• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Goblin Trap Lantern Discussion [Moved by Tomas]

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the 5th or 6th time they've released the pink ones, and tonight was a long one fought over 2 hours and the Commander said hint "he had many stolen tonight".. Then he said the big war is coming with 400-2000 more goblins.

S

Spector_Napa

This is the 5th or 6th time they've released the pink ones, and tonight was a long one fought over 2 hours and the Commander said hint "he had many stolen tonight".. Then he said the big war is coming with 400-2000 more goblins.
So what relevance does this post have to selling an item?

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: A Pink Goblin Trap

I think he's trying to warn people that this lantern may be dropped again.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think he's trying to warn people that this lantern may be dropped again.
Well there have been more than one duplicate EM items dropped in the last few weeks and even some others from last year. So is this a new sign of the times? Could be since there seem to be new things dropped or redropped far more often than used to be. A little scarry as far as I am concerned. But this all said, this is a nice colored item, so good luck with the sale :)

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So more knowledge is a bad thing? You are the ideal customer. Would you like to buy a gingerbread cookie for 500 mil :)
And you don't have to be so judgemental with the guy Manti, I think his question isn't really a bad one nor was your info so bad. But the gingerbread cookie for 500m?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So more knowledge is a bad thing? You are the ideal customer. Would you like to buy a gingerbread cookie for 500 mil :)
And you don't have to be so judgemental with the guy Manti, I think his question isn't really a bad one nor was your info so bad. But the gingerbread cookie for 500m?
Manti was trying to make the point that it can only help the community by figuring out rarity on these items, his information was totally relevant and his reply was pretty cute. Not sure how you think it was judgmental...obviously the 500m cookie thing was a joke.

S

Suzzy

Manti's particular post here is very relevant and useful to the community. The seller may be annoyed as the post does de-value the item being sold, but saves the general community in the end. I'd rather everyone have the knowledge of rarity(or potential rarity) than someone getting ripped off.

D

DVI

I can vouch for mantis' statement as I've either participated or watched each portion of the event and have spoken to people about what was received afterwards.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While not completely sure on all of them, but I know their are quite a few colors =) So who knows! I never said anything, just selling it. And that there were 2 being held by people at the end of the event, not including mine.

FYI: Green and Pink being the obvious favorites of the lanterns :) I've seen a few go for as much as 175m on there forums (Hence the buyout @ 150.)

High bid is still 75m.

EDIT: Other color being sold for 175m.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=179419

S

Spector_Napa

Knowledge? U have no real evidence in any of those statements. "they could drop again"? wtf is that, other then you being butthurt that they wont sell you this item at an extreme markdown so u could turn around and sell it for more.(Case in point is your comment to me)

i think anyone who collects any rares in this game has a personal seat reserved on a shortbus.

So really as of now there are few of these items. IF you want to risk getting another of the same color and wait it out then by all means go ahead. BUT you also have to realize there is no concrete statement from Mythic/EA stateing that they will redrop the exact same pink lanterns.

IF i was the seller and you didnt buy it off me because you thought u might have had a chance to get one in a drop(but you didnt) and u came back to me asking to buy it, I would turn around and charge you triple price at the very least(if i didnt tell you to shove it right off the bat).

I found this quite hilarious considering your the highest bidder at 175
|
|
V

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Knowledge? U have no real evidence in any of those statements. "they could drop again"? wtf is that, other then you being butthurt that they wont sell you this item at an extreme markdown so u could turn around and sell it for more.

i think anyone who collects any rares in this game has a personal seat reserved on a shortbus.

So really as of now there are few of these items. IF you want to risk getting another of the same color and wait it out then by all means go ahead. BUT you also have to realize there is no concrete statement from Mythic/EA stateing that they will redrop the exact same pink lanterns.

IF i was the seller and you didnt buy it off me because you thought u might have had a chance to get one in a drop(but you didnt) and u came back to me asking to buy it, I would turn around and charge you triple price at the very least(if i didnt tell you to shove it right off the bat).

Really unnecessary post. Manti is right, the chessy EM gives out the same rewards a lot. Chances are there WILL be more dropped, but I don't think it will be close to the extremes people make it out to be.

Now....none of that stopped me from buying mine. I really also think it shouldnt stop anyone from buying this one.

S

Spector_Napa

Manti was trying to make the point that it can only help the community by figuring out rarity on these items, his information was totally relevant and his reply was pretty cute. Not sure how you think it was judgmental...obviously the 500m cookie thing was a joke.
Since when did the community base rarity off the chance that our beloved EM's may decide to give out the same item same color twice in a row in an event? As far as i remember rarity was determined by how many items there were total at the current time, and as far as i can remember thats always how its been. Trying to stop people from buying an item because "it may spawn again" is an insult to the seller.

G

Gunga_Din

Also, there are Goblin Traps and Goblin Cages. I have a blue and pink trap. I'd say there are equall amounts of both types at this time and each attack on Luna does not produce a drop.

In fact, one night an EM took us to a dungeon where we battle goblins for 2 hrs and none of us got a drop. They are not dropping as often as some believe. I had to buy my 2.

This goblin event appears to be ending soon so future drops will be limited.

L

LordDED

Sounds like you are the ideal customer buying one for 175MIL :D

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Knowledge? U have no real evidence in any of those statements. "they could drop again"? wtf is that, other then you being butthurt that they wont sell you this item at an extreme markdown so u could turn around and sell it for more.(Case in point is your comment to me)

I found this quite hilarious considering your the highest bidder at 175
|
|
V

I guess all of us Short-Bus rare collectors have a common sense in that when he has already dropped these lantterns in the past on more than one occassion and the theme of this entire arc has to do with goblin traps and the fact that he said the entire event is coming to an finale that any short-bus collector can pretty much agree there will be more of them. Even if he doesn't drop anymore the existing facts still remains that there are already many lantterns out there blue, purple, and green.

And as for me being "butthurt" if I didn't get the item? LOL

The last link you put up is a case in point. I won that bid only to find out day later it was redropped.

Lastly, when the entire thread is basically saying what an id#$T you are for your post may be you otta pay a little more attention on what you write before the rest of the Short-Bus collectors really starts to post what they feel.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sounds like you are the ideal customer buying one for 175MIL :D
I sure did felt like that after that purchase. But then again, its all about how to get us "short-bus" collectors isn't it :)

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think Spector needs a juice box and a nap.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

At least I am getting lots of free bumps! :thumbup1:

75m bid is still high bid atm.

Remember folks, 9pm EST tomorrow the auction is over.

FYI: For the last second bidders, I go specifically by the stratics clock for any timing/bid disputes. :)

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

its funny how back in early january i made a comment about how crazy the prices were on stag items cause whose to say the EM's wont drop them again next year for Christmas. Everyone said well the EM's have never done it before. Well it looks like they are now. Its not the EM's fault cause i mean come on eventually theywill be renaming lantarns just for the sake of giving us another rare. Somaybe if we use a little common sense with items with a common name that are just called goblin trap assume the will be remade. Now if it Ooguks Goblin Trap and you had to kill Ooguk to get it. then you got something.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Posts moved into this new thread by me. In future, do not derail an ongoing auction thread. Refer to the rules of the forum regarding posting in auction threads.

S

Suzzy

I agree with you Gus. The Stag items were being bought and sold at some ridiculous prices, which is why I did not participate. This is the nature of how collecting works. You buy something in the hopes that it maintains rarity, but with an active EM program that produces items constantly that risk is much higher than it used to be with new items.