• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Good Grief"

• Thread starter Crazy Fireball
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
C

Crazy Fireball

Oh, here we go again - you guys probally dont want this drama - but it really has to stop! Its getting to the point of annoying!

I Was only at the VP - but i still saw suffling. It was the hollywoods this time that i saw - trish (i think it was trish...) tryed to have people go in the elvator who where hollywoods - but nobody went - forcing the people in the ele to jump off and get back for more hollys.

Im sick and tired of the shuffling - this is a event where you get on and stay on - i wanted to go with someone but i didnt try and shuffle to go with them, i stayed on.

Im just asking for people to stay on the Freaking elevator! Come on drama sucks - so lets cut the crap and stay on the elevator - its not that hard!

:gun:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It didn't help that the babies loaded six on the first run. You can't place the blame solely on the HWs this time around.

All ended well, even though that 2nd to last run left us as four for some reason.

S

SSniffleslam

This is the first run I've been on in a good while, and yeah, there was a bit of shuffle in the VP, but everything else went very smoothly, imho at least. I loved our six-man CJ, that went awesome! Much better than a full eight in river with randoms in my book!

With as many toons as we have, I don't think it goes too bad, even in the VP...just have to have a little patience!

G

Granjell

Was it the little toons being too eager or was it that the Hollys didn't move? I saw Trish ask for Hollys, so I came up from the bottom of the stairs to fill the first load. There were two of us and six smaller, albeit high laff toons, so we were plenty okay, but there were at least six Hollys "in line" ahead of me who did not choose to get on....

S

SSniffleslam

Hollys weren't moving for some odd reason, but I still think it all worked out okay.

A

ATIV7220

Admittedly there were over enthusiastic non-HW's (my son included - sorry) but there weren't more than two or three maxed HW's over the first two runs. I think there was shuffling because five or six non-HW's found themselves at 3 seconds with an unfilled elevator and no or almost no HW's. I stepped up on the second group only because they were getting low on time and I didn't see any HW's there. I'm not maxed but I had four lvl 7 gags I could use. Even I ended up shuffling when I found myself alone on the elevator. It did all work out and we had one of the best pie rounds I'd ever seen. Thanks to Codi in particular as she's the only HW50 I think we had.

The VP loading felt weird from the start since almost nobody loaded once people reached to top of the stairs. I can't explain why... rolleyes:

A

alisagrace86

hey i was in the first group for vp earlier and i wanted to apologize to all if i moved in sooner than intended just trying to get into the whole thing this whole stratics experience is very new to me so any advice for me would be greatly appreciated but TY ALL who helped me in vp today it was touch and go especially when the vp would just take 10 points and no time to jump lol

S

susan4633

Thanks to Codi in particular as he's the only HW50 I think we had.

QUOTE]

Codi is my friend and I'll tell her. She'll be thrilled except could you possibly edit your post in case she comes here to see it? She is VERY sensitive that people think she's a boy due to her name...she even mentioned it to me in mgn last night....she's a teen -nuf said

S

Squeaker

I have only heard bits and pieces of what went on ... but what was the problem? Did you get a good vp? I think so. Sean, you weren't on with randoms, you just didn't know who they were. Just like they didn't know who you were. (You were on your little toon right?) Please try to be patient with everyone. People are trying to do their best and sometimes it looks worse than it is. Noone is trying to keep anyone out. Lately, people are just trying to not get their names in the forums! So maybe a little too cautious so as not to make anyone angry. I have very good friends that may not be joining us anymore because of the nit-picking. :( I certainly hope they do stay.

And, honestly, I don't know why everyone is fascinated with suits! That still baffles me. I know that gags make a difference but why the suit? Sure, it shows experience, but what if it's a second or tenth toon that's a cold caller level 1?

Just my opinion on the "Sunday drama," as my husband refers to it now. He's asked me more than once why I keep going when I always end up a bit frustrated by the end of it. I'm an optimist, I have hope that it will return to the fun it is meant to be. I had a lovely run in cfo and cj and thought the night went great for everyone. I was wrong again. My own little dream world I guess :D

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This 'Sunday drama' is one of the reasons Martha and I skipped last Sunday, and we planned on skipping last night but decided to give it one more try. We both came away rather hurt by the sentiments expressed in the last two rant fests. As far as the drama, my opinion on it is simple. Things are never going to be perfect. We're all human behind the toons and humans are prone to make mistakes. Ripping into people for making them just serves to create dissention and hurt people's feelings, not improve the situation. I was on that first run and the only reason we had a rough time of it was because we had a VP that was a major jumper. I'm talking two to three jumps every 20 seconds. Some people didn't get the jumps timed and we had to pie a few to keep going but we got him over the edge. That's all that counts in the end.

