• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

GD Gone Wild with Snoop

• Thread starter soulstoner
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

soulstoner

Hi,

Just sending out feelers on experiences with the new Champ Spawn frenzy & Greater Dragon pets.....if any Greater Dragons have had 'going wild' issues as was occurring back in the "Stranger" era (many months ago) ... Friend just returning after leaving UO for a bit due to loss of GD in that scenario .... Too, I've been a tad sketched to take tamer in lieu of dexxer to any of the recent new-drop champ spawns for fear of it going wild and off (great stats & such it has & trained up nicely - poor beast never gets out any more).

Any news on glitch of the beast going wild as of recent?

T

Tazar

Nothing about pets going wild - except in certain areas...

Either the Dryad or the Satyr (I forget which one) in the Dreadhorn Dungeon can discord the player significantly dropping your skill level temporarily. If you do not notice this and continue giving multiple commands (with the sound off so you do not hear the pet refuse), then chances are good you will loose the pet.

The only other place that I can think of that I have seen this is in the travesty peerless room when one of the players came in with Discord on their template. The little changeling was quick to put that to use against us.

If a discord is not the reason for loosing the pet, then I am clueless.

Safe Journeys!

S

soulstoner

Nothing about pets going wild - except in certain areas...

Either the Dryad or the Satyr (I forget which one) in the Dreadhorn Dungeon can discord the player significantly dropping your skill level temporarily. If you do not notice this and continue giving multiple commands (with the sound off so you do not hear the pet refuse), then chances are good you will loose the pet.

The only other place that I can think of that I have seen this is in the travesty peerless room when one of the players came in with Discord on their template. The little changeling was quick to put that to use against us.

If a discord is not the reason for loosing the pet, then I am clueless.

Safe Journeys!
Great info Tazar - Thank you very much!! :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crimson Dragons will turn any Dragon pet wild almost instantly.

I have also witness players lose greaters when they have low controllability scores. Then they either get discored or just have bad luck....when ever I give a command and hear a yelp...I stop immediately and feed...no exceptions.

Many players don't bother carrying food which I think is a mistake....trying to create food n the middle of a major battle is problematic to say the least.

I have 120 tame and 120 lore and I probably get a yelp once or twice during an evening at champing.....if you are closer to 110/105 you will hear it much more often!

S

soulstoner

Thank You TimberWolf ... Good to hear your experience during champing .. well listening to both of you guys I will be sure to keep sound ON when taking the Sexy Beast out... and will not introduce her to the Crimson Drags.

My real skills are (L/T) 115.8/105.9 real (115.8/120 with pluses - working with GGS to get em both 120 real) but I do recall a time T-mapping lvl 6's whereby my friend who has alot of the T&L skill on jewels ... after getting rezzed and before getting jewels re-equipped -- his Cu went wild due to the lack of sufficient skill... fortunately was able to tame it back.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems any event that the boss is a dragon will cause greater dragons to unbond. I know people had problems during the event with the 6 followers, and I believe people were warned about the Crimson Dragon and I suspect when the Platinum Dragon spawns it will unbond dragons as well.

As far as champ spawns or fighting the red invasion spawn, I haven't heard of anyone having pets come unbonded unless they were in factions and were put in stat loss and still tried to command their pets or they didn't re-equip all their taming/lore items after rezzing.

If doing peerless, then the dryads in Mel can and will discord you if you personally attack them (calling them names is OK), and if someone is a discorder in Travesty it has caused problems for tamers because Travesty uses the skills of the people that attack it. I've had a pet come unbonded in Travesty as well as a guildmate of mine.

S

soulstoner

... if you personally attack them (calling them names is OK), ....
:):D Good tippage - Thank you - Forgot about the Platinum dragon & the coolness (yikes) in Moonglow -- I haven't been to Moonglow in a long time ... Any known occurances of Rikktor wilding any out in the killing fields?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No there is a serious problem now. Had a set of frenzy for over 6 years and had one do a death by Pixes at Oaks. Went ahead and replaced it an two others with ones of better stats. Had one do the go to hell at Humility after the 10 day bonding wait. Got lucky and retamed it so back in the stables. Have my rare color Predator Hellcats out and there AI is pure BS. At red line they high tail off to include after they are rezed.

Just hope in the next 11 years they learn pets on the art of walking around a tree or rock when called or following. And at there death after yours they remain by there corpse and not go 20+ screens down (going around trees and rocks till they hit a mountain or waters edge, not to return due to a rock or tree).

S

soulstoner

... 20+ screens down (going around trees and rocks till they hit a mountain or waters edge, not to return due to a rock or tree).
:rant2: right .... hehe keeps it interesting

though sometimes it's handy to regroup far far away from the AW that killed ya.