• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gladiators Collar (updated count)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gladiator Collar (1) is the count that should be.

There have been accusations that this item has been duped. Maybe I am outdated but I am not sure if this is widely accepted to be true. Considering the profile of the item and fact that only one was given out, it should be very easy to verify. Please post people you might know that own one. Screenshots with dates would be best.

If this is widely accepted to be duped (Manti?) then we can skip the exercise.

G

dougsr1 (pac) owns 1
parkay owns 1
aragon (pac) owns 1

All confirmed above

I know of another on Atlantic forgot name

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHO CARES!??, you really think this is guna stop ppl from buying it? u think its guna hurt the price?, NO ITS NOT, so leave it alone, stop talking about dupes and crap, this is so pointless, your not proving anything that we dont already know, and ur not ever guna accomplish anything by doing crap like this, so why not just leave it alone already good lord man....

G

<blockquote><hr>

WHO CARES!??, you really think this is guna stop ppl from buying it? u think its guna hurt the price?, NO ITS NOT, so leave it alone, stop talking about dupes and crap, this is so pointless, your not proving anything that we dont already know, and ur not ever guna accomplish anything by doing crap like this, so why not just leave it alone already good lord man....

[/ QUOTE ]

That is your opinion. As a new collector, I would like to steer my collection away from such obvious dupes. I know it will never be completely duped free, but this list will help me try to attain that goal.

There also are certain items I would like to own EVEN if they were duped.

1) Calm
2) Quell
3) Pacify
4) Subdue
5) Shroud of Deciet.
6) Dryad sandels (I was told they were duped,but not for sure)

These wouldn't be displayed as "True" Rares, but would look good with the theme my wife and I are trying to create.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

That is your opinion. As a new collector, I would like to steer my collection away from such obvious dupes. I know it will never be completely duped free, but this list will help me try to attain that goal.

There also are certain items I would like to own EVEN if they were duped.

1) Calm
2) Quell
3) Pacify
4) Subdue
5) Shroud of Deciet.
6) Dryad sandels (I was told they were duped,but not for sure)

These wouldn't be displayed as "True" Rares, but would look good with the theme my wife and I are trying to create.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, none of those are True Rares to begin with hehe, there all Event Items, and thats my point exactly, duped or not, its not guna stop anyone from buying them....so this entire thing is completely pointless

G

Its not pointless. There are a few items on that list that I was interested in that I have now crossed off my list. Having this list is a great idea for those of us that are new to this profession. I for one don't have unlimited gold or funds to spend and this list will help me narrow down what I want.

As for buying dupes, I sure wouldn't pay full price for anything on my list.

EM items are rare on Napa. At least those that are displayed.

M

mdacc#one

<blockquote><hr>

Its not pointless. There are a few items on that list that I was interested in that I have now crossed off my list. Having this list is a great idea for those of us that are new to this profession. I for one don't have unlimited gold or funds to spend and this list will help me narrow down what I want.

As for buying dupes, I sure wouldn't pay full price for anything on my list.

EM items are rare on Napa. At least those that are displayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely right on this. If buyers looses interests in them, then dealers won't buy them to resell them. After a while, these items will be off market and only traded on the blackmarket.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
exactly why its so freakin stupid to make a list or keep talking about dupes....because they will eventualy fall off the market, ultimately killing the rares market, which is what makes this game pretty much, and manti you've even said that ur self, that the rares market is what makes UO, considering the fact that about 95% of all rares in UO have been duped at one point or another, removing such duped items will Kill the rares market, this whole discussion is completely pointless and ignorant, its already drove one new collector to not buy certain items which again is pointless because damn near EVERYTHING has been duped.....god this is pissing me off to no end, damn near making me want to quit just because of how stupid and hypocritical some ppl here have to be....why cant you ppl just leave this crap alone, your never guna get any where and your only guna make things worse by doing this

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

WHO CARES!??

[/ QUOTE ]

For starters, you apparently do?

And I am pretty sure dozens of people who have asked for this in the past also care.

M

mdacc#one

<blockquote><hr>

exactly why its so freakin stupid to make a list or keep talking about dupes....because they will eventualy fall off the market, ultimately killing the rares market, which is what makes this game pretty much, and manti you've even said that ur self, that the rares market is what makes UO, considering the fact that about 95% of all rares in UO have been duped at one point or another, removing such duped items will Kill the rares market, this whole discussion is completely pointless and ignorant, its already drove one new collector to not buy certain items which again is pointless because damn near EVERYTHING has been duped.....god this is pissing me off to no end, damn near making me want to quit just because of how stupid and hypocritical some ppl here have to be....why cant you ppl just leave this crap alone, your never guna get any where and your only guna make things worse by doing this

[/ QUOTE ]

I think its good to have the list. Those who can provide information on the list are most likely veteran collectors/dealers. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it shows this community that we care.