I also agree with the suit levels. Martha and I on our bears are only Two Faces but we both have maxed suits on our big toons. Suit level <> experience. You may only have two HW on that elevator, but you just might have two other people in smaller suits with the gags and experience to pull everyone through just fine, as was the case with the first run. If he hadn't been such a jumper, he'd have gone down even faster. I'll also add this observation, in that when you go to board, sometimes the slight lag might show you boarding with only two others but in fact it's four after the toons are on board. Jumping off results in threads like this so I know in Martha and I's case, we're afraid to move. Food for thought.

When we started coming to the Sunday runs, it was a gathering of friends there with the purpose of having some fun fighting the bosses. Ever since these rules were introduced, and the chastising that comes with them when things don't go perfect every time, it has begun to feel less like a friendly gathering and more like a regimented military exercise. Flame that opinion if you like but that's how I feel. My $0.02, your mileage may vary.

G

Granjell

And, honestly, I don't know why everyone is fascinated with suits! That still baffles me. I know that gags make a difference but why the suit? Sure, it shows experience, but what if it's a second or tenth toon that's a cold caller level 1?
I hear ya, Kathy, but for some reason it does matter. The lower level suits on the first run were mostly high laff, I think the lowest was 75. And I'm sure a lot were on the next generation of their toon arsenal like I was. My concern was that -- after all the discussion here -- toons standing at the top of the stairs, FIRST IN LINE SHOULD LOAD FIRST. Don't go to the top of the stairs if you won't go on the first load.

That's my point.

S

Squeaker

No, a regimented military exercise would have discipline and order! We're no where near that ideal.. hehe

This should be an easy process, I really don't know why it isn't but the yelling has to stop. We're losing way too many good toons and I'm starting to miss seeing everyone on Sunday nights. Nice, orderly lines; get on the elevator! And if it doesn't go that way, enjoy the people you have with you and let it go. Have a great boss run.

We're all here to have a good time and if you don't recognize anyone, get to know them or try to figure out who they are. I love doing that. Watch how someone plays and try to place their mannerisms. I will admit, I sulk a bit when I don't get with the people I want, but I'm happy again before we even get off the elevator. I'll see my friends again after the run.

F

Fangs McWolf

I Was only at the VP - but i still saw suffling. It was the hollywoods this time that i saw - trish (i think it was trish...) tryed to have people go in the elvator who where hollywoods - but nobody went - forcing the people in the ele to jump off and get back for more hollys.
It didn't help that the babies loaded six on the first run. You can't place the blame solely on the HWs this time around.
As Trish said, the eager beavers hopped on and that's when the problems started. Didn't last too long, but still, it's an example of what happens when people don't pay attention to what's going on and what they're contributing to it. Wouldn't say it's a blame game, as sometimes it's hard to tell what someone else is doing because there will always be some form of lag (which is why in a race, you might think you finished first but really you came in second).

If four from each side were to load at the top platform, make sure they are an even load and then get onto the elevator, that would help some in reducing the shuffle. No timer, extras can be up there for a moment, and once it's been evened out, load and go. After the first elevator, things tend to flow a little better. Guess it's like starting a lawn mower. Sometimes hard to get going, but once it's started, it goes smooth.

All ended well, even though that 2nd to last run left us as four for some reason.
Then Princess Maxie (forgot-her-last-name) came along and a great 5 man run. :)

I loved our six-man CJ, that went awesome! Much better than a full eight in river with randoms in my book!
Normally I would say it's because Trish and I were stunning, but it was more than that. Everyone did what they were supposed to. There was a moment when we were due a bonus and Trish and I were trying to sync up to trigger it. Guess the bonus wanted to be a tricky little booger because it took a few attempts before we hit it.

Was it the little toons being too eager or was it that the Hollys didn't move? I saw Trish ask for Hollys, so I came up from the bottom of the stairs to fill the first load. There were two of us and six smaller, albeit high laff toons, so we were plenty okay, but there were at least six Hollys "in line" ahead of me who did not choose to get on....
I have a theory that some may have been running on smaller toons and forgot that they're supposed to load based on their current suit, rather than their strongest suit. THEY know they can do it, but others may not.

I was one of those at the bottom that you passed by (I remember someone walking up past everyone, think it was you). I like to wait to be in the last group, as I have said in other threads. I "got stuck" in a 5 man run with 2 babies. More like 1 baby, but more so on experience. They had 57 laff and after our side finished the skelecogs, Trish and I rushed to join the both of them. Then seeing a couple of hits, both Trish and I (at the same time) tossed TU unites. If I'd known she was gonna toss, I would have held onto mine. But oh well, rather it happen that way than to lose someone, especially when we were that close.

From what I recall, I believe it was that persons second win (out of 5 tries) in the VP.

Definitely a good run and gives a good example of why I like to be the last to go. As for your stepping past everyone to try to meet the HW quota, good stepping up. Overall, I think things went rather smooth and maybe this coming Sunday will go even better. :)

[[[snip]]]

I had a lovely run in cfo and cj and thought the night went great for everyone. I was wrong again. My own little dream world I guess :D
The reason for the suit separating is simple. Simplicity. Instead of "Okay if you know how to play and have this many laff, these gags, have other toons you have VP'd in, etc etc etc", it's down to putting obvious experience to potential lack of experience. If someone happens to be new to the VP, as was someone in the 5 man run Trish and I went on, then this works out great because we're doing our best to even the loads to give those who are indeed new a better chance of success. If I were to go on with a new toon on the next run, then even though I can pie the crap out of the VP, it's better if I load to the right. Lack of gags, laff and most importantly, people not knowing (unless I tell them), it makes it safer for everyone.

As for your little dream world... Mwahahahaha.. I'll be waking you up from it... :gee:

G

Granjell

Oh I forgot, I was gonna mention - thanks to those who thought to put up bubbles as to whether they were crane or stomp at the cfo. I think that really helped with getting the elevator more even. We had a great run with the first load.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, a regimented military exercise would have discipline and order! We're no where near that ideal.. hehe

This should be an easy process, I really don't know why it isn't but the yelling has to stop. We're losing way too many good toons and I'm starting to miss seeing everyone on Sunday nights. Nice, orderly lines; get on the elevator! And if it doesn't go that way, enjoy the people you have with you and let it go. Have a great boss run.

We're all here to have a good time and if you don't recognize anyone, get to know them or try to figure out who they are. I love doing that. Watch how someone plays and try to place their mannerisms. I will admit, I sulk a bit when I don't get with the people I want, but I'm happy again before we even get off the elevator. I'll see my friends again after the run.
Actually I was referencing the drill sergeant's getting in your face if you slip up. I agree, the yelling has to stop. The chastising has to stop. As far as I'm concerned, a blame game is exactly what it is. Though I don't know why I'm even posting, it seems each time my opinion is ignored, but I've remained silent too long so I'm posting it anyway. The point is to have a good time. Things not going 100 percent should not stand in the way of that. Friends are supposed to be able to laugh off mishaps.

F

Fangs McWolf

I also agree with the suit levels. Martha and I on our bears are only Two Faces but we both have maxed suits on our big toons. Suit level <> experience. You may only have two HW on that elevator, but you just might have two other people in smaller suits with the gags and experience to pull everyone through just fine, as was the case with the first run.
The problem is that not everyone knows the experience levels of everyone else. It's not to say that someone who is a CC1 has no idea what they are doing. It's to say that there's a possibility that they've never been in the VP before. So instead of taking our chances and throwing them in with others who may have limited experience, we'll follow a simple plan to try to mix known experience with those who may still be new to it all. That way they have a greater chance of success and that in itself helps to build up confidence and helps them to become a better player a little bit at a time.

The problem with ignoring suit levels and gags comes down to the risks involved. I had once mentioned that it's a tragedy waiting to happen (maybe not in such harsh wording). Then shortly after that, there was a run that went terribly wrong for that reason. Making sure that there is some sort of balance helps everyone.

Either way, don't let it get to you. You both are fun to run with and I was certainly happy to see you both last night. I'm sure others were glad as well.

