• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Good Morning Catskills 16 Feb 09

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy President Day to my American friends!

Happy Family Day to some of us in Canada!

What ever reason you may be off, enjoy!

Today is Monday February 16 2009 Catskills!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not off, but did have a fun weekend.

Enjoy your free day free-day-people.

C

Corvak

I hope the people who get family day off fall on a knife and die of tetanus.

- Corvak, from Nova Scotia. At work.

(not that i'm bitter or anything. Damn corporate lobbyists.)

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corvak be glad you are working. I am off today not because its presidents day here in the states, but because the corporation I work for is struggling to stay open. With the recession that has hit the states many companies have gone down to three or four workday weeks to save money. The funny thing is my company is part of Citigroup Inc. who was rescued in November 2008 in a massive bailout by the U.S. government. I wonder how many bonuses the executives got with that money?

I digress though.. So good morning everyone :) Did everyone have fun last night?

C

Corvak

I hear ya Vallend. I was laid off in December until about mid-January. Though the company I work for gets work about 6-8 months ahead, so we're still working through contracts signed before October. Seeing as we're probably getting a lot of layoffs later this year, I'm going back to school for a bit.

It just bugs me that we don't get it off because a bunch of overpaid lobbyists complained to the government. (but that leads to a whole other rant).

edit: hey black sun, what's up?

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hey everybody. Black Sun, if it makes you feel any better, I too am living in a fog lately. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have a head cold to blame it on!

I'm loving having today off though, I have to admit. I'm just being a total bum today before back to work tomorrow.

S

Sarain

I wish I had the day off, but I did have quite a bit of fun this weekend so I suppose today will just have to make up for all those good times. Regardless, I hope everyone has a good day and if you need any humor in your life, there's always search engines. Or Despair, Inc for a little demotivation.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, I was happy to have work. The economy has been very slow...I can't remember the last time I got a 40 hour week in. This week hopefully will break that trend. I was very happy to work today. :)