• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Gathering to Commemorate Kazola's Tavern, Monday, July 19th

EM Elizabella

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As some of you may know, Kazola's Treetop Keg and Winery has fallen. This is a very sad day for Great Lakes. Many have fond memories of this cozy tavern and its cheerful hostess. Its fame reached other shards and even inspired artists of our own world.

Malachi and I will be holding a small gathering tonight, Monday, July 19th, at 7 p.m. CDT, at the Counselor Hall, to discuss how best to maintain what remains of the historic site and for everyone to share memories.

Kazola's was in Felucca, southeast of the Yew moongate, at 72° 52'N, 31° 38'W.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for doing this. I think its wonderful that what remains is not going to be lost.

Does anyone have any screenshots that they can post?

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats so Shocking I was just at that house a few weeks ago! Sry to see it go. Hopefully someone has pics of it.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As it is now:

As it had been a decade ago:​

When Lord British honored Kazola with a plaque:​

During the Arcodian Vendor Strike:​

From the 20,000th Visitor Celebration (Repayment won):​

Here are some from Stratics as well:​

I'll post more if I can find them...​

Lady Lava

UO Senior News Reporter
Alumni
As it is now:

As it had been a decade ago:​

When Lord British honored Kazola with a plaque:​

During the Arcodian Vendor Strike:​

From the 20,000th Visitor Celebration (Repayment won):​

Here are some from Stratics as well:​

I'll post more if I can find them...​
Thank you for posting these. Fond memories indeed. I see myself in two of the photos. :(

L

LordEvilice

In the black robe with purple apron, Bowhunter standing next to me, Representing the Wolven Knights colors, I started this game still in high school and am now 32 and gone through 3 accounts.

Even if not that many visited the Tavern recently, its always been with us, sad, sad day to see it fall.