• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Getting asked to be in a guild while skilling up doing quests.

B

Bengedo

Trying to wonder why people ask you to be in there guild while training skills doing quests.I'm new about 4 weeks old now and latly i been hammered about joining guilds.I stop what im doing and turn around to see who it is and there is no one there.

I like to be in a guild but dont think those are right ones to join?

On a side note : I do see some fine ppl willing to help one another out knowing they dont know who you are. Went to Gnome to do some quests solo being new and all low level didnt know what i was doing.I found a group of ppl joining a party of 5-6 and 3-4 was in diff guilds having fun doing a run in there.After that leader of the group High level took us to Monstary and ran us thru there.

G

I'm not sure how they can tell you aren't guilded without seeing you, but I guess there must be a way. A lot of guilds do that, go out and spam people they see unguilded, even send a guild invite without even talking to people. I think that's very rude and would never join a guild that just shot me an invite without even speaking to me first.

G

Some guilds are in it just for the numbers... to get as many people as they can. They dont care who joins.

However, not all guilds are like that.

My guild has an age requirement, among other things - but no level/character class requirement. You can join as a lvl 1 if you wish. We dont mind helping you out or helping you learn to play the game.

My advice is, to go to your realm forums or the guild recruitment forums when you are ready for a guild. Or, check out the guilds of people you have quested with, and liked, along the way.

J

Juliana

I have never understood it either. You come across enough idiots in game even when you do try & be selective of who you allow in your guild. I can't imagine what the guilds are like that just spam invites in trade. I have my bank alts in their own guild because I get tired of logging onto them to grab something & mail, and get wsp'd to join this or that or plz sign my charter.

Don't even get me started on "Can you give me 5g?" NO!! lol