• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Skills GGS and new alacrity scroll behavior

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Okay, I am not sure if this is by design or not, so I am posting it.

At publish 78 or 79 the alacrity scroll behavior was changed so that the timer would stop ticking down at logout.

Yesterday I ate a peacemaking alacrity scroll and got my peace GGS gain, which was affected by the alacrity scroll and logged my bard out.
Today I logger her back in 25 hours after my last login, and sure enough, the alacrity scroll was still in effect, and once again my peace GGS was affected by it.

With this trend, I can go about 30 days with this alacrity in effect, making sure my all my daily GGS are affected by it, warranting an average gain of 9 full skill points, if we consider that 30 seconds of the timer is consumed every night I log in.

Since this might not have been foreseen when the change to alacrity timer took place, I am posting it in order to get it cleared whether it is by design or it was a behavior that wasn't planned.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Since this might not have been foreseen when the change to alacrity timer took place, I am posting it in order to get it cleared whether it is by design or it was a behavior that wasn't planned.
This is currently working as intended. The intent of this Pub75 fix was that the timer would pause on logout and resume on login.