• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] good locations?

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I know ore locations are random. That's not what I'm asking :)

I'm looking for the best mining locations... techniques if you will. I prefer to mine in fel, double reward for the amount of work. But where should I be mining? Along mountains? Inside caves? I'm looking to maximise my ore haul as much as I can. It's been a long time since I've done any real mining. So long that I still have ore books marked out on my miner from when locations didn't change :)

Thanks for any advice!

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
get a fire beetle so you don't need to go to a forge. As far a fel goes I have no clue but if you want a guarded area Delucia is great if no then your old books should be good. There's ore all over . Delucia was my home years ago before there was tram/fel if no one else is mining it takes a good while to mine it out and once you do you can go outside town and mine there till it restarts and there is a forge so you can use the forge if you want instead of using a fire beetle. If you are mining ore elementals then you would want to be out side of any town or npc may call guards. I haven't been back to fel more than 4 or 5 times since tram was created so really not too sure but I guess it depends on what you want. If you find a spot with lots of ore it will still have lots of ore only maybe a different type later so your old mining spots should be fine.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The tunnels under buc den are a good spot or any cave really and bring the beetle to smelt