• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Gilded Statue From The Personal Collection Of The King" - Why it is now Shard Bound???

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A curiosity: why they made the "Gilded Statue From The Personal Collection Of The King" Shard Bound? ??:confused:

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a bug. Out of the over 100 ones that I've stolen, I've only seen one or two that came up as shard bound.

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might be a coincidence but I stole 5 in fel which are not shard bound, 11 in trammel which are shard bound and 1 paining in trammel which is shard bound.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they changed it since I haven't stolen from BD in quite a while. All of the ones I still have don't have the shard bound on them.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are ALL shard bound now, everything from blackthorns dungeon, they changed it gee ages and ages ago, reason unknown. Must be two or more years ago now. Nothing was shard bound then they changed it all, absolutely stupid idea, cant give the items away on Oceania. The stuff from the Ararat is also shard bound, the anchor, bell and wood carved statue, again changed at the same time for no known reason.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They are ALL shard bound now, everything from blackthorns dungeon, they changed it gee ages and ages ago, reason unknown. Must be two or more years ago now. Nothing was shard bound then they changed it all, absolutely stupid idea, cant give the items away on Oceania. The stuff from the Ararat is also shard bound, the anchor, bell and wood carved statue, again changed at the same time for no known reason.
AAMOF, I still see around in some Player Houses some of them Statues that don't have the "Shard Bound" tag, so the "retrocon" didn't seems to have affected the ones old enough to have been farmed before the change...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
AAMOF, I still see around in some Player Houses some of them Statues that don't have the "Shard Bound" tag, so the "retrocon" didn't seems to have affected the ones old enough to have been farmed before the change...
Yeah I have quite a few not shard bound from before they were. I have one of the kings paintings NOT shard bound and the other one is. For the past couple of years though everyone stolen is shard bound.

The valley of eodon stealables are also shard bound, no idea why on those either.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes, insane logic they changed stealables to Shard Bound so guess if you wanted to move to another shard leave behind all your stealables... but take all your EM Rares... because they will mean a whole lot on a shard that didn't have those events. Oh except your participation rewards from the EM Event... you'll have to leave those behind as well... As those are not shard bound making it so you can't display them on your manakin either... and they are named for whoever puts them on...

The one thing I think should be shard bound is not... and tons of other stuff is. And people keep trying to make Powerscrolls shard bound... another stupid idea... you won't need those on another shard if you transfer so leave those behind as well...

I guess they want to make sure you leave everything behind if you want to move to another shard... You'll just have to steal that junk all over again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are ALL shard bound now, everything from blackthorns dungeon, they changed it gee ages and ages ago, reason unknown. Must be two or more years ago now.
Yup, All mine have been around a while. (2 years or more) All shard bound.

Whitewolf of *VK*

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
maybe they are realizing after all these years one the main thing that's destroyed the economy is server transfers, course I have no idea why would pick stealables to make shard bound and not EM event items.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
maybe they are realizing after all these years one the main thing that's destroyed the economy is server transfers, course I have no idea why would pick stealables to make shard bound and not EM event items.
LOL I know there is NO Money in stealables, but EM events .... someone makes a LOT of real life money there, those 'buying gold' to buy them hence why the devs will continue to ensure that money stream is available to whomever.

The longer I play this game the more obvious it becomes that 'salary' is not enough for some. Every single thing is aimed at scripters, the lack of policing on obvious high level scripting while making these stupid little 'we got 2 ppl unattended macro'ing' on the newsletter posts is appalling. The resident scripter reported on oceania for OVER a year by everyone on the shard, who is live streamed for peoples viewing pleasure, where even the devs can watch, is still operating as of last night. It makes a total mockery of the whole thing.

Yep we will make stealables shard bound ...... brilliant.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL I know there is NO Money in stealables, but EM events .... someone makes a LOT of real life money there, those 'buying gold' to buy them hence why the devs will continue to ensure that money stream is available to whomever.

The longer I play this game the more obvious it becomes that 'salary' is not enough for some. Every single thing is aimed at scripters, the lack of policing on obvious high level scripting while making these stupid little 'we got 2 ppl unattended macro'ing' on the newsletter posts is appalling. The resident scripter reported on oceania for OVER a year by everyone on the shard, who is live streamed for peoples viewing pleasure, where even the devs can watch, is still operating as of last night. It makes a total mockery of the whole thing.

Yep we will make stealables shard bound ...... brilliant.
Couldn't agree more... and still, you have to wonder who's lining who's pockets, or is the game that desperate to keep subscriptions that they won't actually ban the cheaters? Just what is the reason that these things are allowed to continue?

