• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gm [omitted] was the worst GM ever

A

AesSedai

- No wonder it took me so long, Cogniac.
Aargh; I had to read all that just to see that you know what I knew!! ;)

I initially stopped reading some comments as soon as I read:
"Yes, you should never question the rules..."

C

Cysphruo

the gm did the right thing... its what they usually do unless you find one who breaks the rules and gives you the ankh back, get over it.

K

Kiminality

The idea that corporations should be able to set up "Constitution Free Zones" is one I summarily reject. The fact that the sheeple of our country have allowed their rights to be eroded will in no way deter me from pushing back whenever I hear the kind of rhetoric that encourages people to be docile and compliant.
I would strongly suggest you:
1.) Read the Constitution of the United States again.
2.) Consider the international nature of the Stratics private forum.

I must commend you, though.
Not only have you given me something to laugh about, two days in a row. But your flawed invocation of the constitution kind of says a lot about you.
Welcome to your pigeon-hole.

N

NewThunder

The idea that corporations should be able to set up "Constitution Free Zones" is one I summarily reject. The fact that the sheeple of our country have allowed their rights to be eroded will in no way deter me from pushing back whenever I hear the kind of rhetoric that encourages people to be docile and compliant.
LOL, Oh my. I think I found where Karl Marx has been hiding. The Constitution is the tool that enables private ownership rights, by limiting the powers of governemnt. You have no rights in a private forum, which is what stratics is, you are a visitor. Why should a corperation have less rights then you do, after all a corperation is owned by individuals?

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one never agreed with forums having rules to follow, private or not, too much like corporate stuff. Yeah, I'm old school....but with that, if a GM is insulted and offended.

Toughen up, then do whats always been done, sue the original poster for libel, and or slander......but, America has turned into a nation of people that are offended wayyyy to easy.

If the property was indeed account free once the house dropped, then the original poster should have thought before posting, if it was the other way around......and the GM had no right to delete it, then yes, reprimand the guy.
Return the original poster his "property"

"revive the movement and to hell with the establishment"

Freedom!!

L

Lord Kynd

Stratics Rules of Conduct:
C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

Remove the name and then it wouldn't be a problem to discuss your situation. ;)

you can still 'attack' without saying names.

doesn't make since we can say names if they do good, but heaven forbid they don't and we are censored ?? seems to me we should let the bad one's be well known to people , maybe then EA will get rid of the bad GM's.
if they could know which one's where bad, but ohhh wait the offical UOmessage boards, aka stratic's and yet we can't give proper feedback because of censorship.. blah

and no, e-mailing EA doesn't work for crap, it's a ****-poor way to communicate, especially nowadays. e-mail is ancient.

V

Vyrquenox

- to the best of my recollection, only head GMs have posted as representatives (and not too often at that; but they have).

In response to all replies and posts on this topic, not merely the one I quoted, I have been constantly ignored when in need of help and punished at the slightest infraction towards ONLY members of the land of the rising sun. Namely, guess where most of the GMS come from? I say one thing to a 'from mentioned country' character, I got a GM on me in ONE MINUTE. I send a help inquiry in about an actual issue, I get a canned response after 2 hours. Telling me to read the faq. "A GM CANNOT HELP YOU WITH" wait let me put the two together, what I get in response and what I said. "A GM CANNOT HELP YOU WITH...(my part: Hey, I can't open my own house door on my own account, I'm stuck in the ground and can't even seem to use the help system to get out) their part: Please refer to the database. If I call a (aforementioned country's player) a jerk, I get someone named Jingasa (made up name not a real person) speaking to me with odd character symbols and throwing me in jail. In one damned minute. For saying that that person was a jerk. A jerk. Not even a cuss word. And I send in a report to EA on this GM and I am threatened with a permanent ban, but I get this threat in broken English. Wow. Guess who is starting to run Ulitma online and wants revenge for fat man and little boy? All the bloody GMS are from somewhere in the uh, East. EA is outsourcing. there you go. Proove me wrong. Or maybe the good old Orvy can figure out how to sue me whilst banning me. Since he hates me so much. that guys hates my guts. And that's not his actual name either, so shut the heck up. Innendo is still rationally understandable. I can tell you Queen Mum, who is by close close foster mother in reality anymore, knows that guy is a tool. Get at me for saying that. Stratics rules amount to no rational philosophy, they amount to power hungry dictators deciding randomly what to enforce, just like what? Our beloved ultima. You know why a lot of us get bothered? We forget the greatest document on the face of the earth doesn't apply to us while we are online and they are generally going through proxies employed overseas. We are to used to having our constitution. they superceede it by legalize and hiding. I'm this close to running a tracer on one of them, and buying a ticket so I can give someone a fruit basket. And a big hug. I do like these people. :) In additon to the hug, I will give them my printed and binded complete EA faq on every game, complete with the peanut butter marks from my having read the ENTIRE THING, just in case they really hoped nobody would be so stupid as to read their 10000 pages of nonsense. I sum their whole help page for all their games up as this: Electronic Arts is not reponsible for the actions of Electronic Arts. At no time is Electronic Arts saying that the views or opinions of Electronic Arts are the views or opinions of Electronic Arts. Electronic Arts does not KNOW Electronic Arts personally. Any actions of any representatives of Electronic arts are not the responsibility of Electronic Arts. Heh heh heh. that's the summary of the endless garbage they spew. We cannot trust EA, we can only hope with the Devs. they are all that is between us and well, more hard drive space.

Erekose

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a spur of the moment requirement at the time and I did not even have the time to empty my home on the account.
Sorry you had a bad experience, but taking an hour to save your stuff wouldn't have cost you another month's fee.

The GM's in general have been really really bad over the last year. There are a few exceptions but most of them seem to a) not know the game very well and b) not care much at all.

The idea that corporations should be able to set up "Constitution Free Zones" is one I summarily reject.
You obviously don't undertsand the Constitution. Free speech rights apply to political speech that cannot be censored by the Government. On a privately owned forum, or at an employer's location, or various other venues, they do not apply. Go back to school and learn about our Constitution.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually erekose, another hour would have cost me exactly another month's fee...

As for all you kids and your legal discussions, this is really just an issue of horrible customer service to a long time customer.

It would be like going to a resturaunt I frequent, and getting the wrong order because I didn't bring along a guest to make sure they get more money and then being told too bad, the company made less money from me. I gave the GM an awful, yet truthful review. I feel I was treated poorly, and I want the player base to be aware of yet another poor customer service representative working for EA Mythic.