• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Golden Metal Chest

T_Jones

Journeyman
I haven't done fishing for quite a while. I used to fish up a lot of them from MIBs.

Are they still avaiable from MIBs? Last time I did some of the MIBs but failed to fish up any.

metalchest2022-12-31 113223.jpg

mihali

Sage
I haven't done fishing for quite a while. I used to fish up a lot of them from MIBs.

Are they still avaiable from MIBs? Last time I did some of the MIBs but failed to fish up any.

View attachment 138901
Not sure..
Unrelated question - How do I raise Fishing? Mine is 106.8 and not going up after 1-2 hours of fishing. Do I need to go dungeon water fishing or? Ty in advance.

T_Jones

Journeyman
Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Not sure..
Unrelated question - How do I raise Fishing? Mine is 106.8 and not going up after 1-2 hours of fishing. Do I need to go dungeon water fishing or? Ty in advance.
No . Dungeon fishing (i fish in Shame mostly ) will not take you higher. By some weird reason it doesn't require high skill.
Take your ship in the open sea , set up macros and go on. 107 to 110 will go in no time.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 138901
I'm not sure what your time period is but yes I believe that gold chest are still able to be fished up. The last time I went out (maybe 5-6 months ago) I fished one up and I remember kind of thinking that the contents of the gold chests are pretty lackluster. I did keep the chest though as a cool container to use for storage.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Contents of chests are OK. Especially Valkyrie armor and Kelp leggings. They are just too common so their price is incredibly low.

T_Jones

Journeyman
I'm not sure what your time period is but yes I believe that gold chest are still able to be fished up. The last time I went out (maybe 5-6 months ago) I fished one up and I remember kind of thinking that the contents of the gold chests are pretty lackluster. I did keep the chest though as a cool container to use for storage.
I failed to fish up any, right after the new chest types were out. Then I stopped fishing till now.

newchesttypes2023-01-05 134833.jpg

I love them. :banana:
goldenchestshouse2023-01-05 135223.jpg

mihali

Sage
Contents of chests are OK. Especially Valkyrie armor and Kelp leggings. They are just too common so their price is incredibly low.
Is there any significance to the gold chests? Or are they just deco? Is there a market for the gold fished up chests? ty in advance.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you mean the level 3 ones, they still appear. The problem is they do not use large gump in CC. Also the plain ones are not large gump. But looks like you use EC.

I like the Barnacle covered ones (4 on right) since they are large Gump and have the ships name on them.
All these colors are large gump.

1673022808270.png

1673023149458.png

Is there a market for the gold fished up chests?
Only for someone wanting to use them for storage. The dungeon events have so many paragon chests that most players have plenty of colorful chests.

These and the smugglers chests from ships are worth decent clean up points.

But for CC users the only Large Gump ones are levels 1 and 4.

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Is there any significance to the gold chests? Or are they just deco? Is there a market for the gold fished up chests? ty in advance.
Like everything widely available in game chests are cheap. I just trash them for cleanup. When some rich guy will redecorate castle and in need of dozens of chests, your can be sold , sure.
White nets have their market. Kelp leggings sometimes can cost several M if there is shortage of them on ATL (used for SDI suit)

mihali

Sage
If you mean the level 3 ones, they still appear. The problem is they do not use large gump in CC. Also the plain ones are not large gump. But looks like you use EC.

I like the Barnacle covered ones (4 on right) since they are large Gump and have the ships name on them.
All these colors are large gump.

View attachment 139124

View attachment 139125

Only for someone wanting to use them for storage. The dungeon events have so many paragon chests that most players have plenty of colorful chests.

These and the smugglers chests from ships are worth decent clean up points.

But for CC users the only Large Gump ones are levels 1 and 4.
Yep, ita kind of sad the gold ones are small gump on CC. I got 4 of them all small gump, may trash them.

mihali

Sage
Like everything widely available in game chests are cheap. I just trash them for cleanup. When some rich guy will redecorate castle and in need of dozens of chests, your can be sold , sure.
White nets have their market. Kelp leggings sometimes can cost several M if there is shortage of them on ATL (used for SDI suit)
Nice..Will check later to see if they can be made gargie for my garg imbuer-weaver mystic.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
To answer my question : The kelp leggings cannot be altered to gargoyle and cannot be imbued. Not too nice..
Same for Valkyrie armor. While being really awesome one + repairable /pofable, it is dirt cheap . This is why it is my choice for all starting warriors and mules (female ones). And gargoyle cannot use it.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To answer my question : The kelp leggings cannot be altered to gargoyle and cannot be imbued. Not too nice..
Did you check to see if Vrulkax near the soul forge in Royal City can convert it for you? Might not be able to but worth trying to be sure ;)

mihali

Sage
Did you check to see if Vrulkax near the soul forge in Royal City can convert it for you? Might not be able to but worth trying to be sure ;)
Awesome! Will try Vrulkax! Thanks for info. How do I interact with Vrulkax? Is there box to put the item in? Or via a dialog?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Awesome! Will try Vrulkax! Thanks for info. How do I interact with Vrulkax? Is there box to put the item in? Or via a dialog?
Just drop stuff on him. This is how he changes Bow of infinite swarms to soul glaive .

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's also a few even rarer chests.....

On rare occasions, a strongbox like the one on the right can drop instead of a chest. They only have a few items (ML crafting ingredients), similar to the yellowish ones that sometimes drop at the feet of a white net tosser (though those new boxes have a very fast decay timer if you don't pick them up)
And, even rarer, instead of a gold chest, sometimes you'll get a chest the same color as the strongbox. I've only gotten 2 or 3 of the silver chests since the chest changes occurred. Contents are the same as the Gold chest. I think I even got a Shipwreck-named Ancient chest that got colored like that as well.

Attachments

mihali

Sage
Same for Valkyrie armor. While being really awesome one + repairable /pofable, it is dirt cheap . This is why it is my choice for all starting warriors and mules (female ones). And gargoyle cannot use it.
There is an anti-garg sentiment on the part of the Devs. Gargs get a few perks, but they get way nore strikes againt them in terms of items and things that would seem reasonable to change to gargs like kelp leggings, that cannot be done.And nobody brings these up in meets-n-greets with the Devs.