• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Gladiator items...

U

UOAuctions

Found these items, not sure where they came from or how much they are worth.
Located on Sonoma: Umbra Gladiator Sash and Gladiator Boots

Someone help me out with a price and a hint of where they came from would be much appreciated :)

R

RichDC

At the moment the only info i can find is that on Drachenfels an umbra sash sold for 30mil, i can only assume this was an old EM event item given to participants of a pvp tourney (there were 16available on Drachs.)

And just checked the Gladiator boots were a season 3 EM reward on Catskills, 15 were made and price was 75mil.

however, if oyu had the king of the gladiator boots they would be worth 250mil

C

Chaosy

The price of the Gladiator boots have dropped due to the duping issue. I believe they go for anywhere from 30-50 mil now.

D

DVI

Glad Boots were never duped.

chaosy, never stated that they were duped, although it was implied by his statement. fear of duping is often a strong enough motivator to avoid formerly popular items that are not useful for pvp/pvm which can result in a drop in price if it cant be proved that it wasnt affected.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

ok so what are the price on them if they were never duped?

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

that is not a bad price for them if you could find a buyer

Chae23

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And they will still go for around 125m or so. Not a single pair was sold during or after the duping fiasco so I firmly believe that they were in fact, Never duped. It's statements and implements such as that that drops the prices of nice items, This forum SHOULD be dedicated to promoting a positive out look on rares and event items and should focus more on replying with positive statements and facts to draw more people in instead of continuously posting false information, negative information, non sense, and discouraging remarks that only make more and more people want to quit.

The ONLY thing people are doing when they make false statements such as that is hurting the economy even more, hurting the player population because it makes people want to quit when they see that all over their valuables are junk because a valued member of stratics said it could have been duped, and basically just ruining the game for a lot of people. Either state the facts or don't state anything at all :).

and BTW just an FYI: Not a SINGLE broker in this game has a pair of those boots for sale or has even had a pair for sale in the past 2 years or more probably.

I check my facts and my sources, Do you? ;)

D

DVI

no one claimed they were duped. yes as stated previously it could be inferred that they were by the statements of others, but no where does it state they were.

D

DVI

btw your facts are incorrect as i just spoke with a broker who confirmed hes sold at least a single pair in the past year.

the broker is also someone who openly deals in duped items and is 99% sure they were heavily duped.

heresay for sure as he cant verify, but he is someone in the know so i would trust his word on the matter.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

thank you for all the info. my friend that has these boots does not deal in duped items...she is very well known on catskill as well as sonoma. she has been trusted with mills at anyone given time in this game. she ran auction house on both shards for over 4 years. she is just selling off some of the items she has had now for a few years and was wanting to know what they were worth. she has not really played much in the past two years do to having a baby. so she has lost track of what items are worth these days now that she has little more time to come back to the game and play. we are just trying to find out prices on them...thanks for the info eveyone has given i'll pass this on to her.

C

Chaosy

And they will still go for around 125m or so. Not a single pair was sold during or after the duping fiasco so I firmly believe that they were in fact, Never duped. It's statements and implements such as that that drops the prices of nice items, This forum SHOULD be dedicated to promoting a positive out look on rares and event items and should focus more on replying with positive statements and facts to draw more people in instead of continuously posting false information, negative information, non sense, and discouraging remarks that only make more and more people want to quit.

The ONLY thing people are doing when they make false statements such as that is hurting the economy even more, hurting the player population because it makes people want to quit when they see that all over their valuables are junk because a valued member of stratics said it could have been duped, and basically just ruining the game for a lot of people. Either state the facts or don't state anything at all :).

and BTW just an FYI: Not a SINGLE broker in this game has a pair of those boots for sale or has even had a pair for sale in the past 2 years or more probably.

I check my facts and my sources, Do you? ;)
I did not imply the original poster to be a duper or have made ANY false statements. I merely said that the price has dropped due to the duping fiasco. It's impossible to prove multiple drop items such as Gladiator boots to be duped, however it can be inferred through several means.

I have PERSONALLY seen multiple gladiator boots on vendors of suspected dupers/fencers for 50 mil each over the course of 2 months while I visited these vendors. It could be that it was the same pair, however I assume that some were bought and were restocked, as they were not there a few times I checked. I find the last sentence in your post completely uncalled for. Just because I chose not to present any evidence in my original post (I am a busy person after all and do not have time to respond to everything in great detail) does not mean it does not exist.

I have not made any false statements. While I agree that the purpose of this forum is to promote a positive outlook for rares collecting, everyone will admit that the rares trade is in a slump due to duping, brokering, RL cash sales, and replicas. Furthermore, I am here to provide accurate price checks and the purpose of this forum is also to WARN POTENTIAL BUYERS what to look out for in items.

I hope this satisfies your rant and hope you will stop before you post insulting remarks in the future.

Chae23

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry it was not meant to be a rant. DVI your post is wrong the broker you speak of never sold those boots he was offered to sell them but never did. and Chaosy you never saw the glad boots on a vendor for 50m you might have seen the Pirate boots, brit navy boots, possibly even the dread pirate boots but never the glad boots. I can assure you.

I did not mean to upset anyone im sorry.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Erm, whats this? Stop posting claims of random unnamed brokers who knowingly deal in dupes. No one cares about them.