I know that you have a couple of people you love to board with, but I think I've broken you of the habit of trying. :) All in all, board and have fun. If you happen to be with people you know, that's wonderful. If not, try to be the leader and help make it a successful run.

S

Squeaker

I agree Shane! We just keep saying the same things over and over again - someone will listen. Optimism! We're here to have fun, enough of the other crap in our real lives.

I concede to the voice of reason (Wolfie) and accept why we have this system. It is the best that there is for now, with the amount of toons that show up for our runs. As it gets bigger, we need a few rules.

In CFO, I loved the bubbles too! It's the little things that make me happy in life. Dream world still intact...

Oh, and CJ - great run! Much better than when you two (Trish and Wolfie) get the bright idea to do a 5-man with all Big Wigs. That's been a while but I still have nightmares about it.

Well, this thread has talked me into a good mood. Now I need to work on notes and options!

F

Fangs McWolf

In CFO, I loved the bubbles too! It's the little things that make me happy in life. Dream world still intact...

Oh, and CJ - great run! Much better than when you two (Trish and Wolfie) get the bright idea to do a 5-man with all Big Wigs. That's been a while but I still have nightmares about it.

Well, this thread has talked me into a good mood. Now I need to work on notes and options!
I'll burst that dream world of yours, just wait and see. :D

I think that CJ run was a 4 man, and you can thank Trish for conning us into that one. As I recall, no one went sad but OMG that was torture.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shane not to single you out, because it comes from everyone, but when your runs go bad and you tell me about it, you don't sound like you're in the "oh well, it was fun" mindset. So tell me, if load & go straight up isn't fun for you, and we try to even things out, but you're not having fun during loading process... what the heck am i to do, here? And again, I'm not singling you out (ok I am but not intentionally). I'm trying to show you that this system was to solve problems. It may have created new ones in the process, but I think the problems today have less weight on them than the problems in the past. And like was said before.. it really isn't a tough system to follow. If we had more hollys step up in the beginning, things could've been different.

I replied last night in haste. I really didn't think yesterday was that bad. And while my post looks like "everyone is to blame" really what I meant was the opposite.. I think we did better this time around. Sure we had some shuffling on that first run but I think some toons learned better our system from it. I could be wrong, though, I usually am these days, it seems..

Now a little reminder about why we load the way we do. All HWs on one side is a bit intimidating to the little ones. All HWs on one side caused posts like "I feel inferior loading on the right". All HWs on one side made the sides very much unbalanced. All HWs on one side was misleading, because many HWs don't have maxed gags, or are ubers (who can't lure, for example). Our sytem now evens the loads better and I'm happy with it. :)

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I concede to the voice of reason (Wolfie) and accept why we have this system. It is the best that there is for now, with the amount of toons that show up for our runs. As it gets bigger, we need a few rules.
I understand why it's there, and I agree that attempting to load 4 by 4 increases the chances of success. My issue is what I perceive to be disciplinary actions (chastising, snarky comments, etc) when something goes wrong. That is the single point of contention I have with the whole thing. We try to do our best, but like I said, we're all human. Mistakes are going to happen. The point of logging into a game like Toontown is to get away from the real world and let off some steam thrashing evil robots who personify everything us corporate grunts despise. :gun:

G

Granjell

At least we all lined up on the stairs and nobody bunched up on top....that's progress.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shane not to single you out, because it comes from everyone, but when your runs go bad and you tell me about it, you don't sound like you're in the "oh well, it was fun" mindset. So tell me, if load & go straight up isn't fun for you, and we try to even things out, but you're not having fun during loading process... what the heck am i to do, here? And again, I'm not singling you out (ok I am but not intentionally). I'm trying to show you that this system was to solve problems. It may have created new ones in the process, but I think the problems today have less weight on them than the problems in the past. And like was said before.. it really isn't a tough system to follow. If we had more hollys step up in the beginning, things could've been different.
Which is why I turned off Yahoo. Yes I'm going to be a little upset when things go wrong, that's human nature. The thing I have a problem with is when Martha or I try to follow the rules, but something goes wrong, we're suddenly bad guys because we're intentionally trying to screw things up, which is as far from the truth as it is from here to moon. Mistakes happen. Yes, it's not a tough system to follow, but when things go wrong, don't yell at us. That is the point I'm trying to make.