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldn't agree more... and still, you have to wonder who's lining who's pockets, or is the game that desperate to keep subscriptions that they won't actually ban the cheaters? Just what is the reason that these things are allowed to continue?
Im glad someone brought this up. Not sure if anyone remembers Bipolar Donkey. He use to hire people to run scripts for him weither it be resources or EM Items. He would pay for the account, give you the scripts and pay when he collected every couple weeks or so. IMO that is exactly whats going on except the Devs are doing it with EM items. I think the Devs/EMs have their own people just scripting away collecting items and such. I think some of these websites selling gold and items are run but the Devs/EMs.

Why is it that the same people get an EM item at every EM Event. What would happen to these people if you made EM Items Shard Bound?

I personally dont care if you think as I do but being in this game so long and seen what can actually happen, its not too far from whats going on now.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Im glad someone brought this up. Not sure if anyone remembers Bipolar Donkey. He use to hire people to run scripts for him weither it be resources or EM Items. He would pay for the account, give you the scripts and pay when he collected every couple weeks or so. IMO that is exactly whats going on except the Devs are doing it with EM items. I think the Devs/EMs have their own people just scripting away collecting items and such. I think some of these websites selling gold and items are run but the Devs/EMs.

Why is it that the same people get an EM item at every EM Event. What would happen to these people if you made EM Items Shard Bound?

I personally dont care if you think as I do but being in this game so long and seen what can actually happen, its not too far from whats going on now.
The same people get a drop or two or three every time because they bring 4+ characters... some multiboxing ... some otherwise... I bring ONE. I might get a drop every 3 or 4 times there is a drop otherwise... Nope. I don't do other shards EM Events but on seriously rare occasions... to me its kinda not right to take someone elses drop... I mean I get annoyed with people who come to the GL events just to get the drop to sell to the highest bidder... I can't afford that crap. I would like a drop from the events to "preserve" the history of the shard. Thats why I like them. But anymore they are just a "rares factory"... Once upon a time the events were lots of fun... entertaining and engaging... anymore it's just a weak story plot with a bunch of crap that spawns... often annoying... bunch of griping from people who don't like the RP aspect of the event... and it's so hard to follow what's going on with so many people there spamming spells, spamming things people shouldn't say to others in public and so many other things... I mostly just show up and see if I can't find something worth keeping off a corpse... recover my spent arrows if I can.

But the events aren't what they used to be. I feel it's just become a vending machine for the greedy to make a buck.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would happen to these people if you made EM Items Shard Bound?
The EMs would cry Bonnie a river on channels she actually reads and she would give in to not do that.

Unfortunately for all of us, she only really talks in private channels these days.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EMs would cry Bonnie a river on channels she actually reads and she would give in to not do that.

Unfortunately for all of us, she only really talks in private channels these days.
Why would the EM's cry, they are making out as well if not more. I have seen Mesanna create an item ingame just from looking at what it is suppose to be and then naming it, (Lucky SOB whomever I sold the mislabled Mesanna item too, BTW, your welcome) There is a lot more going on within this game then most want to realize or even acknowledge. You see people trying to protect the guilty all the time. They are either benefiting from what is going on or they are a part of it.

Why is it that none of these websites selling gold and items have been sued yet? Hmmmm.

Blackie

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not only have they been shard bound since BD had it's loot itemization changed eons ago but one of the paintings no longer spawns on most shards. This painting is now one of the most valuable stealables in game ironicaly because it can no longer be stolen without a shard bound tag, or at all on Atlantic.

I hope they leave it broken, most stuff in UO is more valuable when broken.

I have one of the originals tucked in my bank if someone feels like spending a mint on it, I stole it myself not long after BD went live. It can be turned with the design tool to face either direction(someone always asks).

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The multiple Kings Blackthorn don't want their alternate selves to get their grubby mitts on the precious works of art from their mystical dungeon. They already don't like the idea of sharing Heckles...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Why would the EM's cry, they are making out as well if not more. I have seen Mesanna create an item ingame just from looking at what it is suppose to be and then naming it, (Lucky SOB whomever I sold the mislabled Mesanna item too, BTW, your welcome) There is a lot more going on within this game then most want to realize or even acknowledge. You see people trying to protect the guilty all the time. They are either benefiting from what is going on or they are a part of it.

Why is it that none of these websites selling gold and items have been sued yet? Hmmmm.
I agree with this general narrative and, as a cynical, tell myself: until this keeps the game going...o.0

What I find a little in disagreement with it is the whole Bamboo Floor "fix/mess". It alienated A LOT of the big in (and out) game actors...:confused:

Personally I HATE that so called fix because it made a fricking DESERT of the whole landscape (think only of the Dwarven Village on ATL, now almost gone... :() but it hurted the sensibility of more than one of the "big firms".

SR

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope easy amswer the early ones were not shard bound.. end off