• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Morning Catskills 22 Jan 2009

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*TW rises earlier than normal trying to spy MR French preparing breakfast.*

*As the he eases the door open slowly the lanterns magically, light to display platters of hot food and crafts of steaming coffee and coco*

* Steak, sausage, bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, grits, cereal and toast all perfectly prepared....TW eases into his chair thinking aloud and muttering, there is something strange here.*

Good morning Catskills today is Thursday the 22nd of January. The storms seems to have broken finally here, the weather seems milder. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Remember karma exists and what you give you get back ten fold.....good or bad! :scholar:

A

Arch Magus

Good morning from Chessy.:D

Almost off work in about 1/2 hour, can't wait to get home and play some Ultima Online.

You guys having bad storms as of late?

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning Magus...SW Ontario has been hit with bitter cold and ample snow for a week or so now.

Back for the last 15-20 years or so we have had pretty mild winters...but the last couple have reminded us what winter was like when I was a kid 40 years ago.

The Eastern US has seen snow as far south as Raleigh/Charlotte NC.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I blame global warming.

LOL the weather man can't tell me what the weather will be like next week with any degree of accuracy. Yet he expects us to believe what he says the weather was like 1 million years ago, and what it will be in a few hundred years....

The earth could truly be warming, or we could be plummeting into an ice age. With the amount of data they have at this point it is pure speculation either way.

If these same experts were around 1000 years ago they would be insisting the earth is flat and is in fact the center of the universe!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If these same experts were around 1000 years ago they would be insisting the earth is flat and is in fact the center of the universe!
Awww you mean it's not? I wont fall over the edge when I take my poker cruise this summer? :D

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Morning everyone.

It's been a snowy one on the east coast lately. My brother lives down in Charlotte NC and he called me the other day to let me know he got the day off because of snow. Being a native New Yorker, enough snow to barely make a foot print was nothing for him, but he thought it was hilarious watching all the southerners going crazy and acting like it was the end of the world. He got up, got ready for work and drove all the way in to find the entire building was locked up and deserted. He called me on his way back home laughing about pickup trucks that were off the road because the drivers had no idea how to dive in a tiny bit of snow.

My area (just a few minutes south of Lake Ontario) has been pretty clean lately. It's been the kind of cold that makes your nose freeze shut if you inhale too deep but, thankfully, no more of the white stuff has fallen for a few days now.

Let's hope it holds. I've got a trip planned for this weekend.