In the end, the reason Martha and I come is because we like being with friends. When I griped to you over Yahoo, I was just letting off steam and talking to a friend is one way I can relax and ease off that frustration, but that became an issue so I stopped. It wasn't because I perceived you to be the leader, it wasn't because I perceived you to be able to do something about it. If you want to single me out, that's fine. If I'm to be damned for being human, then I guess I'll be damned.

F

Fangs McWolf

The thing I have a problem with is when Martha or I try to follow the rules, but something goes wrong, we're suddenly bad guys because we're intentionally trying to screw things up, which is as far from the truth as it is from here to moon. Mistakes happen. Yes, it's not a tough system to follow, but when things go wrong, don't yell at us. That is the point I'm trying to make.
Whoa. Maybe my being a bit sick has affected my memory but when did anyone blame the two of you?

I don't recall anyone pointing the fingers at the two of you. I just recall it being that more than 4 small suits loaded up and there was a small shuffle at the beginning because of it. Other than that, things went rather well. No harm done.

Mind you, some people will find something to complain about no matter what. But I think last night was a very good example of how a rather decent Sunday can go. Not perfect, but it never will be.

G

Granjell

I like to think that although our discussions may start out a little negative, we eventually turn them around into positive discussions. I hope that visitors here see that we are all basically trying to help each other out with constructive criticisms. Some of us are slightly more analytical than emotional and vice versa, so that comes across in the posts, and there is the occasional misunderstanding or (insert your synonym for drama) that we have to get past, and we do.

That is why I hate to miss a run, even with my family snarking at me in the background.

Mountain Man

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoa. Maybe my being a bit sick has affected my memory but when did anyone blame the two of you?

I don't recall anyone pointing the fingers at the two of you. I just recall it being that more than 4 small suits loaded up and there was a small shuffle at the beginning because of it. Other than that, things went rather well. No harm done.

Mind you, some people will find something to complain about no matter what. But I think last night was a very good example of how a rather decent Sunday can go. Not perfect, but it never will be.
One particular incident I can recall is when Martha invited a friend along, and something happened where that friend got stuck at the outer doors. Without really thinking, Martha jumped off to guide her friend in. Immediately there were calls of shuffling. Martha got very upset after that night, and between us it started a fight that lasted for nearly a week because I admit it, I was going gung ho about the rules until I realized how I sounded to my own wife. Martha has since decided to invite no more friends because of it. She was upset when she realized what happened, and the calls of shuffling just compounded it, and my own chastising her for the rules added to it, which I now regret, mainly because in my mind I was trying to avoid further chastising from others. Thus the reason for my point and posts. My wife is my best friend, and when things upset her, they upset me too.

Last night, I agree things went well. Both of us enjoyed ourselves, even with that ornery VP. I'd chalk last night up to a success, and it helped ease Martha and I's concerns somewhat until I read this thread. The incident above I hope would explain some of how we feel, because there was a time I jumped to be with Martha, thus I would hope that explains some of our fears.

S

Squeaker

I thought this was a general thread - no names at all. You may be delirious Wolfie, but you got it right. hehe Very civilized actually, except for references to my dream world and slight stubborn streak... It may be cracked a bit, but nothing can break me! :wall:

I personally have enjoyed every run we've gone on - some more than others, that's true but all fun in their own right. Even if I checked my pedicure, the revenge run has always more than made up for it. So, let's get over the little stuff, have some fun... isn't that what we pay the big bucks for?

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I griped to you over Yahoo, I was just letting off steam and talking to a friend is one way I can relax and ease off that frustration, but that became an issue so I stopped. It wasn't because I perceived you to be the leader, it wasn't because I perceived you to be able to do something about it. If you want to single me out, that's fine. If I'm to be damned for being human, then I guess I'll be damned.
I guess that's the problem. Considering everything that's going on and all the whispers and YIMs I get, it doesn't SEEM friend to friend. I'll take the blame for that one.

I know I'm a straight-to-business kind of person.. but yelling? Gotta disagree with that part. As for Martha, I thought I made her understand in PM. At least she seemed to understand. Now I read differently?

Honestly. If you bring a friend along, and they have been briefed on our guidelines, said friend should know you may be separated and understand. When someone shuffles for that reason, not only do we have the shuffle dance River-style afterward but people think it's OK to do this. I realize you and she are sensitive people, but I can't make things ok for you or her to do because you are sensitive. This isn't about dehumanizing. And after all these years I would think you'd know me better than that. =\

C

cammrisdemorte

finally this problem happend to some one else now i guess i was not just trying to start drama a few weeks back when i bought this same problem of the holly's not loading up.

