• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Necromancy] Getting scrolls

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the monster database here, Horrific Beast scrolls are supposed to drop on Ratman Mages. I just finished killing about 40 of them at the mine entrance in Ilshnar and not a single HB scroll... only mage scrolls.

Is the Stratics Monster DB out of date on this, or is this just a "rare" drop on the Ratman Mages?

This is ridiculous to have to go thru just to get a single scroll for my Necro book.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you link me to where it says that? The only reference I can find in hunter's guide says 'one low level scroll'.

Btw, you know a scribe could write you that scroll? or even a full book.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can you link me to where it says that? The only reference I can find in hunter's guide says 'one low level scroll'.

Btw, you know a scribe could write you that scroll? or even a full book.
Scribes can write NECRO scrolls now?

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, I misspoke... I was looking at the UOGuide Wiki, that's where it says the scrolls drop on Ratman Mages. It also says they can NOT be scribed, only get from drops.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boy, do I feel STUPID... I just pulled up my old scribe and I see they can now make Necro scrolls... Uh, somebody needs to really update the UOGuide Wiki...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you need a full book though, to copy the scrolls from.
You beat me to it... Just dawn'd on me, he can't make the scrolls since he doesn't have a full Necro spellbook...

And I can't find ANYONE selling those... Good grief, stuck again...

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone on Pacific has one for sale, I'd love to pay a very high price for it...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think at this point you might do better to ask on your shard board :)

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you have a free character slot, create a new char with 49 Necro, 49 Inscription, and 2 Magery. Do the new player quests for both necro and inscription. Find the teachers for those in the New Haven magery shop and the necro shop (near the undead zone) respectively. You just need to reach 50 skill AFTER accepting the quest. The rewawds are an unded slayer spellbook from the scribe and a full 17 spell necro spellbook from the necro. Trade those to your char and your good to go. You can delete that scrap character in 7 days.

-OBSIDIAN-

I

imperterritus

I was just going to post something like Obsidian did. If you're making a permanent necromancer, of course, you don't really need to create him with more than 1 necro skill (for a partial book), and save the initial skill points for something with no newbie quest, like Poisoning. Then buy up to 40, and use the accelerated necro and spirit speak quests to get to 50. Earn the full necro book and lots of regs. :)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was just going to post something like Obsidian did. If you're making a new necro, of course, you don't really need to give him any necro, and save the initial skill points for something with no newbie quest, like Poisoning. Then buy up to 40, and use the accelerated necro and spirit speak quests to get to 50. Earn the full necro book and lots of regs. :)
Thx to both of you guys... I started a new char and am currently doing a quest... Which will take care of my spellbook. :)