• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Skills/Abilities to go with Chivalry on a Lesser Hiryu?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to build a unique type of lesser hiryu. My first ability i put on it was Chivalry. What other skills and abilities would go good on this creature?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When something needs to be killed right now. I go grab this bird.

upload_2017-8-18_14-36-52.png

Made this last week. Might be good for trade orders at sea.

upload_2017-8-18_14-30-56.png

I have one in all the magics. They all work great.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have to ask Don. I just kill stuff and dont care about the numbers.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I picked Chivalry before Armor Ignore in the 2nd slot training & I couldn't get AI .. another trash pet

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I picked Chivalry before Armor Ignore in the 2nd slot training & I couldn't get AI .. another trash pet
Ya I saw your original post said you picked Chiv first. Everything else should have gone away at that point.

Have to choose from the bottom up. A Cu can get an area and a special to go with the Magic.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, found another lesser hiryu to train. Just leveled him up for the first time. Order of operation: Resists 1st, Armor Ignore 2nd, Chivalry 3rd & what was left into HP and Mana.

With this one, I feel im off to a good start :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I got him to 150 Stamina and Dexterity both !!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Put mana regen to max. I still dont put points in stamina and HP regen, unless I have some to spare.

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening all... remember when making any type of hiryu.. you must always follow this order.. special move then school of magic.. right now there is a bug where it counts the school of magic toward the three move limit.. so if ya add it first on hiryu's ya loose the option for another move.... there are many fine builds for the hiryu..if its chiv you are going with make sure to give it at least 9 stam reg.. this counters the recoil effect of ene of one at higher levels when spike happens..and will keep its melee swing speed at max... I like seeing people trying new builds so I was watching from the side line abit.... remember thoughwhen ti comes to hiryus unless your tamer is a bard its normally best to go with 20 HP reg (at least 9 stam reg if its chiv) and 30 mana reg... . I look forward to see yours builds mate... =^-^=

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
One of his questions was whether Cons weapon chiv, grasping claw and AI stack : I think they do stack the higher the chiv the larger the damage.. Donavon what you think?

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes, Con weapon, Grasping Claw, and most debuffing moves effects chiv buffs and in term effects the damage it gives armor ignore too.. But the better damage this brings to the table is not seen until about 110.5, then again at 115.5 and finally 120... each 5 .5 points past GM chiv adds about 5-8% damage to the pet as a whole.. If you take a look at my study of the chiv lesser higher in " New Changes and stats" you will see I made an outline for the damage it does as it has normal unbuffed damage( its very rare to see a chiv pet with a debuff moves doing this), and then times when 1-3 debuff/buff moves are rolling.. Sadly some of the better moves that use to truly sing with chiv got a hard duration nerf to them(I mean special moves that cost 100 points to add not moves in the chiv UI these durations are base on the pets chiv skill)... but a few have made it this far with lil to no nerfs to them... I delight in players trying new combos... Grasping claw is a grand move... as it not only lowers the reisit but also lowers the attack of what ever you are fighting.. The debuffing combos and buffing combo for chiv are very powerful.. but not just for armor ignore but for buffed melee damage too.. as on a less hiryu alone you will see many times when its normal melee swings are doing the same damage as( if not more damage) Then most pets(without chiv) armor ignore .. which makes for some great sustained damage,.. I enjoy seeing new people trying new combos, and delight in seeing new pets/ combos come about.. So Im not going to overly talk about some of the better combos... I look forward to seeing what all of ya come up with.. =^-^=

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
On certain pets you can make a sim combo... not whirl windattack and the bush UI pets though... as training chiv would removed the sam UI and visa versa.... but if you do it in the right order you can use its cousin frez whirl along with passive ninja.. then chiv... sadly some pets like cu's have it set where if ya pick armor ignore, you cant pick frez, and the other way around too.. but for the pets that you can use both on.. you can as long as ya use this order.. armor ignore, frez whir(this will cost you 500 points),then chiv it will fix.. and you will keep the chiv ui and the passive ninja skill will keep gaining too.. One of my friends did a test on goo, frez whirl, Chiv cu... it had to be a 4.3 or better cu to pull the spec off for the massive amount of points it required.... but it had very strong aoe and single target because of ene of one empowering the frez whirl... sadly that build cant use ai.....well hope this helped mate... =^-^=

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So basically for new tamers any conversation about 120 and 115 powerscrolls on pets is really useless, and also for most of us mediocre and not so rich tamers also...What reality bis though is that NO you do NOT need to scroll a per with 120 and 115 scrolls to kame them enjoyable/useful, and that yes there are actually lots of pets that you can use very successfully unscrolled. Just keep a few points available for if and when when you actually somehow get the powescrolls. PLUS with the state of flux the taming system is in now most of us would hesitate to cash out on scrolling pets with 120 PS. (We cannot even afford PS for ouselves to be 120, as we also have RL obligations, and do not spend 24/7 on Fel spawns, and do not think right to spend $$200 USD per pet for PS). Just Boosting the resists ans stats alone makes for a pet that has never existed before in UO. SOOO : Dont feel bad if you dont have the 120 PS -- Just go ahead and have fun!!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So basically for new tamers any conversation about 120 and 115 powerscrolls on pets is really useless, and also for most of us mediocre and not so rich tamers also...What reality bis though is that NO you do NOT need to scroll a per with 120 and 115 scrolls to kame them enjoyable/useful, and that yes there are actually lots of pets that you can use very successfully unscrolled. Just keep a few points available for if and when when you actually somehow get the powescrolls. PLUS with the state of flux the taming system is in now most of us would hesitate to cash out on scrolling pets with 120 PS. (We cannot even afford PS for ouselves to be 120, as we also have RL obligations, and do not spend 24/7 on Fel spawns, and do not think right to spend $$200 USD per pet for PS). Just Boosting the resists ans stats alone makes for a pet that has never existed before in UO. SOOO : Dont feel bad if you dont have the 120 PS -- Just go ahead and have fun!!

You should use a wrestling power scroll at the very least, if you cannot afford 120, then a 110 or 115.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should use a wrestling power scroll at the very least, if you cannot afford 120, then a 110 or 115.
Confirm, we have a returning player that only had 110, 105s. Their pet does well at spawns she gets looting rights. There old giant beetle that was used for crafting. Now it holds gold after the spawn.

If you are trying to solo everything you will take longer. In a group smaller scrolls work fine.

The halloween event will be great for all pets.

You can make a new pet when you get 120s.