S

SSniffleslam

IMHO - which isn't worth much, but hey, why not share it anyway? I think everyone needs to take a big deep breath, step back, and brush this off your shoulders!!! Last night was my first time on a Stratics run in over a month and I thought it all went okay! Personal confession, I stopped coming to runs because of the petty gripes and such and have been putting up with random runs in River for way too long now. I came back last night, and I personally thought everything was a lot better. THEN an hour after the runs, here come the complaining posts. What's the deal? Isn't the point of all this to have FUN????

C

cammrisdemorte

well a good point is 3 or 4 weeks ago a run i was in they shuffled we only had 7 toon

the week after that they didnt load right and we had 6 2 toons went sad i was 1

and now a few weeks later there is this problem hmmm i see a pattern or it could just be me.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THEN an hour after the runs, here come the complaining posts. What's the deal? Isn't the point of all this to have FUN????
Yeah, like I said, I'm surprised we had this thread after last night's VP. Things have been much worse than they were last night, that's for sure! And I really, honestly, truly believe that our initial shuffling to get Hollys moving will help future runs. Also the extra step to get people to stand on the right side to begin with before loading.

Most of the angst in this thread appears to be over past Sundays. Let's try to progress from that, shall we?

C

cammrisdemorte

i will agree with what some one else said sunday was my 1st in a few weeks and i saw the same things and looking at all the post b4 this one it supports what i said b4 this post

well a good point is 3 or 4 weeks ago a run i was in they shuffled we only had 7 toon

and now a few weeks later there is this problem hmmm i see a pattern or it could just be me.

i cant play with 2 good friends over drama so why cant it end?

L

loadexfa

I was there last night, seriously it was a brief hiccup, not a pattern. <shrug>

Josh

C

Crazy Fireball

Okay - This isnt as bad as the last - and i only saw bits and peices of it - because iw as reading something elce and i boared when i was a a break - that one time i saw was when i went.

Most of the hollys didnt get on - and i dont know why - it just annoyed me - i mean little toons are eager - maybe they cant get in NR, or maybe if they do people leave them out and they are excited that someone will VP with them - thats why they hop on, i allways think of the kid as someone who is eager - and usally kids VP with little toons and low suits - so you shouldnt be so anti-noob with them.

Also - the VP was good - im not complaining, just stating the fact that there was some suffle or refusle (if refusle is a word - LOL!)

F

Fangs McWolf

i cant play with 2 good friends over drama so why cant it end?
First, that run where you went sad, it was 5 of us on the run, not 6. I understand your frustration on that night, but we've discussed it and people are trying a little bit harder to do better. There is no drama, just sometimes we all need a reminder on how we're supposed to do things. Sort of like getting a tune-up (engine wise). You're trying to create one problem out of another and that won't help.

Most of the hollys didnt get on - and i dont know why - it just annoyed me - i mean little toons are eager - maybe they cant get in NR, or maybe if they do people leave them out and they are excited that someone will VP with them - thats why they hop on, i allways think of the kid as someone who is eager - and usally kids VP with little toons and low suits - so you shouldnt be so anti-noob with them.

Also - the VP was good - im not complaining, just stating the fact that there was some suffle or refusle (if refusle is a word - LOL!)
My guess in the matter would be that once the 6 small suits hopped on, the Holly's wanted to wait for a couple of them to get off, so that they could properly even out the load. Not out of fear of failure and going sad, but more for increasing the chance of success for all, and not having one of the lower suits go sad. That's just a guess though.

All in all though, it was the small suits who loaded 6 instead of 4. That caused a minute or two of confusion and finally the first group was off. After that, things went smoothly from what I could see.

So with that said, what's all the crying about? As far as I know, no one went sad on any of the runs. If you didn't get to run with friends or the people you were planning to run with, tough. Get over it. If you want that, then arrange a different day/time to do a run with just those people. When it comes to the group, I'd rather play with certain people. But if I can't then oh well. Some other time.

Trish was there, she saw things as they happened and I'm sure if she felt there was an issue that ruined the entire night, she would have said something. Unless I'm mistaken, her take on it is simply this.. Bumpy start but smoothed out once first group was gone.

