• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GM Tracking

G

gmcbroom

Is it worth it to GM Tracking for Factions? When I jump into Factions I'll either be a Stealth Dexxer or Stealth Archer. That is, when I'm not stealing sigils :).......... My character is an elf and I play on siege. I thought it might help track down the faction members. Any opinions pro or con?

Ru TnT

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i love tracking, it's the one skill that i've never taken off my faction assassin. if you have the points available, tracking would be a great addition. it'll give you an extra 20 deathstrike damage, its also great for stalking people, as well as knowing when you're about to walk into an ambush.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's the thing...

Tracking and Detect Hidden are both factored in equally for chance to track someone.

Tracking skill beefs up Death Strike damage, and higher Detect Hidden beefs up your ability to reveal someone.

So unless youre going for better death strikes, Id go with GM Detect.

G

gmcbroom

Hmmmm.....good thing I already have Detect Hidden GM'ed. :) My Ninjitsu is stuck at 102 but I'll raise that while I work Tracking or right after it. Both archery and swords are 115, I can't wait to get a scroll. Then when he goes factions he'll be a stealth dexxer/archer depending on mood. That should be a decent factioneer.