• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gimp Requires Assistance

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, I'm tired of my only warrior being a loser. I can't do much of anything with him, I drag him out to fight arctic ogre lords (which is he, of course, far worse at than my mage), and for amusement I kill dread spiders in Covetous until I die, then I get mad and log him off.

Here are his skills:
Resist 110 (110 cap)
Fencing 109.3 (110 cap)
Anatomy 100 (100 cap)
Parrying 100 (100 cap)
Healing 98.9 (110 cap)
Bushido 98.4 (100 cap)
Chivalry 62.4 (100 cap)

His equipment sucks (I'm a poor player, sadly), but has 70/65/68/70/70 resists. The only mods on his suit are 10% HCI, 15% EP, 13% DCI, 4 stamina, 4 mana increase, and 10% lmc. He uses a war fork with 34% HLD, 11% HCI, 10% DCI, 35% DI (and 50% lower requirements and UBWS).

What should I do to make this character viable? I'm open to all suggestions. Should I add necromancy and use wraith or vampire form? Will the template be improved by running bushido and parrying up higher?

(Edit: forgot to add in my jewelry mods)

C

Chango Pelon

Honestly for PvM I don't run resist on my fencer and instead boost up my other skills and use a fast wep. For OL I use the knights kiss repond for example.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you think 120 bush/parry/fencing would be better? You don't like the idea of necro?

One other question--was fencing a bad choice? I have typically used macing in the past (always been my preferred melee skill), but initially went with fencing with the half-formed idea of using poisoning (which clearly didn't come about). It seems that macing is now the preferred weapon skill around (which is a shock--I'm pretty sure I used to be the only person on LS that used it, pre-Renaissance), so I'm wondering if a switch there is in order?

C

Connor_Graham

This is what I'm currently running, and although I haven't managed to actually kill a Peerless yet, I can go toe to toe with Travesty for more than an hour with neither of us even getting close to killing the other.

Weapon Skill 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Healling 90
Anatomy 90
Chiv 70
Tactics 70
Necro 35

I use the Necro items to bring Necro up to 99 for Vamp form. With this template I've solo'd Para Balrons & Para Cu Sidhe's, and lately even going toe to toe with Para Succubi. I'm currently using Swords, but Fencing or Macing will work equally well. You'll need a weapon with high SL, ML, SSI & DI. HLD is also good to have. Suit should have max DCI & as much HCI & DI as possible.

Artifacts I use are:

Mace & Shield Glasses
Jackal's Collar
Stormgrip
Heart of the Lion
Royal Leggings of Embers

I also use a pair of Arcane boots for casting Vamp form instead of using regs.

I

imported_Farsight

I've lately decided that using vamp form, while it gives incredible benifits, is optional. With good tactics and proper use of healing and confidence, you could benifit from the extra couple of points of damage per swing that 30 points of tactics gives you and the extra casting ability that 5 points of chivalry can give you.

In either case, what Connor said about items is 100% true. A weapon with hit mana leech will change your game completely. Add stamina leech or hit lower defense and it's that much better. Armor with high DCI will also change your game completely, and many artifacts with obscenely high DCI are dirt cheap these days.

I do run both a sampire and a samurai, and I prefer the sampire for hunting alone and the samurai for hunting with a partner. The type of weapon really doesn't matter to me, as I have good weapons in all three types of melee.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For a faster fencing weapon, what kind of leech numbers are good now? Since the changes, I'm clueless regarding what's decent and what sucks.

I have a kryss that have somewhere around 10-15% in each of the three leeches, I believe, but I don't use it as much, I think because the HLD really helped out while my fencing was lower and I whiffed a lot more.

C

Connor_Graham

Those leeches are very low. You'll want to look for something in the upper 30's into the 50's.

G

A guildie of mine had been telling me for MONTHS to add necro to my fencer; that I'd never go back and he was right. I was amazed at the increase of power to my character once adding necro to the template along with decent gear and weapons. I'm using Necro items to get to 99 to get into vamp form. Fencing works great for me. Ideally, I like to use weapons that have Stam and Mana Leeches (35 or more) along with DI (40 or more), and I have several triple leech weapons that are completely awesome! I like spears and pitchforks. I have a triple leech Kryss with DI that I've dubbed my "stay alive" weapon. Good gear is essential to survival. I use Mace n Shield, Legs Bane, Jackal's Collar, Essense of Battle, Tunic of Fire, and high resist armor pieces with Mana Increase and Regen. I get my butt handed to me much less and have much more fun! You won't regret adding necro. I regularly see melee characters running around Doom in Wraith form and they seem to do very well also!

S

sean_lo

Hey connor,

question: Did you joust the paragons or did you stay in one spot without moving?

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Hey connor,

question: Did you joust the paragons or did you stay in one spot without moving?

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. I'd stand in one spot as much as possible. When a particularly nasty combo would land I'd cast evasion and back off a few steps to give the bandage timer the couple of seconds it needed then I was back in the mix. It's actually safer staying in melee range since you're leeching life with every hit. Those really nasty combos that take you from 120 hp's to 40 hp's within one swing of your own wep hurt.

P

Piehunter

I run a sampire temp of:

120 Fencing
120 Anat
120 Tact
117.2 Bush, going up
93 Healing
80 Chiv, going down
and 50 Necro, going down

I intend on putting the remainder of the skill points in parry.

But, at this point, I solo dh and all the key givers with few problems.
I use a kryss with great mods and an arachnid slayer kryss for the spiders in Twisted.

Paragons are no real problem either. But I concentrate on the peerless mostly with this character as the loot is better for you effort.

E

Emil_surdeegen

Hehe i cant kill a pragon Cu shide But i kill paragon scuccubi whiout moving a step fairly easyi

A

Alexzael

I am thinking of doing the same. Could you please post your template?

Thanks in Advance,
-=Aleks=-

C

Connor_Graham

The template I'm using currently is:

Swords 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Healing 90
Anatomy 90
Tactics 70
Chiv 70
Necro 35

G

Mine is similar to Conner's template.

120 Fence
115 Parry
110 Bushi
100 Tact
94 Anat
90 Healing
70 Chiv
39 Necro

If I could find both ring and bracelet with +15 Necro, I could lower Necro to 35. I have 715 total skill pts. When I turn 4 I will lower Tact to 90 and add that to Bushi with the extra five going to Parry so that I'll have 120 Fence, 120 Parry and 120 Bushi.

B

blerick

I know its just one skill point, but actually you only need 99 necro to cast vamp, so with my items and necro 34, i do cast vamp. I just want to get that mistake that it requires 100 to cast vamp corrected to reflect that it is skill level 99 that is required.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

I know its just one skill point, but actually you only need 99 necro to cast vamp, so with my items and necro 34, i do cast vamp. I just want to get that mistake that it requires 100 to cast vamp corrected to reflect that it is skill level 99 that is required.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Makes it easier to find the ring/brace combo. Only 1 needs to be +15, the other can be 14. I've actually got a sweet +15 Necro/+10 SS brace I'm going to be selling soon. It's also got FCR 2 and Str 5/Int 5 on it if I remember correctly.