• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

good morning 4/15 abm

G

breakfast tea and coffee are served. anyone who has not done there taxes better get to them and fast. not sure if we can do this without getting it off trake but without comment or why who would you vote for for president of the 3 remaining . john mccain for me

I

imported_onthefifty

just coffee here.

your 4m/15 tax deadline made me laugh. our guild just allied with another guild who has a fel yew house. last nite i log into vent and i hear one of there guild leaders talking about donating and 4m/15 being the deadline. i thought he was talking about ira contributions. he wasn't. he was talking about a guild rule that u have to donate supplies to the gate guild house in order to have access to the chests for bandies, pots, etc. so the other guy says, ''oh, how much do i have to donate?'' the leader goes, ''well you can donate 100-200 k, but the average donation is 1 million gold!!'' the other guy goes ''per month???'' ''Yeah, per month''. silence on the vent till another guy goes ''well i'll make a donation... heres 10,000 gold.'' silence on the line... i couldn't stop laughing.

1 million gold? i mean how much pvp would u need to do at the gate to get your money's worth?... i felt like saying, well i charge 20,000k for a rez

hope it made u guys laugh.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
=) Its good night for me. Just got off work.. was gonna do a lil homework n run to the store.. im addicted to grapefruit..

As far as the presidential candidates go... I dont vote. Im not going to elaborate much for the sake of the thread.. lets just say i dont agree or support. Im a lover, not a fighter.

" Hope lies in the smoldering rubble of empires."

C

Connor_Graham

*orders up the usual coffee*

Good McMorning all.

I don't have to file taxes anymore, and have actually only paid taxes once, and even then it was only $9.00. Funny that I was only 16 at the time too and actually made enough that year working on the various school vacations to earn enough to actually have to pay taxes.

I did have to file a return this year though in order to get the economic boost payment that we'll all be getting soon. Was easy to do though. Just went to the IRS site, used the free software, input a few figures, and within 5 minutes the taxes were done. According to the info they released, I should get my check on May 9th, which also happens to be my birthday. It'll be the first time Uncle Sam has ever given me a birthday present.

G

Well, that's pretty awesome Connor! Can't beat getting at least a little of our money back. I just wish they would start paying interest on what they borrow all year...

Good Morning, Woody! *orders up a Hazelnut Coffee*

Ministry concert tomorrow.....I can't wait!!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No coffee for me. My drinks must be cold.

Bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Speaking of taxes - i want to know what Uncle Sam is doing with the $44k I sent him this year. Somehow, I think I probably wouldn't approve.

I

imported_lord richard

so that's why u have 11k of posts.....................................................

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well now, if were gonna flame.. your car sucks lord richard. a geo metro can waste you off the line.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

so that's why u have 11k of posts.....................................................

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm retired, yes. Forced retirement, but retired nonetheless.

I

imported_lord richard

I don't think so, LUCY...lol

at least that proves you read my nasty little posts.

Geo Metro, indeed!!

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

that was uncalled for, my apologies......we are all retired here and pay our taxes each and every year....just thought you might have been one of those 5th amendment tax dodgers there my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. I've paid my dues year after year, and have done so since I started my first job at 13. I just planned my deductions and such so that at the end of the year I didn't have the surprise to have to cough up even more. Taxes are a much easier pill to swallow little by little over the course of the year, and taste better when you get a bit back.

I

imported_lord richard

brings a large barrel of ice with a keg in it...

G

I'm positive I wouldn't approve of what my taxes are being used for.

I absolutely despise the fact that my hard-earned dollars are taken from me and given to some lazy welfare recipient so they can teach their kids how to live off the system. Soon we will have more leeches than workers...why work when you can have everything handed to you?

I'm all for helping people out, especially those that are disabled or unable to work because of medical reasons. But for those that are just too lazy or irresponsible to work, let 'em starve.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

I absolutely despise the fact that my hard-earned dollars are taken from me and given to some lazy welfare recipient so they can teach their kids how to live off the system. Soon we will have more leeches than workers...why work when you can have everything handed to you?

I'm all for helping people out, especially those that are disabled or unable to work because of medical reasons. But for those that are just too lazy or irresponsible to work, let 'em starve.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may not be very popular - but what I would like to see my tax dollars spent for is to provide mandatory birth control shots to male and females on welfare.

If you cannot support yourself - you have no right to bring more kids into the world that Uncle Sam has to feed. That would stop this single mom with 6 kids on welfare nonsense.

If you wanna have kids - find a way to feed yourself first.

Peace.

Emil Ispep

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you've seen Idiocracy, i think its a preview of whats to come in the long run.

*gasp*

a salad bar? for mee? is this cuz i like grapefruit?

L

legs

Taxes done!! whoopie, that always feels good.

Steps up to the salad bar.... oooo.... fresh tomatoes, yes!!

I think we should just call a moratorium on having any children for a few years, until we can get the massive messes we have created cleared up, if that is ever possible.

We need to educate and inspire the children that we do have, and instill some pride in them........ if this were to happen, the rest would work out alright........

G

<blockquote><hr>

This may not be very popular - but what I would like to see my tax dollars spent for is to provide mandatory birth control shots to male and females on welfare.

If you cannot support yourself - you have no right to bring more kids into the world that Uncle Sam has to feed. That would stop this single mom with 6 kids on welfare nonsense.

If you wanna have kids - find a way to feed yourself first.

Peace.

[/ QUOTE ]

&lt;3 Theo_GL!

Totally right on.