• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

General skill question

SouthPaw

Lore Master
General skill/template question, not taming specific, but I figured you guys would know.

Is it possible to get 7 skills to 120 (or close to it) with items? How feasible is it?

*Edit*
Actually I just looked at what I want and I'd need around +66 skill with items. My spellbook has +11 magery on it, so I'd only need +55 using ring and bracelet, that should be possible shouldn't it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are players with >800 skill points. Not me.

Jewels can get 3 at 14ish each.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For an example, my tamer/bard is 6x120+100 magery (and was at 106 magery before I decided to raise real Taming from 115 to 120, and change my Lore jewelry to put more into LRC/LMC). I could have easily changed to 7x120 but didn't want to use the magery PS & wanted to keep my resists and MR as is.

Here's a list of useful items.

1. Mark of the Travesty: Two related skills +10. Most standard combat templates from ML & earlier have one that fits.
  2. An elf has access to 3 items that are leaf armor, requiring rare recipes from Heartwood or Sanctuary. Spell Woven Britches (+10 med), Healer's Touch (+10 Healing and 30% LRC), and Song Woven Mantle (leaf arms, +10 Music). The last is probably most useful for a tamer/bard.
  3. The Birds of Britannia talisman from the library collection is +5 Taming & +5 Lore. There are other talismans from there and from other Britain sources (clean up, etc.) that offer bonuses in different skills, or non-skill bonuses.
  4. Spellbooks can have up to 3 casting-related skills up to +13 or so. Or you can find an old Tome of Lost Knowledge from Treasures of Tokuno that has +15. Your best bet if you have eval is a Scrappers compendium that was crafted by a 120 mage while using the guaranteed improvement talisman. Invasion spellbooks can be nice for a traditional mage but if you don't have Eval for your magery on a tamer, SDI isn't really an issue that should concern you.
  5. Katakotl's Ring from 2 years ago halloween. Lots of skill buffing. Or, a crystalline Ring from Prism.
  6. And of course, bracelets & rings from loot, or imbued.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
For an example, my tamer/bard is 6x120+100 magery (and was at 106 magery before I decided to raise real Taming from 115 to 120, and change my Lore jewelry to put more into LRC/LMC). I could have easily changed to 7x120 but didn't want to use the magery PS & wanted to keep my resists and MR as is.

Here's a list of useful items.

1. Mark of the Travesty: Two related skills +10. Most standard combat templates from ML & earlier have one that fits.
  2. An elf has access to 3 items that are leaf armor, requiring rare recipes from Heartwood or Sanctuary. Spell Woven Britches (+10 med), Healer's Touch (+10 Healing and 30% LRC), and Song Woven Mantle (leaf arms, +10 Music). The last is probably most useful for a tamer/bard.
  3. The Birds of Britannia talisman from the library collection is +5 Taming & +5 Lore. There are other talismans from there and from other Britain sources (clean up, etc.) that offer bonuses in different skills, or non-skill bonuses.
  4. Spellbooks can have up to 3 casting-related skills up to +13 or so. Or you can find an old Tome of Lost Knowledge from Treasures of Tokuno that has +15. Your best bet if you have eval is a Scrappers compendium that was crafted by a 120 mage while using the guaranteed improvement talisman. Invasion spellbooks can be nice for a traditional mage but if you don't have Eval for your magery on a tamer, SDI isn't really an issue that should concern you.
  5. Katakotl's Ring from 2 years ago halloween. Lots of skill buffing. Or, a crystalline Ring from Prism.
  6. And of course, bracelets & rings from loot, or imbued.
Thanks for the info!

I'd really like to get the Birds of Britannia talisman. Is it a quest to get it? Where can I get the details?

I have a couple guildies that can imbue ring/bracelet however I want.

Here's what I want to try to get with items:
Taming 120 (currently 116 real skill)
Lore 120 (current around 113 real skill)
Vet 100 (or more if possible. Right now I have 120 with items, real skill around 95)
Magery 106 (or more. I have a +11 spell book now, real skill is 100.)
Eval int 120
Necro 100 (or more. I have a 110 scroll for this but haven't "eaten" it yet. Want real skill at least 90 for masteries)
SS 120

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the info!

I'd really like to get the Birds of Britannia talisman. Is it a quest to get it? Where can I get the details?

... snipped ...
Britain Library Collection - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

You'd need the following minimum skill requirements to cast listed spells with 100% probability:

7th circle magery => 105.8
8th circle magery => 119.8

necromancy - wither => 99.8
necromancy - strangle => 104.8
necromancy - lich form => 109.8
necromancy - exorcism, vengeful spirit, vampiric embrace => 119.8