I think its wrong to turn that list into a ban list because the few original owners will be hurt by that and I don't believe in sacrificing the few just to please the many.

Will this hurt the original owners? I think not. People who got them originally probably care more about how they obtained them, the adventure, the event, and the overall memories rather than the actual worth of the item. If they decide they want to sell, wouldn't you think they would have a better piece of mind knowing the truth about their item than having an irate customer coming back on them accusing them of selling dupped items?

As for you, I think you will do just fine. You have survived through all of this and made billions off this market. The list up there is but 1% of the total number of items. And having that list up there can steer you away from purchasing those items when they come up for sale. Wouldn't that build on to your reputation as a positive thing?

I can say with a lot of certainity that I am one of the oldest and biggest collectors out there. I have bought and sold and earned so many items in the past that I don't even remember. Are some of my items dupped? Probably. But do I also have unique items, yes. Is it our responsibility to teach the younger collectors, sure it is. That's part of the fun. Many of us at the end get asked to become moderators in this foreum because of the potential knowledge we can share with the rest. At the end of the day, nothing is gaind or loss in this pixel world. The only things I've gained from this in the real-world are memories, and only thing I've lost is time.

I

imported_Suzzy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

WHO CARES!??

[/ QUOTE ]

For starters, you apparently do?

And I am pretty sure dozens of people who have asked for this in the past also care.

[/ QUOTE ]

I care, and thank you for the list. Why does this guy flame everyone for having an opinion in regards to anything?

T

TheGwy

Cause it makes him feel better and stronger and stuff...maybe he needs another timeout....

I

imported_mask-z

What i see in this owners's list, that's one got a tone of rares and always best items for sale.
By reading stratics forum the fact is he sold some very rarest items several time, when all uo broker have hard job to find and/or collect items lowest rare...

And i think all know that the best way for buy rares items it's on this forum, so really i didn t know where he can find so much items, and so much bests events items, surely a black market exist ???

was just a reflexion

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think its good to have the list. Those who can provide information on the list are most likely veteran collectors/dealers. There is nothing wrong with that. In fact, I think it shows this community that we care.

I think its wrong to turn that list into a ban list because the few original owners will be hurt by that and I don't believe in sacrificing the few just to please the many.

Will this hurt the original owners? I think not. People who got them originally probably care more about how they obtained them, the adventure, the event, and the overall memories rather than the actual worth of the item. If they decide they want to sell, wouldn't you think they would have a better piece of mind knowing the truth about their item than having an irate customer coming back on them accusing them of selling dupped items?

As for you, I think you will do just fine. You have survived through all of this and made billions off this market. The list up there is but 1% of the total number of items. And having that list up there can steer you away from purchasing those items when they come up for sale. Wouldn't that build on to your reputation as a positive thing?

I can say with a lot of certainity that I am one of the oldest and biggest collectors out there. I have bought and sold and earned so many items in the past that I don't even remember. Are some of my items dupped? Probably. But do I also have unique items, yes. Is it our responsibility to teach the younger collectors, sure it is. That's part of the fun. Many of us at the end get asked to become moderators in this foreum because of the potential knowledge we can share with the rest. At the end of the day, nothing is gaind or loss in this pixel world. The only things I've gained from this in the real-world are memories, and only thing I've lost is time.

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree

G

Just gonna put in my piece...

I for one am interested in knowing something like this. Not all that bothered for most event items.. because as mentioned many times before by many people, a lot of (multiples already originally existing) event items/true rares etc were duped.. and we all know this.

But this Gladiator's Collar was a unique and I am certainly glad to know that it perhaps isn't so much anymore.

I dont have the billion(s) in gold that this item could trade for.. and even if I did I honestly wouldnt spend it on that - I could buy many other items for my collection with the kinda gold that the Collar would command. But what if I did? Would I honestly want to spend that kind of gold on something I assume to be unique. Heck no! Even if it is confirmed that there is even one more of a unique item out there.. that just leads me to think that there could be many many more of them stored away. Thus, to me, the value drops a stack load

Status
Not open for further replies.