How's that drama? How's that anything other than it just being what it is?

It's a game people, and I think last night was an excellent example of how it's possible to follow some simple rules. Yes, needs small improvements here and there, but oh well. Can't expect perfection the first time around. Last night was the best I've seen it when it comes to people standing on left/right for loading and I think it helped to make a huge difference.

As was once said.. You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time and you certainly can't please an entire group of toons even one time.

C

cammrisdemorte

how i am trying to create what we both have showed fangs i mean look up and down this post most of them have said that the hollys didnt move.

P

Pinky Pepperpow

i was on that second load that kept shuffling. it was due to over zealous little ones. But hey, that might have been one of the fastest and easiest VP's i've done in a long time. It all worked out in the end.

It's progress not perfection and although a perfect loading would be nice, the odds are that it will be rare. Nobody was doing anything wrong IMHO...and it all worked out in the end.

Still can't get rid of me due to a little shuffling! :)

F

Fangs McWolf

how i am trying to create what we both have showed fangs i mean look up and down this post most of them have said that the hollys didnt move.
What you are doing is taking a couple of past incidents, which were unfortunate, and trying to make it out like there is a conspiracy or something else, just because there was a little snag last night. Just because something doesn't go perfectly, doesn't mean that we need to go to defcon 4, seal all the doors, have weapons armed and loaded and be overall paranoid about every little move that everyone makes.

Relax some.

L

loadexfa

All in all though, it was the small suits who loaded 6 instead of 4. That caused a minute or two of confusion and finally the first group was off. After that, things went smoothly from what I could see.
That is exactly what I saw. On an airplane, 10 seconds of turbulence on a 1 hour flight isn't a bumpy flight, that's a smooth flight with a quick bump. Same thing happened here, smooth runs with a quick bump in the beginning. People are blowing this out of proportion.

Josh

C

Crazy Fireball

That is exactly what I saw. On an airplane, 10 seconds of turbulence on a 1 hour flight isn't a bumpy flight, that's a smooth flight with a quick bump. Same thing happened here, smooth runs with a quick bump in the beginning. People are blowing this out of proportion.

Josh
Intresting way of putting it - but i agree lol.

NikiKing

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I've said before I havent been around on Sunday runs much, but I'm curious, how has speed chat plus affected them? I would think it would be better. *shrugs* Maybe something new could be added to the system like a bubble with a memo about who you are or what your exp lvl is on other toons. I know numbers arent allowed, but maybe theres something that might help? IDK just trying to help. :)

Z

ZippyW

So this player/member brings up shuffling at a few VP runs and is jumped all over. That's really helpful. Here are some of the responses:

"People are blowing this out of proportion."

"What you are doing is taking a couple of past incidents, which were unfortunate, and trying to make it out like there is a conspiracy or something else, just because there was a little snag last night. Just because something doesn't go perfectly, doesn't mean that we need to go to defcon 4, seal all the doors, have weapons armed and loaded and be overall paranoid about every little move that everyone makes." If anyone went "defcon 4" it was THIS response to someone asking a question.

" You're trying to create one problem out of another and that won't help."

"So with that said, what's all the crying about? If you didn't get to run with friends or the people you were planning to run with, tough. Get over it. "

And finally, this one: "It's a game people, and I think last night was an excellent example of how it's possible to follow some simple rules. Yes, needs small improvements here and there, but oh well. Can't expect perfection the first time around. Last night was the best I've seen it when it comes to people standing on left/right for loading and I think it helped to make a huge difference."

The problem with the last post is that this thread has proved that you better NOT mention any "small improvements" needed because you WILL see the fangs come out, people telling you that YOU are creating the problem by even mentioning it, no matter how nicely you do so, and that you will be snarled at. I didn't see any "crying" about it. It was BROUGHT UP in a thread. And not in an ugly way.

This crap is exactly why I don't play with these organized groups. God help you if you offer anything but praise and worship. Blah. Such thin-skinned sensitive types who get their panties all in a twist are just silly, especially for a game like Toontown, when it is supposed to be fun, not solving the national budget crisis. :yell:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, what it shows is frustration that three weeks ago he was on a bad run and he just can't let it go, even though it's obvious from this thread there has been progress since then, and he hasn't bothered to show up since.

