• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Gonna try 1st Suit.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I've gotten some pretty decent weapons sorted with imbuing and I think it's time to try to do a Warrior suit.
I've got a melee Warrior in need of something "meaty".

Any tips as to what I should be heading for?
What's this stam loss reduction bonus rubbish I've just found out about??
I take it a Platemail suit is too risky these days to wear out in combat??

I have the Lune/Soleil jewel set so at moment I have...
HCI 30
DI 60
SSI 10
HPR 2
SR 3
Luck 400.

I've bought 2 forged metal of artifacts to enhance the suit after imbuing it, but i'm getting a little overwhelmed as to what needs to go where and by how much on each piece in the imbuing stage.

If I wanted to build a Platemail set, i'm guessing it will be enhanced in Gold afterwards for the Lower requirements add?

At this point, ANY advice will be more than welcome. :Begging:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What weapons are you going to be using?

I would ditch the Lune/Soleil jewels and go for imbued unless its a luck suit you are aiming for.

Any ideas of what artifacts you are going to use (if any). Mace and shields for example.

As for material I like to use studded/bone on a "warrior" type character like my sampire for the 55lmc.

If you also get a nice legendary part to work around you might not even need to enhance at all to get the extra resists. If you are going for a luck suit then yes, you need to enhance to get the extra 40 luck.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take it a Platemail suit is too risky these days to wear out in combat??
It will wear out just as fast as any other material. You get stamina loss protection with metal and 1% lmc bonus. With studded / bone you get 3% lmc bonus.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weapons will mainly be Axes, executioner axes as I love them (100% elemental with Blood drinking for extra healing)
Again the Platemail is purely for the look.
I've decided I need to go back to playing how I used to enjoy it and just try to make the best suit I can with the limitations.
I can drop the jewels no problems.
What sort of things should I be looking for on the re-forging thou?
Runics and mats are not a problem.
As I play on Europa, arties are sort of rare or vastly overpriced, that's one of the reasons I decided to try and make a suit.
Plus and Legendary piece I find tends to be "Brittle" and wears out so fast...

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first thing I do is work out how much stamina I am going to need to swing my weapon at max speed (1.25s)

I use double axes and bladed staffs. You can wok this out using a good SSI calc: SSI Calc | Knuckleheads.dk

Then work out what artifacts you are going to use in the suit. Some of these might have DI, DCI, HCI etc. You can then workout what extra mods you need to fit on the suit.

For reforging you might need to add 5 HCI / 5 DCI on some parts if you cant hit this from artifacts / jewels.

"Brittle" is the same as imbued so don't worry about this. It wears out just the same as imbued stuff as long as its 255/255. Antique is the one that wears out very fast.

PS. Why executioner's axes?? They are pretty bad. You really want weapons with whirlwind for area damage (great at spawns) and an AI weapon for bosses etc.

100% elemental double axe is great with onslaught from the swords mastery and using double strike.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup, I roll 120 Bushido for Momentum strike and have 50% to 70% area attack on 100% elem weapons when I do spawns and then use the Blood Drinking on Axe when i'm solo mob. It's a good allrounder for me.

Sorry, not used icq in like 10 years :/

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you reforge the platemail using Copper runic or higher?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno, that's half the problem. I don't know what runics add what to armours? Is there a website somewhere that has this info wrote down?
I'm just picking bits out of different posts on stratics at the moment.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
[Imbuing] - Reforging. How to has plenty of post on the subject of getting a single property and what runic to use. I assume you are going to imbue resist and use forged tool for extra resist after imbue. When making armor you can make pieces with no arms lore bonus to the resist you want imbued, in the case of a sampire suit. say fire. Going from memory I think 3 in fire resist is the pre arms lore bonus number for bone armor. This means you are not going to overwrite the resist that is there when you imbue to the max thus getting the most out of your arms lore bonus allocated to other resist and you can do this with any resist just look up the armor type on UOguide.com to see what the base resist is. I wouldn't worry about using gold to enhance unless you are building a luck suit. A popular build for a suit is 5 pieces studded or bone for 3lmc bonus on each which will take you over cap if you have max lmc imbued on suit for 55 lmc. Then one piece platemail for added stam loss reduction. One piece of artifact armor with nice dex and stats with high resist can save you the use of the forged tool or need to imbue resist on purely imbued pieces. The forged tool is very handy when you reforge say 5 hci on one piece and then get it enhanced by barbed or whatever material. You can imbue pieces made from special materials you just can't reforge them. Don't forget to powder of fort before imbue as once imbued it can never be powdered again and will wear out at same rate as brittle armor but thankfully not antique.