• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

getting the magic lockbox

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a guild on my shard chesapeake keeps getting the box every single time, mind you there is about 30-40 people at these events and its the same 1 or 2 people in a particular guild they keep getting it every time, when i confront them they say oh its easy to get and we do nothing illegal.... any ideas anyone? they are trying to control the market on the boxes and its pretty ******** how anything could exist to allow the same 2 people to always get the box out of that many players around

L

Lord Drakelord

ctrl/shift in 2d they can see the bar mark box, and are able to grab it if close enough to the location.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive done that about 15 times, still have no box

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've decided that the chances of my getting one are about one in 10 trillion..... my computer lags up way too much when the box pops I tried twice today I could see it but by the time I could even move it was gone both times.

B

Blade_Thugluv

im on Lake Austin and have got a Number of them. I myself have stopped trying to kill the strangers due to the fact i am tired of being called a hacker and a scripter. I did nothing wrong and used nothing. I will post the steps i did to get the boxes i got.

Once the stranger was low in health i stepped back away and casted from a distance. When the Stranger went down and everyone froze in place i hit ctrl+shift the second the box hit the ground. I kept trying to run to the box. As soon as i was next to box i kept grabbing at it. I normally was able to pick it up on the 3rd time of trying to pick it up which was the first time right after the posion blast.

Im running a really nice Computer with super fast internet and i live 30mins from the server and i ping 8ms-11ms.

I dont think i will be doing this event anymore because people like to auto assume that someone is cheating.

Any time someone does something that someone else cant do or doesnt think can be done they are automaticly scripters or hackers.

Anyways.... I hope this helps people get some of those boxes. As for me i am pretty sure i am done trying to get them even though people are asking me to try and get them one. I am gonna give the people i promised a box but i think the rest of my list is on their own.

~Blade

P

packrat

I got two. I learned a couple of things while trying. When the stranger gets down to almost zero health I move in close to it. You have to judge it just right. When the box falls don't dry to pick it up wait about a second, then open it, the poison will get you so bring some greater cure potions. You will die if you don't pay attention to your health.
Then try to pick it up. You have to be fast because everyone is on top of it.
I really don't try anymore. I just pick up the gold. I have enough with two...

C

Crow

"Aww come on...what's in the box?"

Sorry...I quote the most well acted line from the movie Seven when ever I get the chance...

L

Lord Kynd

I got two. I learned a couple of things while trying. When the stranger gets down to almost zero health I move in close to it. You have to judge it just right. When the box falls don't dry to pick it up wait about a second, then open it, the poison will get you so bring some greater cure potions. You will die if you don't pay attention to your health.
Then try to pick it up. You have to be fast because everyone is on top of it.
I really don't try anymore. I just pick up the gold. I have enough with two...
i'd be happy to get one of them.
heck i would even vow to not post for a week on stratics . i think i can handle a week anyhow :p

G

Godra

This is why I do not go to events. They are allways one sided and the pets lag my system. Not blaming the pets and tamers mind u. One sided mean it is always the same people who get the loot and I am wasting time. I went to the last one and didn't get one planesword or shield. Not upset and I will continue to play, just solo stuff.

E

Emil IsTemp

*laughs*

All the while they are watching, and laughing at the humans running to grab their treasure and trinkets.. fighting and letting greed take hold.. blind to what is really going on..

;)

A

Azazel of LA

Blade, last night you showed me a magical box in a trade window. Following that, for the next four spawns, Wraith and I got the boxes the stranger left. We didn't tell anyone because people just get upset with other people's successes. Instead of being happy with them and rejoicing with them, they get jealous and suspicious. They often begin to accuse them of fraudulent ways. We have never cheated and never will. We have just become skilled at what we do the most in game - grabbing things fast. We are IDOCers. Practice makes perfect, I have been told.
Don't stop participating in the event just because of what people say. Enjoy the game. Play it honestly and have fun. There is nothing wrong with being good or fast.
Someone once said, "It doesn't matter what people call you. What matters is what you answer to."

I think you need to give one of those boxes to your neighbor ..... just a thought :p

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Once you'v done it enough times it gets easy, as you get the hang of what you'v gota do same as anything you learn how to do it best. iv goten a couple accross diff servers taking into account iv done nearly every spawn since day 1 on 8 servers not many boxes! but what ya do is:-

straight after the box appears ctrl/shift so you see the box bar, run into it after the freeze, WAIT for the poison before trying to pick it up (everyones going mad trying but its pointless!!!) as it's not free till about 1 second after the poison, drag ya pack next to the bar as soon as the poison goes off wait 1 second an drag the bar drop in ya pack.... simple:)

obviously your not gona get it every time! out of about 100 i have 2 but ya just gota keep trying and dont get stressy about it! theres gona be plenty of them dropping 6 per shard per day by 6 days 36 by what 20 shards..... thats 720!!

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use CTRL SHFT

see the bar for the lockbox

get close when they die

W A I T for the poison to go off that is when the box is movable

When everyone jumps up to the box close their bars so you can still see the bar for the box

Drag the bar for the box to YOUR bar and drop

If you miss now you have to CTRL SHIFT again and look for boxes bar and repeat.

Good Luck I have gotten ONE out of 8 tries, timing and luck.

If somone says they are not using a script and are getting it ALOT they are FOS Finding the bar alone in a pile of people is almost impossible. and loot and if there are to many bars dont even appear.

Funny how one guy says that AFTER he got a look at one (item ID) he is now finally getting them, not accusing anyone of anything but ......

Any luck on any use yet?

G

galefan2004

Give it a few weeks (developers never said how long the Six would actually be here) and most likely no one will even be bothering with this event. I remember never getting shields and swords when Vanguards came out, but once the event had dragged on awhile I started soloing them for both the sword and shield on a regular basis.

G

galefan2004

its just a box, no?
But it says magical so everyone should have 10-20 of them.

I really don't understand the lure to stuff like this while the event is still happening. I can understand it after the event is completely finished, but even then its pretty much just a box to me too.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
frankly, i laugh at the cheaters, I've had a number of them icq me and tell me their programs and scripts are inferior and they want to know what I'm using. bottom line, I've now collected three and given one of those to my guildy. I've had no trouble getting all the things I want. Ultimately the scripters are subject to increased lag while folks like me rely on a beefy system and 10 years of experience in idocs, stealing and looting in UO. I'll beat a script every time, since i got a new computer. I used to be them at most events during the em program and I laugh.

if you can't loot the item just buy it. it's a damn blue box with no uses whatsoever beyond pixel crack. they sell for an average of 20mill on most shards which is affordable for all but the most lazy pvper or pvmer.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
frankly, i laugh at the cheaters, I've had a number of them icq me and tell me their programs and scripts are inferior and they want to know what I'm using. bottom line, I've now collected three and given one of those to my guildy. I've had no trouble getting all the things I want. Ultimately the scripters are subject to increased lag while folks like me rely on a beefy system and 10 years of experience in idocs, stealing and looting in UO. I'll beat a script every time, since i got a new computer. I used to be them at most events during the em program and I laugh.

if you can't loot the item just buy it. it's a damn blue box with no uses whatsoever beyond pixel crack. they sell for an average of 20mill on most shards which is affordable for all but the most lazy pvper or pvmer.

Well I'm gonna have to say that I believe just cause I was with an inexperianced crew last night on the "new" stranger that I was actually able to snag the box...... First time for everything I suppose....