I'm not asking for all shiny happy posts, and I doubt anyone else is either. I would love to see us all be able to dish out criticism in a non-condescending manner, and for all of us to accept it and learn from it and still get along afterward. With few exceptions (one of them being the poster you're defending), I think we do this.

F

Fangs McWolf

So this player/member brings up shuffling at a few VP runs and is jumped all over. That's really helpful. Here are some of the responses:

"People are blowing this out of proportion."

"What you are doing is taking a couple of past incidents, which were unfortunate, and trying to make it out like there is a conspiracy or something else, just because there was a little snag last night. Just because something doesn't go perfectly, doesn't mean that we need to go to defcon 4, seal all the doors, have weapons armed and loaded and be overall paranoid about every little move that everyone makes." If anyone went "defcon 4" it was THIS response to someone asking a question.
Superbowl Sunday - I wasn't there, but from what I understand, the poster I was referring to encountered problems when trying to VP.

Week later - I was there and there were 5 people left, myself included. We all went and then the poster I was responding to, as well as one other player, went sad during the skelecog round. However the problem he is griping about on that Sunday is how the elevator loads were apparently uneven.

Skip ahead to this past Sunday - low suits boarded 6 onto the elevator instead of 4 HW and 4 (other). Minor shuffling occurs. After that, things go smoothly. End of it, there are 4 of us left and another member signed on so I went outside to get her. We then VP'd, losing no one during that run. (I credit Trish for that.)

Now, there is griping about the minor bit of shuffling, which wasn't HW's trying to go together or anything else of the sort. The poster I responded to is trying to take the minor incident and turn it into some sort of deep rooted conspiracy that needs to be uncovered. I believe that I've demonstrated that I don't care who I play with, so trying to use my comments in a misleading manner won't work. I tell it like it is and the way it is, simply put, is that there are times when some shuffling will occur and not because anyone is trying to play with friends or any other sort of deep rooted scam or whatever.

When I commented that he was trying to make one problem out of another, he was taking the minor shuffling and trying to make it into something it wasn't. Trish, our almighty leader (said in good faith not in jest), was there and saw things for herself. Ever since the rule of thumb for HW's (with maxed gags) to load left and others load right, I believe that is the first time I've seen everyone staying to the edges of the room/stairs, leaving the center somewhat clear. To me, that was a gigantic difference in and of itself. Then to have a previous incident brought up as though there have been no improvements is like a slap in the face. All that improvement and instead of "Hey I think it went a lot better even with that small shuffling at the beginning.", we get "See there's still shuffling, nothing has changed, red alert red alert, someone call the newspapers, the government is trying to cover up something!" Not literally, but certainly feels like that's how it's being treated.

L

loadexfa

This crap is exactly why I don't play with these organized groups. God help you if you offer anything but praise and worship. Blah. Such thin-skinned sensitive types who get their panties all in a twist are just silly, especially for a game like Toontown, when it is supposed to be fun, not solving the national budget crisis. :yell:
It's easy to fuss if you weren't there. I don't remember how long you have been on these forums but I have seen issues in the past and chimed in when I thought improvements could be made, never was given a hard time for that. Others have done it too without everyone getting "their panties all in a twist". (BTW, how did you know I wear panties, I didn't tell anyone about my cross-dressing).

But, if someone is going to start a complaint fest for every LITTLE mistake, we will never stop discussing every little mistake. We are then searching for things to complain about rather than try to improve things. Improvements take effort and momentum. If it's better than last week that's forward momentum. It's fine to say, "going in the right direction, I hope it gets even better". But that isn't what was said. It was something like, "see, it's not working, it will never work, etc etc"...

If you think our low tolerance for superflous drama is "crap" and don't want to play with organized groups then I think the situation is already handled both for you and for the people here. :) Why bother posting at all? Maybe you just enjoy talking about our panties.

Josh

Z

ZippyW

:D:D:D Thanks for proving that you can't take the slightest criticism! I just LOVE IT!!! :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::hahaha:

S

SSniffleslam

:D:D:D Thanks for proving that you can't take the slightest criticism! I just LOVE IT!!! :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::lick::hahaha:
Umm, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think you have the right to criticize anyone or anything since you weren't there and you don't participate in events. In fact, the only times I've seen you post is when you have something to criticize. Maybe you're just trying to stir the pot or beat the dead cow (as seen above). LOL