• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Global Governor's Meeting On The Test Center Date TBD

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
In the fashion of world leaders meeting at a G20 Summit, this is a call for a G27 Meeting for all the governors representing the 27 production shards. Approximately 400 players have sought to represent a city on their shard for 3 past election cycles since the release of publish 81, only 243 players can be selected per each election cycle.

I am inviting all the current and past governors to heed this call to organize ourselves, so that we may better utilize this new political system more effectively. This is not a meeting for event moderators, game masters, or the casual player. However Mesanna and developers are invited to attend and observe.

The itinerary of this first Global 27 meeting is as follows:
  • Meet & Acquaint ourselves with each other at Serpent's Hold EM Hall
  • Break ourselves off into smaller groups to hold our own city meetings. (locations yet tbd)
    • Select a secretary to record the minutes of said meeting.
    • Share our concerns as governors per our respective cities.
    • Unite on five major issues we would like to share at our own council meetings.
  • Reconvene at Serpent's Hall to discuss our finding per each city.
  • Discuss global concerns.
  • Get contact information for each other so we may all better communicate.
For expediency please read and review the current government system feedback posted here:
http://stratics.com/community/threads/government-system-feedback.308119/

Disclaimer: This thread will be updated with more information and ideas. Thank you!

Last edited:

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This really is such a great idea. I am sad that this has not happened at the global level with Producer Team support. It should be looked as something that can occur every election cycle (every 3 months). @Kyronix could you see about maybe passing this idea along? Thank you!

~ Sue.

TandaBSK

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is indeed an awesome idea, I'd make one request if possible can we NOT do a Thursday at 8 p.m. CST to like 10 p.m. most any other engagement in game I can work around.
Would hate to miss Majestic Oaks Auction night, staff is stretched as is.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Finally this idea has gained some steam. Most have said they liked the idea privately, but I was waiting for others to chime in. I was hoping to do this during the day on a Saturday or Sunday. I wanted to dedicate at least 3 hours to this global event. If it doesn't work for someone, they can send an emissary in their stead.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we restrict this to governors only? We're not likely to get anything done in a public setting. I'd suggest someone build a house on TC with meeting rooms for each city and we go there.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanted to dedicate at least 3 hours to this global event. If it doesn't work for someone, they can send an emissary in their stead.
Nice thought, but a three hour meeting which must (simply for the reason that the HUGE majority of shards, players and Governors are there) work to US timing - will be another problem for us many of us Europeans and verging on the impossible for Oceania. The Catskills one took from midnight to 3:30 AM my local time, and pretty much scrambled everything planned for the rest of the day. Given we can barely scrape a full set of Governors, the chances of really well informed 'emissaries',who by default are going to also be players on our shards and thus likely to share the time issues, is unlikely to work out.

I'll try my best to get to a global governor's meeting, but we also really need to get more people involved in things like discussions on sensibly moderated forums like this one, where time to access the information is not such a constraint and people can develop and explain a complicated idea better.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally this idea has gained some steam. Most have said they liked the idea privately, but I was waiting for others to chime in. I was hoping to do this during the day on a Saturday or Sunday. I wanted to dedicate at least 3 hours to this global event. If it doesn't work for someone, they can send an emissary in their stead.

Nails you are great! I loved working with you on Ariana Erikkson as side-by-side Governors. :) This is a great idea and I fully support it.

To accommodate for our international players, could it be possible to make it EARLY afternoon? On the last Saturday of an election month perhaps? That way the governors have time to settle down into their jobs, attend those first shard meetings, etc.?

~ Sue.

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Can we restrict this to governors only? We're not likely to get anything done in a public setting. I'd suggest someone build a house on TC with meeting rooms for each city and we go there.
Would this be restricted to current governors or are alumni governors welcomed?

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would agree the folks that have been governors have a lot to say and many ideas to share as well as lessons learned. It would be good for all former and current Governors to attend.

~ Sue.

Nails Warstein

Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I sincerely would like to set a date for this. I am in favor of Sunday in the afternoon if it doesn't conflict with any Europa or Drachenfel events. Also do we want to hold this meeting before the new governor changes or after? It maybe redundant to have it before the changes, because we might waste time on something that's already been fixed. Likewise we might find something we don't like in the new changes, or may feel they don't go far enough. What is everyone's thoughts. April 13th seems ideal for me, but is that enough time to bring awareness, get all the governors on board?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We already know the changes won't go far enough since they are firmly ignoring the core problems with trade deals.

@Kyronix unless they are FORCED, through hard-coded game mechanics, most people will NOT DONATE GOLD. It simply goes against human nature to pay for something that can be gotten for free. As long as accessing the deals is free, they will fail.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree @Nails Warstein , let's do it for AFTER the changes.... and we need to think of a marketing strategy that we can get the word out ourselves. You'll need to lock in a date first I am thinking. Would be kickass if we did it in a web conference (like Google Hangout but... larger... I use GoToWebinar/GoToMeeting or WebEx or InterCall)... and record it for available playback. Or simpler, we can do a mIRC chat and go all old school or hell even host it on TeamSpeak and record that for playback. That way we do not have to be "IN GAME" to host it. I feel like while that's all great, it can get hard to follow if you have multiple people talking at once without some sort of moderation involved.

Maybe solicit the help of the Stratics folks to help us do that... how can they help the community get something like this going and help us get the word out?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd go with IRC if we don't do it in game, since three are many people who won't get into voice chat for whatever reason.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a simple tool that can be accessed from anywhere so IRC is great that way. :) Again, if we have too many... in game meetings might become a mess.