have been hanging here a bit. Accounts are EJ now, but I have no wish to re-sub or even log in.

Best of wishes for your future. It's amazing how much stuff is in the RL when you look! <chuckle>

Demios

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't forget you can always try freeshards, there's a lot out there, some are professionally run with more systems and features than official.
I stopped playing sometime back and didn't really have any interest as I run a 32 inch monitor and the 2D client is freaking tiny on that.
But then I came across the ClassicUO client, why Broadsword can't make clients like this I'll never know, you can do so much with it that you can't do on the official client, like huge resolutions and zoom levels.
And it has that smooth motion stuff, so everything is fluid, was a bit strange at first, but it's nice when you get used to it.

Attachments

mihali

Sage
Hav
Don't forget you can always try freeshards, there's a lot out there, some are professionally run with more systems and features than official.
I stopped playing sometime back and didn't really have any interest as I run a 32 inch monitor and the 2D client is freaking tiny on that.
But then I came across the ClassicUO client, why Broadsword can't make clients like this I'll never know, you can do so much with it that you can't do on the official client, like huge resolutions and zoom levels.
And it has that smooth motion stuff, so everything is fluid, was a bit strange at first, but it's nice when you get used to it.
Have you tried EC with CC imaging for characters?

Maith Ceol

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran

Cheers MissE.

View attachment 154936 View attachment 154937
I'm a big digger in 7dtd. I tried building UP for the zombie attack but no matter how high I went, they still took me out. So, I dig all the way down and trap the path LOL. I also like to dig my way around town and trap those tunnels LOL!