• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Glacial Cloth

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just wondering if this actually exists? I've heard a few players say it does, but i wanted to get some insight from some of the more reputable rares collectors/ vets on these boards.

Does Glacial Cloth exist?

OldUO

Adventurer
It does exist and is being held and locked up tight by those whom own it.

Along with many other items, there was a bug way back that allowed people to transfer off of test center for a very short period of time.

You will notice test center items in various people collections. I know this is a source of a few different hued clothes (including glacial) there are other odd ball hues out there too. Over the years certain devs have had numerous dye tubs that allowed you to enter the hue IDs and players could dye anything any hue available in game.

If there were other methods to the cloths creation id love to hear them.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Absolutely exists. In fact I have seen it with my own two eye....was very expensive lol

OldUO

Adventurer
It will be deleted on site.. much like the ethereal clothing... as I have heard so beware :D

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I don't believe that to be true. It may be, but then the gentleman taking bids in Luna on the glacial cloth earlier this week is an idiot :)

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe that to be true. It may be, but then the gentleman taking bids in Luna on the glacial cloth earlier this week is an idiot :)
He's brilliant if he can sell it before it gets deleted. Buyer beware.

CCCP Orion

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm willing to take on the risk. PM me if you have any you would like to sell. I would like to make you rich, gold can't be deleted ;)

PinkPandora

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Why do you say it would be deleted on site ? there are plenty of glacial pants out there ?? if i chose to cut them up (which im too lazy to try on test) wouldnt it create cloth?

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you say it would be deleted on site ? there are plenty of glacial pants out there ?? if i chose to cut them up (which im too lazy to try on test) wouldnt it create cloth?
You cant cut up doggy dupes (Which all glacial pants were).

I do believe for a very short period, you COULD use salvage bags with them.

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I just spoke with Advisor Chernog (sp) and *he* sees no way that glacial cloth is illegal. He said if you wanted to be really safe you could email Mesanna but there are no rules concerning glacial cloth. It will not be deleted in sight and is legal. I hope this helps!

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Before we know it everyone will be flaunting their glacial hued clothing and the market will be saturated like Europa and Tangle hued cloth has in the past.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You cant cut up doggy dupes (Which all glacial pants were).

I do believe for a very short period, you COULD use salvage bags with them.
you can cut them up with scissors, but not into cloth. just poof when you use scissors on them.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Before we know it everyone will be flaunting their glacial hued clothing and the market will be saturated like Europa and Tangle hued cloth has in the past.
This cloth has existed for years and has mainly been in the hands of only one player who wont sell it.

I highly doubt this is somehow going to turn into some kind of epidemic.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This cloth has existed for years and has mainly been in the hands of only one player who wont sell it.

I highly doubt this is somehow going to turn into some kind of epidemic.
EPIDEMIC!!! EPIDEMIC!!! EPIDEMIC!!!
NO FAIR NO FAIR WE WANT EQUALITY!!!

Pink Sunday Turtle

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I thought UO was an egalitarian pixelated society, created to escape the despotism of modern day life. A system where the downtrodden are equipped with means to get ahead. A society of RPs sharing freely amongst one and other.

I would have never thought in all my years that someone would horde or collude the UO masses.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Really? When did this happen?
About 2005ish if I remember correctly. The bug only lasted for a few days, but people were able to transfer a surprising amount of stuff from test shard to a normal shard during that time.