• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Gladiators Collar & Sebratis' Book of Memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elbryan Uthador

Both duped, so less than what is shown in Manti's event thread stickied on top.

Sorry, I'm feeling too lazy to go and look it up for you. :D

B

bokke

Is there anything that is not duped?
So no point in buying these then?

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many items were duped, aye, some were duped more extensively, the book and the collar were part of one of the more extensive batches, so they tend to filter through here with consistency, which will lower their values from the projected amounts on Manticore's post.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gladiator's collar is exact same situation as vine cords.. only difference is that a duper has not accidentally let a packy with dozens of them go wild yet.

It's cost is pretty much dependent on how many the dupers have managed to sell so far and it will consistently get lower.

F

feath

So no point in buying these then?
if someone offered these to you, then no, they are not a good investment. use your money to buy something with a better resell/collectors value.

M

Mortharr/Revenge

Gladiator's collar is exact same situation as vine cords.. only difference is that a duper has not accidentally let a packy with dozens of them go wild yet.

It's cost is pretty much dependent on how many the dupers have managed to sell so far and it will consistently get lower.
There is some truth in this, however the collor is such a great pvp item like the vine cords, that it was always retain a pretty good value even if so many are seen around. I for one would love to own one of these.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
always retain a pretty good value even if so many are seen around.
Incorrect. "So many" increases over time increasing the supply and in turn, lowering the value. A loss of 300-500M gold (without even adjusting for inflation) cannot be considered as retaining good value by any logical measure. That is what happened to the cords even before the infamous packie incident.

M

Mortharr/Revenge

well maybe my wording is a a bit off
what i mean is even if they are highly duped, they will always be considered desirable by alot of players

G

Godiva_DF

The Gladiator's collar was a unique item and in the possession of Manticore if I remember correctly? How come it got duped so much?

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Gladiator's collar was a unique item and in the possession of Manticore if I remember correctly? How come it got duped so much?
Before I owned it, Mellisan, one of your fellow shard mate owned it. Then I sold it to IcyRaine. But ya, ask your good friend Simon, he seemed to have come to your aid in the past.

E

Elbryan Uthador

Could you get a clue before you start spouting off nonsense like you always do?

M

Mortharr/Revenge

Could you get a clue before you start spouting off nonsense like you always do?
calm down, hes only asking, and hes not accusing manticore.

99% of people know why these items are in mass quantities and if you follow the thread carefully youll find hints of why they are.

E

Elbryan Uthador

calm down, hes only asking, and hes not accusing manticore.

99% of people know why these items are in mass quantities and if you follow the thread carefully youll find hints of why they are.

I know why they are, and for the record, she always has a snide remark to say about Manitcore, Nails or any other big time collector.

G

Godiva_DF

Before I owned it, Mellisan, one of your fellow shard mate owned it. Then I sold it to IcyRaine. But ya, ask your good friend Simon, he seemed to have come to your aid in the past.

I am in a constant fight on Drachenfels against people like Simon, Melissan and Blake, whom you admitted to having "lend" the collar. Still got your icq about that.

I have never accused anybody of duping, I was always trying to sort out, how unique items found their ways to being duped, because they are the only items that can be proven to be duped.

I dont know Nails or any other big time collector and I doubt I have ever made snide remarks about them apart from Manticore, who I contacted regarding the collar, and who admitted to having lend it to Blake, one of DF's biggest dupers, kicked many times but still alive and well.

In my fight against our dupers, last year I had "presents" put in my castle of about 30 of each HOM, inquis, valo hammers, runics and many more. Neither Wilki nor Draconi seemingly could find the culprits, they are all still running around.

Status
Not open for further replies.