• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Magery] GM necessary for PVP?

L

liquiddrool

What level of magery is really "necessary" for pvp? At 92 you can cast up to 6th circle 100%. Aside from E field, res, gate, or the occasional flamestrike I don't see 7th/8th used a whole lot and even those aren't used that often and are mostly gimmicks. Since magery doesn't add to spell damage I'm thinking of skipping maxing it out.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 for me , I am a flame strike cannon.
Also, supposedly if you have 92 Magery and a melee opponent has 120 fencing let's say for example. He will hit you much more..

Can somebody please explain my point better. I'm not sure if that's valid or not.

Alezi

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get at least 106 magery so you'll have 100% on 7th circle spells. Increased magery also adds a couple of points to mini-heal and greater heal. With higher magery you're able to cure greater/deadly poison more easily and your poison spell is more effective (=bypassing resisting spells skill check).

C

Capt.E

It really depends on your template. If you plan to use magery as your defensive weapon skill then it is 120 (ie using a Mage weapon). If you have another weapon skill then you could go lower. If your eval is 120, it seems like you would want to maximize your damage output by going to at least where you can cast 7th circle 100% of the time.

C

Coyt

120 for me , I am a flame strike cannon.
Also, supposedly if you have 92 Magery and a melee opponent has 120 fencing let's say for example. He will hit you much more..

Can somebody please explain my point better. I'm not sure if that's valid or not.

magery skill wont help your defence,unless you using a mage weapon , it will try agianst your wepskill/wrestling

(if you are using a magewep, you want 120 magery (even if using a -nagery wep, then you will need some kind of skillboost so you still have 120 magery))

how múch magery you need is dependant on your other skills, but if relying on magery for kills/heals i would want 110+

G

Gellor

Depends upon if you solo or group PvP.

I've seen more fights end prematurely because of all the gimplets not being able to rez. "I'm sorry, I decided 2pts of damage was worth more than rezzing you.:(

Plus, with the number of dexers and non-mage gimplets going around, EVs and other summons become nice.:mf_prop: