• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Getting certain recipe's in Heartwood

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, now that I have a nice new house, I'd really like to have some of those Ornate Elven Chests. Unfortunatly I've been unable to find the recipe on any vendors, so I'm going to do quests until I get them.

My questions are:

1 - There are apparently 2 Carpentry quests: the "Arch Support" quest from Sleen and Waelian and the "Stop Harping on Me" quest from Anolly. The resources required for each of these quests are significantly different (90 boards VS 400 boards & 200 cloth) - which brings me to my first question, which is: Do any of you that received the Ornate Elven Chest recipe remember which quest you did for it?

2 - Since the resource requirements for the 2 quests are so radically different, does this translate to "better" recipe's received from them?

3 - Does having high Luck make any difference in the "quality" of what is in the Craftsman's Satchel?

All (constructive) input is appreciated....

rolleyes:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
1 - There are apparently 2 Carpentry quests: the "Arch Support" quest from Sleen and Waelian and the "Stop Harping on Me" quest from Anolly. The resources required for each of these quests are significantly different (90 boards VS 400 boards & 200 cloth) - which brings me to my first question, which is: Do any of you that received the Ornate Elven Chest recipe remember which quest you did for it?

2 - Since the resource requirements for the 2 quests are so radically different, does this translate to "better" recipe's received from them?

3 - Does having high Luck make any difference in the "quality" of what is in the Craftsman's Satchel?

Been a good while since I have done the quests honestly. But from what I remember....

1 - No, I don't remember which one I got it from. After thousands and thousands of quests they all blurr together for me.

2- I never found either quest to drop a greater frequency of the rarer recipes than the other. However, I did notice a bump in the quality of the loot I got from the Harp quest. Nothing worth writing home about tho really.

3- Never tested luck on it honestly. Always assumed the loot was was not effected by luck, kind of like chests.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Been a good while since I have done the quests honestly. But from what I remember....

1 - No, I don't remember which one I got it from. After thousands and thousands of quests they all blurr together for me.

2- I never found either quest to drop a greater frequency of the rarer recipes than the other. However, I did notice a bump in the quality of the loot I got from the Harp quest. Nothing worth writing home about tho really.

3- Never tested luck on it honestly. Always assumed the loot was was not effected by luck, kind of like chests.
Good info, thanks for taking the time, Kylie
:)

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Your welcome, anytime. Just hope the info is still relative, has been a while, hopefully they increased the drop rate of them since that time. If not get ready for a grind ughh.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also check with any Treasure Hunters you know...

The recipes (for ALL skills) are random loot in Treasure chests (about every 2-3 chests). I believe I got the Ornate Elven Chest on my last trip digging maps, as well as a Shard Thrasher (rare smith recipe). Other trips I've gotten other rare recipes (Resilient Bracer, for example), and the chests are the ONLY way to get one of the Stone Anvil recipes (The East-facing one; it was bugged not to spawn from quest givers)

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone on pacific needing a particular recipe let me know. I often get recipes and throw them away doing maps.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also check with any Treasure Hunters you know...

The recipes (for ALL skills) are random loot in Treasure chests (about every 2-3 chests). I believe I got the Ornate Elven Chest on my last trip digging maps, as well as a Shard Thrasher (rare smith recipe). Other trips I've gotten other rare recipes (Resilient Bracer, for example), and the chests are the ONLY way to get one of the Stone Anvil recipes (The East-facing one; it was bugged not to spawn from quest givers)
Thanks Basara, I had no idea treasure chests gave recipes... I don't think that information is in the Wiki either.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone on pacific needing a particular recipe let me know. I often get recipes and throw them away doing maps.
Percivalgoh, I play almost exclusively Pacific... Feel free to PM me anytime you have recipes to throw away, and I'll buy them from you..

:bowdown:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, now that I have a nice new house, I'd really like to have some of those Ornate Elven Chests. Unfortunatly I've been unable to find the recipe on any vendors, so I'm going to do quests until I get them.

My questions are:

This ^^^^ is my original post and since posting I have obtained both the Ornate Elven Chest recipe's (east/south) by questing. Thought I'd post my findings here for future searches of this forum.

I did the "Arch Support" quest because it cost so much less to do, and managed to get both of the recipe's after only 14 quest attempts...

Just so you all know...

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tons of recipes clogging a couple homes, but likely not the common ones. PM if need a recipe or me to craft you something.

Luck does nothing on those quests. Do the lowest resource quest from either quest giver it makes no difference.

-Lorax

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This ^^^^ is my original post and since posting I have obtained both the Ornate Elven Chest recipe's (east/south) by questing. Thought I'd post my findings here for future searches of this forum.

I did the "Arch Support" quest because it cost so much less to do, and managed to get both of the recipe's after only 14 quest attempts...

Just so you all know...

LOL oh well. I have no idea how I got my recipe for ornate elven chest but it was likely before they added them to treasure chests since I rarely find any I don't have that way.
eddited to add: I did get a Butchers war cleaver recipe from a map

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tons of recipes clogging a couple homes, but likely not the common ones. PM if need a recipe or me to craft you something.

Luck does nothing on those quests. Do the lowest resource quest from either quest giver it makes no difference.

-Lorax
I'll keep that in mind, Lorax... thanks.