• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Getting Vanilla as a Resource Question

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Been back a few months after being gone for about 5 years and starting up Gardening.

Got myself a seed box and raised garden bed. Went to New Haven and killed some boglings for starter seeds and found a Vanilla Seed and started growing Vanilla plants.

Problem is all I am getting are plants that produce seeds.

Is there something else I need to be doing? Do Vanilla Plants not produce Vanilla but only seeds?

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just checked my vanilla plants, they are still producing resources.
UO guide lists Exodus Minions and Overseers as the creatures to get vanilla seeds from, so maybe you should try getting some from those.
I kill the minions in Blackthorn's Dungeon. It's an easy spawn to handle as most spawn in cells and they can't open doors.

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was having your problem a few months ago. The vanilla seeds that boglings drop do not produce resources. I tried killing exodus minions and overseers for several weeks without a single drop. Another player on my shard finally had to end up giving me some vanilla seeds which grow plants which produce resources. Which shard are you on? I can give you some if you are on Pacific.

I tried to ask the devs if overseers and minions were still dropping as they were supposed to but I don't think it was an important enough question.

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, so far I have killed the Minions in Blackthorn's Dungeon with no luck on the seeds. Killed several things in Exodus Dungeon and haven't gotten any seeds. Per the Publish 84.3 it should drop from 'certain mobs' in there... No idea...

Curious... I went for Boglings and I got several plain seeds. Do you have to plant the seeds and let them grow to find out exactly what you have?

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can grow the peculiar poppies and use poppy dust to ID seeds. Or the 4th year vet reward Seed Box will ID the seeds when you drop them in it.

What shard are you on? I think I have a bunch of poppy dust on Chessy you could have

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Hinotori..

Yeah I read about the poppies, but didn't know about the Seed Box. Don't know if I wanna get one though. If all else fails, I asked on /chat and at Luna Bank and got a kind soul to give me some. Hopefully I'm set with the 12 that she gave me. Thanks for the info Hinotori. I'm on Sonoma though.

Coals McSteel

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Been Killing Exodus Minions and Overseers for awhile and still no vanilla seed drops.

Anyone on LS or Chesapeake have one I can beg, borrow, or steal?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Been Killing Exodus Minions and Overseers for awhile and still no vanilla seed drops.

PM me and we can arrange to meet up on Chesapeake. I can spare a few seeds to get you started.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I can give you some on LS if you still need. PM me for a meet.