Good Fishing template

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 2, 2010
I have same ? going to start my fisher again .............

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 2, 2010
So Beatress I am going to try
120 fish
120 mager
120 eval
120 resist
120 stealth
100 hiding ( can hiding go to 120? and is it needed for stealth in the dungeons)
potions filling my bag, I have an able alcoholic,,,,,,,,,,,,,, alchemist
Also I read here vollems are good. do you need taming for those?

maybe we can get a reply :>)

Falcon

Visitor
Apr 2, 2018
I've been watching this thread for a while hoping someone who has actually played a fisherman would post a good template. I think I am going to try this:

120 Fishing
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
120 Mysticism
120 Focus
120 Spellweaving
60 Magery

If anybody has input as to whether or not this is likely to be a good template, please let me know. :)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Baja Shard
An Archer with fishing using a Horselord Bow Elemental Slayer and Reptile Slayer with %50 DI

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Feb 26, 2004
Central Florida
You really need to add what else you will be doing with this character to get a good response. If you are only fishing up MIBs and fishing them up the chests, you need very little other than 120 fishing. This my template to just fish for and up MIBs. I also do fishing trade orders but nothing is needed other than magery for that.

Fishing 120
Magery 100
Med 100
Focus 100
Eval 100

I equip a snake slayer spellbook (you can also use a reptile super slayer but more expensive and tougher to find) for the sea serpents and deep sea serpents and cut them down like nothing with e-bolts. Water els are easy too though you can bring a water el slaying spellbook or elemental slayer.

I don't need anything else and have nothing else on this character because that is all I use him for. Nothing needs to be above GM other than fishing and even then you don't need 120 fishing. I only have it for the trade orders which I rarely do anymore. If you intend on using the character for anything else, you need to state it. A plain fisherman is a super easy and small compact temp so I most likely others were waiting to see what else you were going to use it for.

I have my thief scout out areas in dungeons that are safe fishing spots and then mark runes so hiding and stealth are not necessary for my fisher. Taming is not needed for vollems.

Beatress

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Sep 11, 2017
I went with
anatomy 100
archery 120
fishing 120
heal 100
hide 100
stealth 80
This works well for me and helps when scuttling orc ships

Sam Adams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Aug 7, 2017
I like my gathering char
Taming 120
Lore 120
Vet 120
Mage 90
Fishing 120
Mining 100
Lumberjack 100

I use jewels to get 120 taming, lore. Vet i get as high as i can. Then i use a 5 slot blue beetle to carry all my fish, lumber and sos loot and kill anything. I also have a 5 slot fire beetle for mining